The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Love this news!! I totally get why people don't like Glee but I just kinda go with it and sometimnes the songs they feature are great! Dunno just how they'll tackle Rumours, and I don't think Dreams will work, but I'm looking forward to it.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Forcing the songs from Rumours--of all albums ever--into a sitcom narrative is a dangerous form of pop history revisionism. It threatens to divorce the songs entirely from their emotional, aesthetic, material, and historical contexts. These are dark times.
This is a sign that the Mayan calendar is true. The apocalypse is nigh.

No, I'm just kidding. Lindsey was on stage playing guitar while Carrie Underwood was singing Go Your Own Way, for a "Fashion Rocks" show. I'm still shivering over that one. These things happen and in the end, it helps us FM fans more than it hurts.

Michele
Old 03-17-2011, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
In the end, it's good the band is still being placed before younger folks. The world needs to be reminded about/introduced to Fleetwood Mac for the band to keep going.
I agree 100%! The future generations is who will keep Fleetwood Mac alive, as evidenced by the large number number of young people here on the Ledge.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac are never gonna realize that they have albums other than Rumours at this rate.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

They should make a two-part Tusk episode, which turns into the most expensive television production ever made, is filmed largely in someone's basement, and requires multiple viewings to fully appreciate. The entire cast will perform their parts on separate soundstages, and the episode will be pieced together by three neurotic editors over a 13-month period. When released on DVD, each disc will be protected by two slipcases which you can never fit back together, and the cover art will be a picture of a dog biting an ear.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Such Glee hate...
Am I the only one that loves the show??

And Kurt (Chris Colfer) should probably do Songbird...
I don't know about Dreams, though.

But seriously, with the story line that is happening in Glee right now,
Rumours would work out well for them because the characters are living it out right now.

I think it will actually be good.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think this is wonderful news. I watched Glee last summer at the beach because my nieces had it on DVD. I thought it was a very good, wholesome show. I haven't seen the show since but I will definately watch it when they perform Rumours.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
The entire cast will perform their parts on separate soundstages
Lindsey will record his segment in the bathroom, but this time it will be due to an enlarged prostate, rather than the acoustics.

Michele
Old 03-17-2011, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
They should make a two-part Tusk episode, which turns into the most expensive television production ever made, is filmed largely in someone's basement, and requires multiple viewings to fully appreciate. The entire cast will perform their parts on separate soundstages, and the episode will be pieced together by three neurotic editors over a 13-month period. When released on DVD, each disc will be protected by two slipcases which you can never fit back together, and the cover art will be a picture of a dog biting an ear.
possibly the funniest post ever on the ledge not written by michele. ... and you almost lessened the sting of this Rumours news, about which I guess I should stop complaining. BUT I just think that there's a big ol' difference between those who were introduced to the Mac through Rumours, Rumours redeux The Dance, to, now, Glee... The Dance retained (and updated) the spirit and meaning of Rumours--which is uniquely predicated on the personalities/histories/psychologies of the individual artists and their collective dynamic. Glee already perverts the minds a new generation of pop consumers... Rumours is their only hope, but if this is their intro, I fear their imaginations won't be able to expand upon contacting the real thing.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 03-17-2011 at 07:24 PM..
Old 03-17-2011, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the material on Tusk, given that there's more of it, would have been easier to work with and perhaps a little more interesting/off the wall.

But I understand them choosing Rumours - I'm sure they're planning on incorporating the breakup drama into the episode. In fact, Murphy just said this... "We’ve always wanted to do an episode that is not a tribute to a musical act but to an album, and one of the albums that we all three love is Rumours by Fleetwood Mac. … You watch the show with everybody with each other, then breaking up – it’s like the making of the Rumours album!”

As far as a cameo, if Stevie and Lindsey were willing to make fun of themselves I think it could be potentially hilarious if the two of them made a small appearance... but I think they take themselves a little too seriously for that to work out.

Also, I'm consistently seeing Rumours being spelled as Rumors in articles about the show doing the album. It's getting on my nerves haha.

ETA: Another thought, on the subject of cameos... I know Stevie supposedly wants to be on the show (which I find strange considering she's said she doesn't like being filmed nowadays).. it would be pretty funny if the reason the Glee club decides to do Rumours is because Stevie comes to Mr. Schuester in a dream haha.

Last edited by WildHearted; 03-17-2011 at 07:31 PM..
Old 03-17-2011, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Also, I'm consistently seeing Rumours being spelled as Rumors in articles about the show doing the album. It's getting on my nerves haha.
Yes, this news has gotten a lot of press coverage and the mis-spelling is very annoying.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelluversu View Post
Such Glee hate...
Am I the only one that loves the show??
I have several friends that love it, and I've been forced to watch it....and while I don't actually mind the story lines of the show, I don't care for most of the music. But, I'm a guy who generally detests musicals, so take that with a grain of salt....

I like the bitchy coach, whatever her name is....
Old 03-17-2011, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree it's a cool idea, though it wouldn't be necessary to do a whole Rumours episode. They could choose some mac songs from any albums.

I don't follow the Glee episodes, just watch it while surfing the tv and if I like a song, I stay there. not interested in the entire story.

I enjoyed the To Sir with love scene. And of course the episode where Olivia Newton John appears, as herself if I recall right, singing Physical with the teacher.

So I even think it would be cool to see a mac member there. Anyone.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm ambivilant about it. I have never seen a full episode of Glee -- it's just not my thing. But I will watch the "Rumours" episode just for kicks.

It's so great that a fresh new band like Fleetwood Mac gets this kind of exposure. Because they are so over-looked, I think this will be the vehicle that will make them a huge success someday!
Old 03-17-2011, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Yes, this news has gotten a lot of press coverage and the mis-spelling is very annoying.
That's because alot of Americans are stupid...and annoying!