User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-20-2009, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
I don't think I've ever heard anyone before mention that Fleetwood Mac was so important in their childhood development (learning to read, being a pretty early memory etc.). That's an amazing, amazing thing when you really think about it...
AND it was in this time frame that I started to write, all because I thought Stevie's writing was "really really pretty", as my mom likes to quote. And then it began...
Old 09-21-2009, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was seven when Rumours was released. My older sister, then 13, went out and bought it right away. We must have listened to Don't Stop 400 times that first week, because my mom loved it. My sister liked The Chain and would play that all the time, too. (Interesting side note: the bass solo reminded me of a bass solo on Boston's first record, which was released a few months earlier.)

I loved the cover art, thought Stevie was gorgeous, and thought Dreams was a really great song. But I also liked You Make Loving Fun. My other sister loved Songbird and Oh Daddy. Of course we used to listen to the whole album through all the time. But, oddly, I was the only one who liked Gold Dust Woman.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey ken it's Viv here with my input. I do expect to be a part of your story.
In 1977 and up to that point I never bought whole albums, just singles.
Fleetwood Mac were huge on the radio then. In late 1976 Go Your Own Way was the first single and I loved it. In late spring/early summer Dreams was a huge hit on the radio and I absolutely loved it. Then came Don't Stop and I thought that was a great song too.
So I say to myself "if this group puts out one more fabulous song like these other three, then I will definately buy the whole album."
Then came You Make Loving Fun and I was blown away again. By this time it was spring or summer of 1978 and I still remember going to the record store and seeing the album for the first time. I loved the pose of Stevie wearing that beautiful see through black chiffon cape, looking like the major hottie that she is, with her leg draped over Mick's leg, with his foot resting on that fancy stool. It was the first time I saw what the band looked like, when I saw the front and back covers.
I bought it and took it home and put it on the turntable and played it from beginning to end. Not back to front the way Stevie listens to albums, but front to back, the way I listen to music.
I loved every song except for I Don't Want To Know, Songbird and Oh Daddy. My standout favorites were The Chain and Gold Dust Woman. To this very day you could play me GDW over and over again and I'd never be sick of it.

Over time I ended up loving the whole album with the exception of Songbird. Never really cared for that one. Like the words to it but not the melody.

I announced to my friends in the summer of 1978 that FM was my favorite Band and Stevie Nicks was my favorite singer.

Oh and one more thing I'd like to add, I was always a huge fan of the gothic soap opera DARK SHADOWS, and Stevie on the cover of Rumours looked as if she were a character plucked right out of the TV show and placed on the cover of the album.
I always loved the font you guys chose to put the lyrics in and was thrilled to have the words available to me and always enjoyed checking out the collage of pictures on the flip side of the lyric sheet as well.
I'm 47 years old now and I was 16 in 1978 and my love for FM and Stevie has never waned.

All my Love, VivFox
Old 09-23-2009, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
AND it was in this time frame that I started to write, all because I thought Stevie's writing was "really really pretty", as my mom likes to quote. And then it began...

"And there changed your life." . . . .
Old 10-12-2009, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Publisher's Weekly, 10-12-2009

http://www.publishersweekly.com/article/CA6701397.html

'Rumour' Mill

Peter McGuigan, of Foundry Literary + Media, sold, at auction, Fleetwood Mac producer Ken Caillat's Starting Rumours. Kate Hamill at It Books took world English rights to the Grammy winner's behind-the-scenes take on the making of the band's seminal album, Rumours. According to McGuigan, the book, which he called an “oral biography,” includes Caillat's firsthand experiences as well as interviews with a wide swath of people, from band members and roadies to studio execs.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Palm Beach Post (Pulse)
http://www.pbpulse.com/arts-and-cult...-lore-on-papa/

It Books will publish Starting Rumours, a book by Ken Caillat about the making of Fleetwood Mac’s legendary album Rumours.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^ BUMP ^^

This is a good read. I was busy in 2009 and totally missed this. Someone referred to it in the other thread, so I checked it out.

If you haven't read this one, or joined after it was started, you might want to read it. I am headed to Amazon to order Ken's book.

[On edit --> Thanks Amlyn for pointing me in this direction...from the Books on the Mac thread.]
Old 01-21-2011, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is it true this book is due out on May 3rd?
Old 01-21-2011, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post
Looks like it. Everything I can find has May 3rd as the release date. Seems that May is gonna be a busy month around here!
Old 01-21-2011, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post
According to amazon, yes. The dates they list are typically pretty accurate. I'll definitely be twitching with excitement leading up to May 3rd.

Loved reading this thread (I wasn't around at the time). I'm surprised how open he was about Christine, Stevie, and Lindsey's egos, and particularly Christine's "eccentricity." It's definitely promising for the book (although posting something on a forum where the people in question are highly unlikely read it is quite different from publishing it). I'm sure he'll be cautious about burning bridges, but I'd love to read honest descriptions of the personalities and dynamics during Rumours.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzoforte View Post
According to amazon, yes. The dates they list are typically pretty accurate. I'll definitely be twitching with excitement leading up to May 3rd.

Loved reading this thread (I wasn't around at the time). I'm surprised how open he was about Christine, Stevie, and Lindsey's egos, and particularly Christine's "eccentricity." It's definitely promising for the book (although posting something on a forum where the people in question are highly unlikely read it is quite different from publishing it). I'm sure he'll be cautious about burning bridges, but I'd love to read honest descriptions of the personalities and dynamics during Rumours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Looks like it. Everything I can find has May 3rd as the release date. Seems that May is gonna be a busy month around here!
Oh, I didn't even think to look it up on Amazon. I just heard it was coming out on May 3rd. Wow, that's ironic. May 3rd 2011 is going to be an exciting day, I can't wait to go out and buy both 'Spreading Rumours,' & 'In Your Dreams' on the same day :}
Old 04-19-2011, 04:38 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default release date

Hi All, sorry no release date yet, looking for the right publisher. Soon hopefully!
Ken
Old 04-19-2011, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kencaillat View Post
Hi All, sorry no release date yet, looking for the right publisher. Soon hopefully!
Ken
Looking for a publisher? You're in the same boat as Lindsey!

Good Luck, Ken, publish it and then write the ultimate Tusk-story. Because I still think the story behind that one is at least even complex and interesting.

Old 04-19-2011, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kencaillat View Post
Ken
I hope you find one soon! I'm sure most of us will buy a copy.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:28 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Looking for a publisher? You're in the same boat as Lindsey!

Good Luck, Ken, publish it and then write the ultimate Tusk-story. Because I still think the story behind that one is at least even complex and interesting.
Totally agreed here - would love to know the tusk story too.
I wasnt even thought of when rumours came out but I think its great that youre on the board and giving this opportunity to FM fans NICE WORK.