Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default For Aussie Ledgies - Classic Albums Live

So I've just stumbled across this group called Classic Albums Live that is all about performing classic albums live on stage. Currently, they're doing a tour of Brothers in Arms, as performed by a bunch of great Australian musicians including Rex Goh and Phil Emmanuel - so not your average cover band. The reviews I've seen suggest that the show is sensational, and done in two parts: classic album first, followed by other greatest hits.

The FM-relevance of this is that they're currently asking people to vote for the albums they would most like to see played on stage in 2011. I think Rumours would naturally have the best shot of getting enough votes from the general population, but I would give an arm and a leg to see Tusk played on stage in full.

FM aside, I think this is a totally cool idea and I can think of so many albums I'd love to see done this way. For those who feel so inclined, you can vote for your top 5 albums here.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Given the huge interest in this last time, I thought I should provide an update

Classic Albums Live has announced that it's next tour is 'Rumours'. Shows run through the first week of July in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth.

I was kind of bummed that I'll miss the Brisbane show (Oprah inspired me to spend a couple of weeks exploring the Northern Territory instead ), but since looking at the ticket prices, I think they're a bit on the high side. From all reports, their previous shows (non-FM) have been fantastic, but I'd probably end up sitting through the show daydreaming about how much more awesome it would be to have the *real* gang up there.

Info at:

http://www.classicalbumslive.com.au/...umours?wv=play