User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-03-2018, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 View Post
Bought tickets this morning for Pittsburgh. I'll be curious to see what they have to offer. The more I think about all of what's gone on, the more interested I get. This will be the first tour since Say You Will that I can't tell you what the setlist is months out. And I like that. I don't like the idea of throwing in TP and CH songs...this is still a Mac show after all...but I guess I could handle one of each. Here's hoping it's a fun one.
you overpaid. prices are already dropping for most venues, according to reports.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-03-2018, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I don't know if this was discussed, but the tour was probably already booked when Lindsey was fired. No band can book that big venues on such a short order. Do you think that Lindsey is entitled to a share of the profit, because he was part of the band when the contracts were inked? I would think that that is why Mick won't say "fired" and Lindsey won't say anything right now.
it was. that's what Chris indicated in RS / Sirius interview, too, before Mick talked over her. it was just supposed to start in August. it got pushed back once they ousted him, probably all the east coast big cities got moved all the way to the next year to see how it goes first.

they were planning to paint it as he left. they got screwed by the leaks of what really happened. and now they are getting all this backlash. but i'm sure it will blow over and tix prices will be lowered or grouponed or whatever and they'll make their millions in the end.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-03-2018, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it was. that's what Chris indicated in RS / Sirius interview, too, before Mick talked over her. it was just supposed to start in August. it got pushed back once they ousted him, probably all the east coast big cities got moved all the way to the next year to see how it goes first.

they were planning to paint it as he left. they got screwed by the leaks of what really happened. and now they are getting all this backlash. but i'm sure it will blow over and tix prices will be lowered or grouponed or whatever and they'll make their millions in the end.
Yeah, but it will probably be less than what they estimated at the beginning of the tour.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Yeah, but it will probably be less than what they estimated at the beginning of the tour.
i REALLY hope so. they deserve it.

Old 05-03-2018, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Apologies to the fine citizens of Oklahoma, who appear to be the unintended targets of anger
There was no insult to Oklahoma intended unless one is looking for one.

It's basic business-- concerts in Oklahoma or elsewhere outside of major entertainment hubs on the east or west coast aren't going to get covered by the national press. So if they suck, it won't likely get picked up as much. They know this and would have planned it that way. Many bands don't hit the major urban areas until they've been out for a while working out the kinks.

If you look for a bogeyman, you'll always find one.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
There was no insult to Oklahoma intended unless one is looking for one.

It's basic business-- concerts in Oklahoma or elsewhere outside of major entertainment hubs on the east or west coast aren't going to get covered by the national press. So if they suck, it won't likely get picked up as much. They know this and would have planned it that way. Many bands don't hit the major urban areas until they've been out for a while working out the kinks.

If you look for a bogeyman, you'll always find one.
The man who interviewed them on CBS told the two women who met him that same exact thing. He said that's exactly why they're starting the tour there, so that if it goes badly it won't be talked about.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
The man who interviewed them on CBS told the two women who met him that same exact thing. He said that's exactly why they're starting the tour there, so that if it goes badly it won't be talked about.
But that's so stupid and an archaic mindset. It's 2018 not 1988. The first show could be played in Butte, Montana and the videos will be on youtube within hours of the ending. Not to mention it would probably be streamed live on FB or Twitter.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
But that's so stupid and an archaic mindset. It's 2018 not 1988. The first show could be played in Butte, Montana and the videos will be on youtube within hours of the ending. Not to mention it would probably be streamed live on FB or Twitter.
That's true, but I think in terms of reviews a location like that is their best bet.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
have you followed FM or BuckVie shows on social media? it depends on the place. NYC you will have tons of vids and reports. some places? maybe 2 tweets or IG posts, the most. even for FM.

that said, Stevie hardcores who are still with her will probably go to the first show and stream etc. just not as many peeps as if it were LA or NYC.

Old 05-03-2018, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It’s a warmup gig. Just like Minneapolis in 2014. Chicago was initially going to be opening night of that tour. GbV did shows in Dallas and Austin as warmups to Matador At 21 in Vegas. It’s a fairly common practice for bands.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-03-2018, 09:58 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
you overpaid. prices are already dropping for most venues, according to reports.
I think I've overpaid every time I've seen them. I went low end for this. Nothing has made me think I need to go crazy this time around. Curious to see what they'll offer up, but I'll wait for the eventual re-re-reunion with Lindsey, John's hologram, and the lowest possible keys for every song
Old 05-03-2018, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It’s a warmup gig. Just like Minneapolis in 2014. Chicago was initially going to be opening night of that tour. GbV did shows in Dallas and Austin as warmups to Matador At 21 in Vegas. It’s a fairly common practice for bands.

it's why plays and musicals and other theatrical productions also start elsewhere before going to NY. Boston is a very common opening city for a lot of shows; they work the kinks out before heading to a bigger market like NYC.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You don’t know what seats he got and whether those would have been available at the time of the price drop though... And the price drop might have saved him, what, $60? Who cares. He got the tickets and it’s something to look forward to.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think it is common practice to play the first show(s) in a smaller market.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 View Post
I think I've overpaid every time I've seen them. I went low end for this. Nothing has made me think I need to go crazy this time around. Curious to see what they'll offer up, but I'll wait for the eventual re-re-reunion with Lindsey, John's hologram, and the lowest possible keys for every song
I think it’s hard not to ‘over pay’ for this kind of act. All the big names are charging way too much money to see them live. It’s kind of ****ty. I’m no Kid Rock fan but I think he’s made some efforts to bring ticket prices down at his shows, which I find admirable.