Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
Ahhhh I want to hear this but throwndown.net hates me and I hate torrents
Hear hear!
Old 08-06-2009, 06:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nh View Post
I'm not sure if anyone talked about this yet or not but i did some research on the 1982 tour
and i found something very intresting. Stevie's friend robin died on october 13th 1982 and
fleetwood mac was on the road in Baton Rouge, LA that same night. Throwndown.net has
the audio of that show. I have not downloaded it or heard any of it yet but what i was
wondering was how could stevie ''drugged or straight'' walk onto that stage and pull off
any type of performance knowing that her friend was about to pass. I just think of stevie's
state of mind for the shows before and after robin's death. Has anyone heard those boots
and how does stevie sound?
Didn't CAH say they were in Memphis when they got the call? Oh, nevermind...
Old 08-06-2009, 08:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
Ahhhh I want to hear this but throwndown.net hates me and I hate torrents
I'll put the Mediafire links up when it's down downloading, but I'm just wondering if Stevie actually heard the bad news before the show on October 13th. There's an October 15th show up on Throwndown.net and I'm wondering if that one's "better" (aka more "cracked up" or whatever you want to call it).
Old 08-06-2009, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This thread has been an interesting read....the stories...the topic....and any thread that has photos from

Sanne2

is bound to be fun!

She always posts photos I have never seen....and they are always delightful!

Somebody help me remember....there was a story posted about a European Tour...and the Bellboy came to deliver room service to Stevie's room...and she was "with the guitar player"....but was it ever ascertained who the guitar player was...(?)

I only remember that the Bellboy said Stevie tipped and when he delivered to Mick's room, Mick was entertaining, friendly and funny but didn't tip. I thought Danax6 posted it and it appeared in a Dutch magazine. I can't remember what tour it was or the specifics. (Old age & drugs do that to you...can't remember ****.) Still it was a cool story.

Last edited by Betsy; 08-06-2009 at 11:10 AM..
Old 08-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

First time I saw Fleetwood Mac w/ the Rumours lineup: October 31, 1982, Austin, TX. Stevie came onstage wearing a witch's hat.

Second time I saw them w/ the Rumours lineup: October 31, 1997, San Antonio, TX. No witch's hat that time, but I was in the 3rd row.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
Somebody help me remember....there was a story posted about a European Tour...and the Bellboy came to deliver room service to Stevie's room...and she was "with the guitar player"....but was it ever ascertained who the guitar player was...(?)
Yes, I remember the thread. It was after Lindsey left the band, but there was still speculation as to whether it could have been him or not because posters wondered if the room service guy would have recognized Rick or Billy as the FM guitar player.

Michele
Old 08-06-2009, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Anderson died around the 5th, & the band postponed about a week's worth of shows (the reason given at the box office in Inglewood was "walking pneumonia") but then started playing shows on the 12th or 13th, including Baton Rouge, Denver, Memphis, Irvine, & so on. Irvine on the 18th was the City of Hope benefit specifically planned as a tribute to her (but scheduled before she died).

Several of those shows are on tape, so you can hear them. Stevie isn't any different from earlier in the tour, really. Not to my ears. I mean, if someone had told me her best friend had died the day before the US Festival (way back in early September), I'd have believed it. It would have been plausible, given Stevie's gin-soaked singing. There was a lot of what seems to have been emotional pain in that singing, the entire tour, & the beautiful vocal tic Stevie had developed of dropping a yelp by a third or a perfect fourth was carried forward into the Wild Heart tour the next year.

The final remnants of that interval-descending yelp were heard sporadically on the 1986 tour, but that was the last of it.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I think Anderson died around the 5th, & the band postponed about a week's worth of shows (the reason given at the box office in Inglewood was "walking pneumonia") but then started playing shows on the 12th or 13th, including Baton Rouge, Denver, Memphis, Irvine, & so on. Irvine on the 18th was the City of Hope benefit specifically planned as a tribute to her (but scheduled before she died).

Several of those shows are on tape, so you can hear them. Stevie isn't any different from earlier in the tour, really. Not to my ears. I mean, if someone had told me her best friend had died the day before the US Festival (way back in early September), I'd have believed it. It would have been plausible, given Stevie's gin-soaked singing. There was a lot of what seems to have been emotional pain in that singing, the entire tour, & the beautiful vocal tic Stevie had developed of dropping a yelp by a third or a perfect fourth was carried forward into the Wild Heart tour the next year.

The final remnants of that interval-descending yelp were heard sporadically on the 1986 tour, but that was the last of it.
Thanks for all that info, David. Much appreciated!
Old 08-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's Landslide from Irvine, 1982. Stevie thanks the City of Hope for giving them "a little more time", and sings "I'm still afraid of changin' because I've built my life around her."

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2m1ykjwjzkw
Old 08-06-2009, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
Here's Landslide from Irvine, 1982. Stevie thanks the City of Hope for giving them "a little more time", and sings "I'm still afraid of changin' because I've built my life around her."

Oh god...you can hear it in her voice

Can any post the full show?
Old 08-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
There was a lot of what seems to have been emotional pain in that singing, the entire tour, & the beautiful vocal tic Stevie had developed of dropping a yelp by a third or a perfect fourth was carried forward into the Wild Heart tour the next year.

What exactly is this tic and what's an example of it on record or somewhere else I can hear it? Thanks!
Old 08-09-2009, 01:14 AM
Registered

Here's a review of the Memphis Mirage performance that was posted online on the net.music newsgroup about a week after the show, on October 22, 1982-

http://tinyurl.com/nfe5nd

Quote:
For anyone interested in seeing Fleetwood Mac before the group disbands
forever I might suggest that you catch the Mirage tour. After attending
the recent concert in Memphis I got the distinct impression that the
band was having serious conflicts. Most noticable of these conflicts
was as you might have guessed between Stevie Nicks and Lindsey
Buckingham. Stevie Nicks spent more time off stage than she did on
and was not to be seen if she did not have a part in the song being
done. However, overlooking the bands attitude and concentrating on the
music the concert was great! Joining Fleetwood Mac was Glen Fry(sp?)
formerly of the Eagles who turned out a splendid performance. Between
the two bands I don't think you'll find any more talent on one stage
in one night(no flames please!) and would recommend those considering
seeing either of these groups to do so. Keep in mind that the Fleetwood
Mac concert might appear to be a 'business meeting on stage' but
concentrate on the music... it might be the last chance.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post

Thanks for this..."I know she's here." Aaawww....
Old 08-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

These are great to read. If I had a time machine to go back to see FM during 1 tour...it would probably be Mirage. Especially since we know now how long it would be before we'd see that line up again. Also...until Unleased is was the only tour that had both Gypsy and Sara in it, as performed by the Rumours line-up, as far as I can tell (and I guess Unleased technically isn't the Rumours line-up, so...)
Old 08-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala View Post
Oh god...you can hear it in her voice

Can any post the full show?

OMG, when she says: "It's called Landslide" it sounds like she's about to cry :'(