Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-10-2017, 09:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
CBS Saturday Sessions performance of "Feel About You" posted on YouTube:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b12OPn...ature=youtu.be
thanks for posting the link! I was hoping they would have clips of everything.

What the heck is going on with her left hand?? Except for a brief moment on this song, it never touches the keys on any of the performances.....and though her right hand rests on the keyboard, it doesn't really do anything either. For a professional piano player that's just messed up. Like if Lindsey just stood there holding a guitar but never fingered the fretboard or ever strummed or pretended to strum the strings.....?!

Interesting Brett and Neale played the signature bits of How I Feel About You
Old 06-10-2017, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
"Love Is Here To Stay" performance on CBS Saturday Sessions:
https://youtu.be/-c0bBKCKQOk
embedded -

and Feel ABout You -

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-10-2017, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
True, they didn't talk about how the new album came to be, but I think that was a good thing- I don't think the fans want to hear Lindsey feign surprise that people think this is a Fleetwood Mac album, just without Stevie, and is not really a duets album at all.

What I liked about the interview was the background on Christine McVie- of the three songwriters in FM, she's the one usually left out of the limelight. Not this time, though.

yes, i loved that!!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-10-2017, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
But they were doing it live in the tv studio. Christine sounded a bit off key but it sounded way more live than most of IMW.

I'm waiting to see them do their next song. If it is Love is Here to Stay then I'm really bummed--- why not do one song of his and one song of hers where we can actually hear them?

I'm also kinda befuddled by their interaction-- they display very little to no chemistry or interaction while performing-- no exchanges of looks or whatever like when they play together in FM. Will this change as they warm up with more shows???
just listen to that full FAY and you'll have your answer - she gets nervous and seems to always be off key in live tv perforamances, which is too bad.

they both seemed really nervous at both shows - NBC and CBS one. Lindsey looked extremely focused (that's why you don't get their normal interaction which again is too bad).

after so many years of following this band, you know better than to doubt they'll be completely different at the shows - tehy allways are, and always playing off each other and interacting.

Old 06-10-2017, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

She's not playing because she doesn't have to, because they're playing with those god damned TRACKS. Nearly everyone does it now, and it's horrible.

Let's make us sound JUST LIKE the record!

That's called karaoke!!!
Old 06-10-2017, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I liked Feel About you. At least we know now that it's jam and not jelly
Old 06-10-2017, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't even think Lindsey was playing on love is here to stay. His solo started while his hand was fixing something
Old 06-10-2017, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
just listen to that full FAY and you'll have your answer - she gets nervous and seems to always be off key in live tv perforamances, which is too bad.

they both seemed really nervous at both shows - NBC and CBS one. Lindsey looked extremely focused (that's why you don't get their normal interaction which again is too bad).

after so many years of following this band, you know better than to doubt they'll be completely different at the shows - tehy allways are, and always playing off each other and interacting.
You're quite right, they both looked pretty nervous - Lindsey had his thousand-yard stare going on... Obviously miming to pretty much everything except some guitar solo notes - the acoustic guitar part on Love Is Here To Stay stood out in particular as mimed.

But I can't really blame them - Christine in particular hasn't done this sort of thing for years; in fact, I can't remember when she will have done a live-sung appearance on live TV before. (EDIT: Oh yeah, the live Today performance for the On With The Show tour). I feel very protective of them! Christine keeps reminding me of my Mum!

Last edited by tango87; 06-10-2017 at 10:26 AM.. Reason: Memory lapse!
Old 06-10-2017, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't really care about the pre recorded stuff on live tv. I get it. It's not easy to sound good live with the nerves etc... I would rather some stuff be pre recorded and it sound great so people will buy the record. I mean it's hard to sound good live at 25 nevermind in your 70's.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

After watching these clips, I understand a little more about where each of these performers is at this time.

Christine clearly has elected not to play the keys, except in an occasional vamp. She appears to want to concentrate on getting her vocal right. Okay. And yet she also seems to need the keyboard in front of her because it gives her comfort. I wonder why she wouldn't have gone with an array of percussion instruments so that her hands had something to do.

Lindsey has more energy but he too seems a bit unsteady--hence the need for pre-recorded backing tracks.

Of all of these performances, I think "Feel About You" is the most honest about their live capabilities.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post

Lindsey has more energy but he too seems a bit unsteady--hence the need for pre-recorded backing tracks.
I'll bet you $20 that they use them the entire tour.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Absolutely. I don't think they came up with a different arrangement for a single tv show appearance when they're rehearsing for a tour.
Old 06-10-2017, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
embedded -

and Feel ABout You -

looking good and sounding good! So glad these two have gotten the opportunity to work together as a duet after all these years.
Old 06-10-2017, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

here's the link to the interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzuDMgrIOxQ

They talk more about her background (music, art school, Chicken Shack etc) than usual. He tells the same story about Mick "grooving away" to Frozen Love and the "you have to take my girlfriend too" bit....though it seems they edited it just to get that sound byte. It does lead the reporter to say that "Lindsey Buckingham gave up his own band" to join.... Wonder how Steph feels about that.

(if someone knows how to embed the video, please do. I thought I did but I don't )
Old 06-10-2017, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post