User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGames71 View Post
But what would be the point in recording with them and not touring to promote her songs? I think that would kinda hurt the band in album sales and shows.
That's what they said after SYW and I don't agree with that position. If she wants to tour fine, but if she doesn't, she should be able to record and not tour. It made no sense to say that she couldn't record songs on SYW because she didn't plan on touring. At this point in their career, they are not going to have some gigantic hit that people will be devastated not to hear in concert. Maybe people were hoping to hear Everywhere in London and they were disappointed in that hope, but it didn't hurt the live show, so the argument that she has to tour if she records is stupid.

Do I want her to tour? Sure. What I'm saying is that if Lindsey actually wants to hog the stage like some people assume he does, then HE would want her to record and not tour. But that's not what he appears to want.

Michele
Old 11-08-2013, 11:40 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I disagree. The "Time" band did all but one show prior to the release of "Time" and there was really no promotion for that album. An album with the classic five would come with a lot of press, and it would constantly be noted that Chris wasn't going to be on the road with them.

Definitely not the case in 1994. Hell, I remember getting tickets to see Crosby, Stills, & Nash for my birthday and then hearing that Fleetwood Mac had a show the same day. Now, I assumed that Christine was out (given that call to Carl's office) and had heard that Bekka and Dave were in the band. To my shock, they were CSN's opening act, which made everything right in my world at that moment. (I did NOT know that Billy was back, and was happy to see him back.)

So, we've talked about Christine's return with the current Fleetwood Mac AND the "Time" band all in a thread about Bob Welch...That's a big ol' didja.
I suppose you're right. After all we do live in an age controlled by the media. I don't know I guess I'm just traditional where a band records an album and they all tour together. I guess all we can do is wait and see.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:43 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
That's what they said after SYW and I don't agree with that position. If she wants to tour fine, but if she doesn't, she should be able to record and not tour. It made no sense to say that she couldn't record songs on SYW because she didn't plan on touring. At this point in their career, they are not going to have some gigantic hit that people will be devastated not to hear in concert. Maybe people were hoping to hear Everywhere in London and they were disappointed in that hope, but it didn't hurt the live show, so the argument that she has to tour if she records is stupid.

Do I want her to tour? Sure. What I'm saying is that if Lindsey actually wants to hog the stage like some people assume he does, then HE would want her to record and not tour. But that's not what he appears to want.

Michele
I feel like we're going in circles here Michele. Wouldst thou not agree?
Old 11-09-2013, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
That's what they said after SYW and I don't agree with that position...At this point in their career, they are not going to have some gigantic hit that people will be devastated not to hear in concert.
While I think most understand that, I don't think they did at the time. It's not like any album they've ever done with the five of them has ever bombed. Even "Tusk" did well for a double album, and especially well by today's standards in terms of sales, and has a high regard with today's musicians. So, I could see where they'd think Chris had to tour.

The reality, as we all know, is ridiculous. In fact, it's almost better that they don't have hits at this point. Pop radio sucks these days. Hell, I'd kill for another Ambrosia, far less what this slate of crap is giving us. Twerking??? REALLY??? Hell, I miss the days when Madonna was sticking a whip up some black guy's ass in a picture book. Sorry, Miley. Waving your boney ass in front of Alan Thicke's son doesn't really shock me all that much. I expect whorier my pop stars.

Sorry for that tangent.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-09-2013, 01:34 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
The reality, as we all know, is ridiculous. In fact, it's almost better that they don't have hits at this point. Pop radio sucks these days. Hell, I'd kill for another Ambrosia, far less what this slate of crap is giving us. Twerking??? REALLY??? Hell, I miss the days when Madonna was sticking a whip up some black guy's ass in a picture book. Sorry, Miley. Waving your boney ass in front of Alan Thicke's son doesn't really shock me all that much. I expect whorier my pop stars.

Sorry for that tangent.
SteveMacD...you don't know how bad I want to hug you for saying that! Tangent very much forgiven. But you gotta admit, that's why we need bands like FM to produce more hits today. For the very reason that pop music...hell pop culture in general is absolute ****. They need to put those so called "artists" like Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber in their place. Just because you're daddy had a one hit wonder and was able to give you a leg up in your career in the industry or you were a youtube sensation, doesn't make you in any rite talented. They're too reliant on their image rather than on the music (that they don't write themselves) they put out. What they don't realize is that they're just pawns in some mass corporate record company's marketing ploy. They're famous now but once the record companies get bored with them, they'll be nothing but dust in the wind which will probably be in a few years no doubt. Younger generations need to be exposed to music like Fleetwood Mac to save themselves from the agony of the "hot new acts" that emerge every other day. Music is dying by the hand of pop trash and hipster driven **** music and that's why we need a new Mac album to bring music back to life. Music by people who actually worked hard to write and perform the songs they've written. Not something pre-recorded and written by a suit.

Now...sorry about my tangent!
Old 11-09-2013, 01:45 AM
Senior Ledgie

Heart John?

What do you know about John's health? Do you think he will be well enough to come back? What has anybody heard about what kind of cancer he has? Love to John!
Old 11-09-2013, 01:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Welch View Post
What do you know about John's health? Do you think he will be well enough to come back? What has anybody heard about what kind of cancer he has? Love to John!
You probably have more ins than us, but we all are praying for the best.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-09-2013, 02:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
SteveMacD...you don't know how bad I want to hug you for saying that! Tangent very much forgiven. But you gotta admit, that's why we need bands like FM to produce more hits today. For the very reason that pop music...hell pop culture in general is absolute ****. They need to put those so called "artists" like Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber in their place. Just because you're daddy had a one hit wonder and was able to give you a leg up in your career in the industry or you were a youtube sensation, doesn't make you in any rite talented. They're too reliant on their image rather than on the music (that they don't write themselves) they put out. What they don't realize is that they're just pawns in some mass corporate record company's marketing ploy. They're famous now but once the record companies get bored with them, they'll be nothing but dust in the wind which will probably be in a few years no doubt. Younger generations need to be exposed to music like Fleetwood Mac to save themselves from the agony of the "hot new acts" that emerge every other day. Music is dying by the hand of pop trash and hipster driven **** music and that's why we need a new Mac album to bring music back to life. Music by people who actually worked hard to write and perform the songs they've written. Not something pre-recorded and written by a suit.

Now...sorry about my tangent!
I agree. But then again, I like artists like Guided by Voices, Richard Thompson, and Wilco, all indie (i.e. sub-500K) and who have amazing catalogues, but nothing that was a hit.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-09-2013, 02:19 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
I agree. But then again, I like artists like Guided by Voices, Richard Thompson, and Wilco, all indie (i.e. sub-500K) and who have amazing catalogues, but nothing that was a hit.
I can agree with you on those 3 examples, throw in The Breeders, Pixies, Ivy, and Yeah Yeah Yeahs and we have a deal. I personally think though that there's a fine line between indie bands and hipster noisy nonsense (by that I mean all those different bands who look and sound the same who all play the same songs that just drone on and mesh together) with the beards and the plaid shirts (Not that I'm knocking plaid because I own a few myself but I don't wear it as a statement to define my music.), they're two totally different genres if you will. I'm all for indie bands, just not the hipster nonsense. If that makes any sense
Old 11-09-2013, 02:24 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Welch View Post
We're all wishing the best for him. He's a fighter so I'm sure he'll be well enough to return, especially if it was caught early enough, which it seems like it was. I hope he finds solace in the fact that all of his fans are wishing and praying for him to get well soon and that we send our love!
Old 11-09-2013, 02:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I can agree with you on those 3 examples, throw in The Breeders, Pixies, Ivy, and Yeah Yeah Yeahs and we have a deal.
"Breeders...Pixies...we have a deal..." I see what you did there.

I LOVE The Breeders (and Amps, which were basically the Breeders).

Quote:
I personally think though that there's a fine line between indie bands and hipster noisy nonsense (by that I mean all those different bands who look and sound the same who all play the same songs that just drone on and mesh together) with the beards and the plaid shirts (Not that I'm knocking plaid because I own a few myself but I don't wear it as a statement to define my music.), they're two totally different genres if you will. I'm all for indie bands, just not the hipster nonsense. If that makes any sense
Oh I TOTALLY agree. Believe me, I totally agree. I've heard enough s**ty bands in my life that I hope to never hear one again. No, those bands are NOT that. I don't even know why that's considered indie. It's just crap.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-09-2013, 02:46 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, I'm crafty like that

Quote:
Amps were the Breeders just sans Kelley ahaha. I saw the Breeders back in May on the Last Splash LSXX Tour (Complete with the Last Splash classic lineup) Besides seeing FM the month before it was the best 2 hours of my life! They played LS cover to cover and did some selections from "Pod", "Safari", and "Head to Toe"...it was epic. And the Deal twins are just total sweethearts! Its a shame Kim quit Pixies just as they were recording new material but they obviously got over it and replaced her with another Kim (Literally) But Breeders are #3 in my top 5 best concerts (Cranberries, FM, Breeders, Blondie, No Doubt FYI ahaha)

Quote:
Oh I TOTALLY agree. Believe me, I totally agree. I've heard enough s**ty bands in my life that I hope to never hear one again. No, those bands are NOT that. I don't even know why that's considered indie. It's just crap.
Game. Set. Match. Couldn't have said it better myself!
Old 11-09-2013, 01:10 PM
Ledgie

Is it me or does it seem like everything said in that Mojo article has been blown way out of proportion by everyone?

I think it would have been great to see Christine for a couple more songs...but I feel like I get where LB is coming from too. Just trying to see it from everyone's point of view! Anyone else?
Old 11-09-2013, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

OMG...so I have come out of (posting) retirement just to say this: Yes Espy! I had the privledge to work with Lou Lerma of the Amps for about 9 monthes last year. He is doing well with Elle and they have their own band Team Void (which you prolly know about).

I don't care to return to (D)Satan, OH to see them again....ok..mb just once. But just thought I'd comment on the small world we live in.

In response to Future and Michelle more specifically....I agree with you but DO NOT agree with the bands/LB's politics. He says that CM would have to tour with the band to be included in future recording. Well what about touring without recording a new full-length album? That's Perfectly OK for the rest of the band. (That's kinda a big-cash-grab joke). It just doesn't make much sense to me

Ohh: and to you, Ms. Wendy my condolenses and yes us fans hearts and prayers are with John. Best wishes to You.

Last edited by FierySequences; 11-09-2013 at 04:30 PM.. Reason: Edit: to talk about Bob and John
Old 11-09-2013, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That he is. When I saw them at the Wells Fargo center back in April the minute he stepped on stage it was like the Lindsey show. I guess it's something he can't control. Fame does that to some people, but that doesn't mean he's a bad guy off stage and out of the public eye.
Yep, he's a naturally charismatic, and ridiculously gifted performer. I was at that show too, and he was fantastic, as always. Someone needs to bring the energy, and we can always count on Lindsey for that.

Quote:
I don't think Lindsey was wrong for wanting to limit Christine's involvement with the shows. The fact is she's not in the band, at least for the time being. This is THEIR tour, and having the biggest moment of the night be somebody who's no longer in the band steal the rest of the show seems to diminish all of their hard work. So, I totally get where he's coming from on that. Creatively, Lindsey probably has the most invested in Fleetwood Mac's live shows these days.

I don't think so either. Lindsey has the most responsibility and puts the most work put into the tour. He's the only one on stage the whole show. He works his a** off and has a right to feel a little territorial, if in fact he does...which we don't really know for sure. I don't actually believe for a second that he was outright against her joining them, but maybe it wasn't his preference. I have no idea. Either way, he's entitled to his opinion and I wouldn't blame him if he had reservations about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getTusked View Post
Is it me or does it seem like everything said in that Mojo article has been blown way out of proportion by everyone?
It's not just you. I hate these threads, and how they all keep going around and around...and around Stevie, Mick, Lindsey...they all say a lot of stuff, and if we, as fans, don't know to take it all with a big chunk of salt by now, then...I don't know.