Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-26-2013, 01:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac Song Featured in Another FX Show

Not sure if anyone noticed this on American television this week. I normally do not watch "American Horror Story," but Episode 3 of the new season features "Sara," beginning with the familiar and beautiful guitar intro. In fact, one of the characters on the show sings to the opening lyrics and outright mentions Stevie and Lindsey by name. She says Stevie's voice as an artist didn't truly emerge until she and Lindsey joined Fleetwood Mac. Most of the song plays in the background during the rest of the scene.

This was a fantastic surprise, and "Sara" joins "Tusk," which was used quite prominently and very effectively in the pilot of FX's "The Americans." Just wanted to bring this to your attention to see how FM's music continues to stay relevant in hit television shows.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Yes, AHS is using Stevie references and songs in their soundtrack extensively this season. It's pretty exciting and is being discussed at length on the Stevie subforum.

I always thought Tusk was full of songs that would be perfect for use in the soundtrack of a big American TV drama. Glad to see it's starting to happen.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for mentioning the Stevie subforum. I didn't realize the story was American Horror Story was using 8 "Stevie" songs and not "Fleetwood Mac" songs, but I guess that makes sense considering the show's witch theme. Still, really cool Lindsey was mentioned and the band in the episode. The Americans' use of "Tusk" was so perfect, probably one of the best uses of found music (source music) on all of television last year, well, besides "Crystal Blue Persuasion" on Breaking Bad, which was brilliantly executed. Right now I'd like to see American Horror Story use the songs in a bit more of an organic way, so that they have a direct impact on how the story is conveyed to the audience, like in The Americans and Breaking Bad, and are not just there to be there.

Last edited by bethelblues; 10-26-2013 at 02:44 PM..