Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-24-2013, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWILDheart View Post
What what what??!??!?
Never mind. It was just a young boy (stage hand)
that stuck out his tongue.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Almost had a heart attack there.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-24-2013, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Never mind. It was just a young boy (stage hand)
that stuck out his tongue.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I went tonight. Just got home so will keep it short and sweet as I am exhausted. Had amazing seats. 8 rows from the front, directly in front of Stevie. Was an amazing show. Atmosphere electric. Lindsey's guitar solos were off the chart. Stevie's voice was on top form and she looked absolutely beautiful. I've met her before in person and thought she was stunning then, but she is looking even better lately. Major hair envy. No Christine as reported by others. A real shame but you know what? The band were on top form tonight and everyone seemed to be having a great time. Only downside was the annoying drunk girls in front of me who were eventually removed by security. Silly girls to pay that much money only to miss half of the show!

Old 09-24-2013, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Go Your Own Way by Flashproductionsfm

Dreams by Flashproductionsfm

Old 09-24-2013, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

God, what a show! My first since 2003 so I was more than ready for it and they really delivered. I've deliberately avoided YouTube videos of the US leg so there were a few surprises for me. There was just so much love and affection there for the band, and they really seemed to feel it. So Christine didn't show up, but the four of them worked so hard for nearly three hours that in a way I did think it might have stolen their thunder a bit if she had - although obviously I would have gone crazy too...

My mind (and ears) are buzzing but a few memories/observations from 12 rows back:

- I loved the acoustic instrumental of 'Peacekeeper' that played in the pre-show. I know there were other Lindsey instrumental pieces but I couldn't identify them, apart from 'Stephanie'.

- I went wild for the 'Tusk' section - so amazing to hear 'Not That Funny', a day I never thought would come. I was transported.

- 'Sad Angel' just works so well in front of a crowd.

- Why do some people who have paid £125 for a ticket spend most of the show wandering to the bar and back? In particular this one chap, who also pulled a Sainsbury's ham sandwich out of a plastic bag to munch half way through the set, and spent a lot of time brandishing a Mac T-shirt at the stage, as if the band needed reminding who they are...

- Stevie dedicated 'Landslide' to Jenny Boyd. So moving tonight.

- Lindsey pointed to me during 'Eyes Of The World'! Yes he did!

- The 'Without You' story was epic...

- 'Go Your Own Way' was like the biggest celebration I've ever heard, a fantastic singalong, although I'm sure Stevie sang 'shacking up, packing up's all you wanna do' and then grinned at herself...

- 'Silver Springs' sounded a bit off, not sure why. Stevie looked a bit thrown throughout the song, but rescued it brilliantly with a truly beautiful ending.

- A bloke shouted something out during Lindsey's speech before 'Say Goodbye' - I'm not sure what he shouted, but Lindsey said "you really killed the vibe, dude" before he got back on track again.

Anyway, a rather rambling post, but it was a stunning evening, so moving and exciting. What a great band they are. Good night!
Old 09-24-2013, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've watched the videos on YouTube and it's such a fine show they put in there, despite the absence of Christine.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-24-2013, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
God, what a show! My first since 2003 so I was more than ready for it and they really delivered. I've deliberately avoided YouTube videos of the US leg so there were a few surprises for me. There was just so much love and affection there for the band, and they really seemed to feel it. So Christine didn't show up, but the four of them worked so hard for nearly three hours that in a way I did think it might have stolen their thunder a bit if she had - although obviously I would have gone crazy too...

My mind (and ears) are buzzing but a few memories/observations from 12 rows back:

- I loved the acoustic instrumental of 'Peacekeeper' that played in the pre-show. I know there were other Lindsey instrumental pieces but I couldn't identify them, apart from 'Stephanie'.

- I went wild for the 'Tusk' section - so amazing to hear 'Not That Funny', a day I never thought would come. I was transported.

- 'Sad Angel' just works so well in front of a crowd.

- Why do some people who have paid £125 for a ticket spend most of the show wandering to the bar and back? In particular this one chap, who also pulled a Sainsbury's ham sandwich out of a plastic bag to munch half way through the set, and spent a lot of time brandishing a Mac T-shirt at the stage, as if the band needed reminding who they are...

- Stevie dedicated 'Landslide' to Jenny Boyd. So moving tonight.

- Lindsey pointed to me during 'Eyes Of The World'! Yes he did!

- The 'Without You' story was epic...

- 'Go Your Own Way' was like the biggest celebration I've ever heard, a fantastic singalong, although I'm sure Stevie sang 'shacking up, packing up's all you wanna do' and then grinned at herself...

- 'Silver Springs' sounded a bit off, not sure why. Stevie looked a bit thrown throughout the song, but rescued it brilliantly with a truly beautiful ending.

- A bloke shouted something out during Lindsey's speech before 'Say Goodbye' - I'm not sure what he shouted, but Lindsey said "you really killed the vibe, dude" before he got back on track again.

Anyway, a rather rambling post, but it was a stunning evening, so moving and exciting. What a great band they are. Good night!
That's a great review, and I didn't find it rambling at all Sounds like it was a spectacular show!
Old 09-24-2013, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
besides Peacekeeper, according to @nickslive, there were following acoustic instrumentals played before the show in London today:
Sisters of the Moon
Bleed to Love Her
Stephanie
think Destiny Rules too

Lindsey should really make these available for download. never heard there is one of Sisters before.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-24-2013, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
acoustic instrumentals...

Lindsey should really make these available for download. never heard there is one of Sisters before.
Elle, your job is to track them down and
upload them to the Lindsey Forum.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

y no christine?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
y no christine?

y no t-bone?
Old 09-25-2013, 01:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

i heard the one for Sisters at first Chicago show in 2009. I mentioned it either here or over at 7W board. (nobody acknowledged my post at the time) I've often thought that couldn't have been a one off and that people just aren't recognizing it for some reason.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

That's quite amusing. Yes, Say Goodbye is vulnerable to hecklers, because of the extended quiet.

Glad you had such a great night.

Michele
Old 09-25-2013, 07:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetinmyheart View Post
A real shame but you know what? The band were on top form tonight and everyone seemed to be having a great time. Only downside was the annoying drunk girls in front of me who were eventually removed by security. Silly girls to pay that much money only to miss half of the show!
I bet the people around them were really relieved when they were finally removed.

Michele