User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-02-2019, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
That isn't true though. I was a die hard SN fan for years and defended her over and over. I eventually started getting into the solo works of other members of FM past and present. That is the big difference allot of people who claim to be FM fans are really just SN fans. They have likely never owned and or never seen a FM concert without her in the band and likely have never seen a solo show by any other member. They also rarely if ever said two words about people like Peter Green and Bob Welch and now because they are or were doing some of their FM material they are gushing like they were always a fan of that era and owned the cd's.

This comment about them not deciding to just suddenly fire him is BS. The Buckingham McVie recording sessions were just fine. Not one person said anything bad about the sessions. In my opinion Stevie wanted MC in the band for whatever reason. I understand that Tom's death hit her hard but she isn't the only person who lost him that day. His wife and kids lost him, allot of longtime fans lost someone they respected and admired (Me being one of them). This pity party she has going on over his death is frankly a bit much.

I don't believe there are any Lindsey fans on here that think he is perfect. Most of us have said numerous times that we are well aware of his bad behavior from over the years, but that also goes for EVERY other FM member. Allot of the SN fans seem to have an excuse for every time she delayed a tour and or album and or quote outright lies from books like Storms and GDW? Most Lindsey fans have openly admitted to his bad behaviors but we all know under the influence of drugs and alcohol etc members can and did some pretty stupid things. The difference is some of us can see that while others only see his bad behavior as something that shouldn't be ignored while excusing hers time and again.

I am curious as to what it is you think he did to deserve getting fired? The tour delay???? SN demanded a year in 2012 to tour and they didn't sack her. The abuse ???? SN launched herself across a room and attacked him in 87 why wasn't she sacked for that (Never mind she was barely there for the recording sessions). Everyone loves to tell that story about how he grabbed her by the throat but always leave out the part I mentioned above.

She has also said some pretty mean and or stupid things about him in interviews over the years like calling him MR Useless etc. I don't hate SN but I also don't love Lindsey. I respect their talents as artists and such but because I know how badly they abused drugs and what effects it had I have never had anyone's feet to the fire more then anyone else.

If SN had a heart attack I would be just as upset as I am over Lindsey. Regardless of how I feel about her now I wouldn't wish harm to her under any circumstances.
Wait, what parts of Storms are inaccurate? I've been counting it as fact for a long time.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I applaud your willingness to say it.

Some things seem to be, whether true or not, out of bounds to discuss. This, and her 4? abortions. I'm still not certain why those are off limits. I mean, the truth should never be illegal to discuss, right? But people go into cardiac arrest when the latter is discussed...

And now, you drop this bomb...

Kudos...kudos.
Yeah people get really defensive over that. I got into a huge argument with someone on youtube when I chastised Stevie for it and was so shocked that people were defending her. I thought for sure, even if you're pro choice, anyone would find that many abortions just irresponsible. I don't hate her for doing it. Just thought it was out of character for someone who seems to love kids so much.
Old 03-02-2019, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That is the big difference allot of people who claim to be FM fans are really just SN fans. They have likely never owned and or never seen a FM concert without her in the band and likely have never seen a solo show by any other member.
Yes, I think that's always been true. From forty years ago to the present, macheads and chiffonheads are two groups of fans—with some outlier overlap. This sort of thing is probably true of other bands, too, from the Beatles to Genesis to Black Sabbath.

Quote:
I am curious as to what it is you think he did to deserve getting fired? The tour delay???? SN demanded a year in 2012 to tour and they didn't sack her. The abuse ???? SN launched herself across a room and attacked him in 87 why wasn't she sacked for that (Never mind she was barely there for the recording sessions). Everyone loves to tell that story about how he grabbed her by the throat but always leave out the part I mentioned above.
The important thing to recall about those Tango stories (and the New Zealand tour story) is that they surfaced for the FIRST time only in 1990 in "My Life and Adventures"—a book ghostwritten by Stephen Davis. In 1989, Mick was a drug-addled mess and Stephen Davis has since been criticized as an opportunistic and dishonest hack with his book about Stevie.

Before 1989 and the book in question, NOBODY knew (or said) anything about throwing a guitar onstage in New Zealand or choking an ex in the parking lot (although Timothy White came close in his 1989 Musician cover story).

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-02-2019, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
Yeah people get really defensive over that. I got into a huge argument with someone on youtube when I chastised Stevie for it and was so shocked that people were defending her. I thought for sure, even if you're pro choice, anyone would find that many abortions just irresponsible. I don't hate her for doing it. Just thought it was out of character for someone who seems to love kids so much.
You were chastised because it was and still is none of your business what she does with her body.

Last edited by StevieandChris; 03-02-2019 at 01:58 PM..
Old 03-02-2019, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That isn't true though. I was a die hard SN fan for years and defended her over and over. I eventually started getting into the solo works of other members of FM past and present. That is the big difference allot of people who claim to be FM fans are really just SN fans. They have likely never owned and or never seen a FM concert without her in the band and likely have never seen a solo show by any other member. They also rarely if ever said two words about people like Peter Green and Bob Welch and now because they are or were doing some of their FM material they are gushing like they were always a fan of that era and owned the cd's.

This comment about them not deciding to just suddenly fire him is BS. The Buckingham McVie recording sessions were just fine. Not one person said anything bad about the sessions. In my opinion Stevie wanted MC in the band for whatever reason. I understand that Tom's death hit her hard but she isn't the only person who lost him that day. His wife and kids lost him, allot of longtime fans lost someone they respected and admired (Me being one of them). This pity party she has going on over his death is frankly a bit much.

I don't believe there are any Lindsey fans on here that think he is perfect. Most of us have said numerous times that we are well aware of his bad behavior from over the years, but that also goes for EVERY other FM member. Allot of the SN fans seem to have an excuse for every time she delayed a tour and or album and or quote outright lies from books like Storms and GDW? Most Lindsey fans have openly admitted to his bad behaviors but we all know under the influence of drugs and alcohol etc members can and did some pretty stupid things. The difference is some of us can see that while others only see his bad behavior as something that shouldn't be ignored while excusing hers time and again.

She has also said some pretty mean and or stupid things about him in interviews over the years like calling him MR Useless etc. I don't hate SN but I also don't love Lindsey. I respect their talents as artists and such but because I know how badly they abused drugs and what effects it had I have never had anyone's feet to the fire more then anyone else.

If SN had a heart attack I would be just as upset as I am over Lindsey. Regardless of how I feel about her now I wouldn't wish harm to her under any circumstances.
I stated my opinion many times. No need to go over it again. You don’t see that his firing was deserved: good for you. You are not part of the band. They decided differently.
Old 03-02-2019, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
Wait, what parts of Storms are inaccurate? I've been counting it as fact for a long time.
The ones I remember were as follows

1. She says they had a barbecue at their house and Jeremy Spencer was there. He posted on Amazon under reviews for the book that he was never there and she responded. I forget exactly what she said but it was clear he was telling the truth.

2. The story she writes about the AMA incident when there is youtube footage to prove otherwise.

3. The story about the RS photoshoot for Rumors and when called out she responded by passing the blame on someone who was there and what they relayed to her and she was back tracking on that story and apologizing or something.

I know there were more as I recall in a discussion about the book there were comments pointing to other factual errors.

There are also parts where she implies something that she has no proof to back up. Plus the way some stories seem very heavily embellished to sound more juicy then they probably were. Yet some people swear by that book like it is gospel. Same with GDW that is full of factual errors but they continue to quote away like it is also the gospel truth.
Old 03-02-2019, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I applaud your willingness to say it.

Some things seem to be, whether true or not, out of bounds to discuss. This, and her 4? abortions. I'm still not certain why those are off limits. I mean, the truth should never be illegal to discuss, right? But people go into cardiac arrest when the latter is discussed...

And now, you drop this bomb...

Kudos...kudos.
I find Lindsey’s alleged abuse more off topic than Stevie’s abortions, especially in the Lindsey is the victim circles. For the record I doubt he physically abusive to Stevie but I do believe Carol’s claims.

As for Stevie’s abortions: it is her body, none of have any say and our opinions mean nothing. If a female does not condone abortion then don’t get one. If you are a man who doesn’t condone abortion, take responsibility to make sure your female partner does not get pregnant.
Old 03-02-2019, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The ones I remember were as follows

1. She says they had a barbecue at their house and Jeremy Spencer was there. He posted on Amazon under reviews for the book that he was never there and she responded. I forget exactly what she said but it was clear he was telling the truth.

2. The story she writes about the AMA incident when there is youtube footage to prove otherwise.

3. The story about the RS photoshoot for Rumors and when called out she responded by passing the blame on someone who was there and what they relayed to her and she was back tracking on that story and apologizing or something.

I know there were more as I recall in a discussion about the book there were comments pointing to other factual errors.

There are also parts where she implies something that she has no proof to back up. Plus the way some stories seem very heavily embellished to sound more juicy then they probably were. Yet some people swear by that book like it is gospel. Same with GDW that is full of factual errors but they continue to quote away like it is also the gospel truth.
I don’t know a single person that takes GDW as gospel truth.
Old 03-02-2019, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
I stated my opinion many times. No need to go over it again. You don’t see that his firing was deserved: good for you. You are not part of the band. They decided differently.
But they didn't. Stevie and Mick did. Christine wasn't even in the country when they did this and John had to be convinced. If they had a valid reason for firing him then they should have said so instead of lying on TV as well as going behind two members back to plot this.
Old 03-02-2019, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But they didn't. Stevie and Mick did. Christine wasn't even in the country when they did this and John had to be convinced. If they had a valid reason for firing him then they should have said so instead of lying on TV as well as going behind two members back to plot this.
The end result is the same: Lindsey was fired. Christine and John haven’t walked away yet so I guess they “were convinced.” Fans don’t get to decide what is valid and what isn’t. We are not members.
Old 03-02-2019, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don’t know a single person that takes GDW as gospel truth.

Go to Facebook and join the endless SN / FM groups and see the posts from the past year where they quote entire passages of the book and or say Lindsey was abusive etc and link an article talking about the book. When you point out all the factual errors and the fact that SN had no say nor consented to the book they usually attack with comments like she is the queen he disrespected her , I still believe he abused her etc etc.

I don't get why you think Lindsey isn't a victim here? If he was such a jerk why did SN have him work with her on solo works in the past decades . The others worked with him on a an album and nothing has been said about there being any tension in the studio. Why is hard to believe that SN lied on TV for whatever reason. And don't bring up decades old stories because then she should have been kicked out too for doing very similar if not exactly the same things.
Old 03-02-2019, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Go to Facebook and join the endless SN / FM groups and see the posts from the past year where they quote entire passages of the book and or say Lindsey was abusive etc and link an article talking about the book. When you point out all the factual errors and the fact that SN had no say nor consented to the book they usually attack with comments like she is the queen he disrespected her , I still believe he abused her etc etc.

I don't get why you think Lindsey isn't a victim here? If he was such a jerk why did SN have him work with her on solo works in the past decades . The others worked with him on a an album and nothing has been said about there being any tension in the studio. Why is hard to believe that SN lied on TV for whatever reason. And don't bring up decades old stories because then she should have been kicked out too for doing very similar if not exactly the same things.
Yawn. I have written about this many times too. His past and current actions led them to decide to fire him. So they did. Whether we think it is justified or not does not matter. How we feel about how they reported the news ultimately doesn’t matter. It’s done. Support them, or don’t. If they had decided to fire Stevie at earlier points, it would have been their right too. But they didn’t. We have no way of knowing if that would have eventually happened or not.
Old 03-02-2019, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I find Lindsey’s alleged abuse more off topic than Stevie’s abortions, especially in the Lindsey is the victim circles. For the record I doubt he physically abusive to Stevie but I do believe Carol’s claims.

As for Stevie’s abortions: it is her body, none of have any say and our opinions mean nothing. If a female does not condone abortion then don’t get one. If you are a man who doesn’t condone abortion, take responsibility to make sure your female partner does not get pregnant.
I see no point in harping on the past. What's been done cannot be undone and chastising her won't bring back her babies nor any of the other babies that have been unnecessarily killed since RvW. All we can really do as pro lifers is provide women with the facts about fetal development, present her other options (abstinence, contraception, sterilization, adoption), provide whatever financial support we can, and hope its enough to get them to see the light.
Old 03-02-2019, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I agree 100% that it's a woman's choice, and I'm 100% pro choice.

THAT SAID, when we discuss her horrible character, and complete narcissism, then I think it's fair to discuss her willingness to put her career above anything else in life. Whether that's love, or having some pesky children. I think the subject is fair game, ~again~ when we're discussing her lack of character.

No kids are gonna ruin my barnyard party!!!
Old 03-02-2019, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree 100% that it's a woman's choice, and I'm 100% pro choice.

THAT SAID, when we discuss her horrible character, and complete narcissism, then I think it's fair to discuss her willingness to put her career above anything else in life. Whether that's love, or having some pesky children. I think the subject is fair game, ~again~ when we're discussing her lack of character.

No kids are gonna ruin my barnyard party!!!
Definitely get your perspective even if I don’t agree that it’s a lack of character. .

If you don’t like someone it’s easy to use anything the person does to attack the person’s character. I take full responsibility that I do the same with Lindsey and his alleged abuse. It’s easily why I don’t see him as a victim in the firing. Ultimately it’s none of my business and my opinion doesn’t matter.