Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-12-2003, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Being a band and TITN...

It was often stated, that TITN somehow had a lack of group spirit. That there was to much solo thinking and that Stevies presence was hard to be felt there. I always liked the quality of FM, that there were 3 different writers and singers, who all contributed totally different styles. Is there another group in the world of pop rock, of which this can be said? I don't think so... I also liked them doing harmonies together on certain songs. But I also liked them doing their stuff on their own on different songs also.
I hope that not every song on the upcoming CD will be a group thing in terms of doing harmony singing as a compulsory subject. F.e. there are some songs on GOS, I wouldn`t like somebody elses voice to be added. Just LB or just SN would be totally fine for me. O.K. certainly not on the entire thing... What do you think about it? And how did you regard TITN? To me it somehow seems to be underrated by the fans. Or isn't it?
Old 01-12-2003, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Tango in the Night, however, I do feel a lack of Stevie on the album as well as some of Mirage. It almost seems as if Stevie had nothing to do with any Lindsey songs on Tango in the Night (I can't hear her on any of his five songs), and what I've heard from Mirage, there's not much there either. Stevie has three songs on Tango, and then I can hear her in Everywhere and of course Little Lies, and I THINK Mystified, but that's it. I actually would like more group cohesion, especially now that Christine is gone because there's not really a "variety" anymore, just two different styles of songwriting. Plus, being big on vocals, I think songs are a lot better when harmonies are added (to an extent...they got a little carried away on Affairs of the Heart and Skies the Limit). This is mostly why I don't like listening to Creed...it's just Scott Stapp's one line melody and not much else. In fact, when I heard their new single (Children Don't Stop Dancing?) on VH1 and heard a girl doing harmony with Scott in two lines, I nearly fell out of my chair out of shock. I was like, wow, they did a harmony! Duets are great too, especially when you have two spotlight seeking personalities trying to outdo each other on the harmonies, making them even better. I think I strayed a little here, so I'm gonna just stop.
Old 01-12-2003, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wasn't Stevie in rehab during alot of the recording for Tango in the Night...and then she just kinda came in at the end...they pretty much had to accomodate her...and deal with her absence..which might expain it not being a cohesive album...Also a note on the Creed song...that is Scott Stapp's sister singing w/ him...and i agree...it is nice to hear something then just his voice...

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks
Old 01-12-2003, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

See I was actually thinking to myself recently that I DID HOPE that the whole thing was a group project...I want them all to be involved in it, Stevie w/ Lindsey's songs, and all that...I would like to hear both vocals especially on NEARLY all the songs, maybe one or two could do without..

Chris
Old 01-12-2003, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I definitely prefer a group sound on Fleetwood Mac's albums.
I enjoy their solo projects (especially Stevie's on a whole), but I think a FLEETWOOD MAC album should be a band effort.
Which is why I think 'Tusk' is so lacking in cohesion.
It's like having a handful of Mac songs thrown together haphazardly with a bunch of Lindsey's solo tunes.

However, in saying that, I'm not at all worried about the upcoming album. Although they were *intended* for a solo project, Lindsey's songs still featured Mick and John, and most assuredly will feature Stevie on the harmonies when all is said and done.
So it'll have that group sound, even if it's by default.

As for 'Tango In The Night'... I still maintain that Stevie's limited contributions were made all the more noticeable by the chosen running order, and they could have very easily fixed that.

(By the way, Justin... Stevie can also be heard on "Family Man." Hers is the voice on the "am what I am... am what I am" bridge.)

Johnny Stew
Old 01-12-2003, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tango In The Night is my 2nd fav. FM album after Rumours, and I think it is fantastic. Every song on it (with the exception of Stevie's two songs on side two which I unfortunately have never been able to "get into" in the 16 years that I've owned the album) is awesome.

I really don't mind what the form of the songs are on the new album...it's gotten to point where I don't care...I've become so impatient I just want to see it get released!!!

Old 01-12-2003, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Me too!!

I'm another Tango lover, and that's because I love the 80's.
It doesn't bother me if you can't hear Lindsey on Everywhere or Stevie on Isn't It Midnight. I was jamming out to the album the other day...Isn't It Midnight...that solo KILLS!!! I cannot really bring myself to listen to WISYA, I've tried and I just don't like the song...Lindsey sounds good on it, but other than that... I ADORE Stevie's and Lindsey's bgv's on Little Lies...that song is GREATNESS and my fave Christine song.