The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Do you think Stevie will make it in R&R Hall of Fame as solo artist?
No 5 14.29%
Yes 30 85.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2018, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Will Stevie make into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a solo artist?

Lots of criticism about women not getting in. Diane Ross is not even in. I think the Supremes are. This is Janet Jackson’s 3rd try.

Do you think she will make it?
Old 10-09-2018, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, I do think Stevie will eventually be inducted into the RRHOF. Right now, she's ranked #1 among the nominees in the fan vote. While she may not make it on the first try, she WILL eventually be inducted.

Her induction into the RRHOF is the stuff that dreams are made of for the ceremony. Plenty of young artists will be ready to speak about her and perform cover snippets of her most famous tunes. When she takes the podium for her acceptance speech, she'll likely speak for 20 minutes, so I'm sure they'll stamp a time limit. She will then take the stage to perform Landslide, Stand Back, and Edge of Seventeen.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This guy says she is a sure thing because of the Me Too Movement
https://youtu.be/cI_p6oFzLUk
Old 10-09-2018, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In the 7 or 8 years that they've been doing the fan ballot, the act with the most votes has always gotten in. I seriously doubt Stevie will break that streak, especially with the commanding lead she has after the first day of voting.
Old 10-10-2018, 08:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
This guy says she is a sure thing because of the Me Too Movement
https://youtu.be/cI_p6oFzLUk
I hadn't thought of that, but considering today's political climate I think that will only help Stevie's odds of getting in.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The real question is, will she even MENTION Lindsey? The ungrateful dirtbag probably will not. She's revolting.
Old 10-10-2018, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This guy thinks she and Rundgren are the two no-brainers.

https://www.cleveland.com/music/inde...vie_nicks.html
Old 10-11-2018, 08:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
The real question is, will she even MENTION Lindsey? The ungrateful dirtbag probably will not. She's revolting.
The only thing revolting here is you and your nasty attitude all over this board. Once was enough. We don’t need you spewing your hate all over every damn post. You should be banned!
Old 10-11-2018, 09:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Umm, why would she mention Lindsey in relation to getting in as a solo artist? Lindsey had no part in that, it was all her hard work.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree with banning these haters.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
I agree with banning these haters.
I don't think that is the answer. People are entitled to their opinions no matter what they are. I just don't understand why they bother to continue coming here if they are so bitter about things. Why waste your time? Just move on to enjoying something else instead of spending precious moments of your life being angry and abusive. This band has always been about change and will continue to be so. I've been able to find something to like in all its incarnations and I'm sure I'll be able to in any future changes. This reminds me of another music thing I follow for a band that has had three major eras. There are certain factions in the fandom that brawl constantly over whether lead singer A or lead singer B embodies the "legend" of the band. (nobody much bothers to champion lead singer C) I enjoy A and B equally and even like a little of C. Why can't we just enjoy the music, not get caught up in silly drama and just be positive to each other?
Old 10-11-2018, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
I don't think that is the answer. People are entitled to their opinions no matter what they are. I just don't understand why they bother to continue coming here if they are so bitter about things. Why waste your time? Just move on to enjoying something else instead of spending precious moments of your life being angry and abusive. This band has always been about change and will continue to be so. I've been able to find something to like in all its incarnations and I'm sure I'll be able to in any future changes. This reminds me of another music thing I follow for a band that has had three major eras. There are certain factions in the fandom that brawl constantly over whether lead singer A or lead singer B embodies the "legend" of the band. (nobody much bothers to champion lead singer C) I enjoy A and B equally and even like a little of C. Why can't we just enjoy the music, not get caught up in silly drama and just be positive to each other?
While I agree with you in theory this board is out of control. People sling insults left and right and it isn’t just that band members. I am guilty of it myself in defense of a certain members. I’m just tired of it. I guess I just said stop coming here.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
While I agree with you in theory this board is out of control. People sling insults left and right and it isn’t just that band members. I am guilty of it myself in defense of a certain members. I’m just tired of it. I guess I just said stop coming here.
I've felt the same about avoiding coming here but I can't quite let it go. I still come here to look for nuggets of news but it sure can be a chore scrolling through page after page of venom just to look for something. I have to remind myself that there are still people that haven't been run off by the constant negative atmosphere. It is really just a handful that feel the way they do, but boy are they vocal.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Stevie getting Lindsey fired from Fleetwood Mac is really going to hurt her chances of getting in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. She is getting a lot of negative press and people are not so willing to vote for her. She is slowly losing ground on the voters poll on R&R Hall of Fane website and most of the voters are males. I seriously doubt she gets inducted.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Van Halen?