Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-23-2004, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation There's a ton...

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Mike, thanks for staking out those off-the-beaten-path trading sites. Lots of great Mac material has surfaced from those sources already. Keep us posted! We'll beat the record companies yet! (or we already have)
of places, If ya look, That have Fleetwood Mac material that has yet to make it into circulation (Unless I get to it, Which I usually do...LOL!!!)

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 07-23-2004, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I listened to Rhiannon from it yesterday posted on Go Your Own Way - what a strange, strange performance! Like, "I'm flat, but I don't care."

Have you listened to "Dreams" off of it yet?? I couldn't believe how listless she sounded. I think it's the worst version of "Dreams" I have ever heard her sing.

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 07-23-2004, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliP
Have you listened to "Dreams" off of it yet?? I couldn't believe how listless she sounded. I think it's the worst version of "Dreams" I have ever heard her sing.
no...i guess i should..kinda scared, now!
Amber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 07-23-2004, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Do you think? I love it! She's a little hoarse, which is extremely pleasurable (for me, that is -- not her). To give you an example of a Dreams I find so lackluster it's boring: Dallas '78. But even that one is saved by the great playing (the '78 shows had a tightness & bravery that the others sometimes don't) & the lyric ****up.

I think there are certain kinds of lackluster jobs that I really like from Stevie or Christine, whereas others leave me bored.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 07-23-2004, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetfootmike
Our 'Stevie' commented when she first heard the Tokyo version that Stevie sounds dead tired - apparently like (and I bow to her knowledge in this) someone who's been on coke but isn't currently... It seems to be a thread through all those Japan performances.
That's a good way to describe it. What do you guys think of Stevie's performance throughout the Osaka show on the 4th? That's always been one of my favorite Fleetwood performances, but it was the first one I ever got/owned/heard, so maybe the nostalgia warps my perspective. I think it's a smashing Rhiannon, I really do.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 07-24-2004, 04:47 AM
Senior Ledgie

Osaka's on my list of bootlegs to acquire

I'll let you know once I have it
Old 07-24-2004, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation From what I remember...

Quote:
That's a good way to describe it. What do you guys think of Stevie's performance throughout the Osaka show on the 4th? That's always been one of my favorite Fleetwood performances, but it was the first one I ever got/owned/heard, so maybe the nostalgia warps my perspective. I think it's a smashing Rhiannon, I really do.
the Dec.4,1977 Osaka show is a very good quality show. For some reason all the '77 Japanese shows sounded great.

I have a trader from Canada who is going to be receiving another '77 Japan show (I believe the date is Dec.12,1977) that we havent been able to find listed anywhere online, So once it has been listened to & compared with the other Japanese show we'll know if we found yet another rare recording to add into circulation.

Brian j.

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 07-24-2004, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
the Dec.4,1977 Osaka show is a very good quality show. For some reason all the '77 Japanese shows sounded great.
Mine, unfortunately, doesn't. It's the first tape I ever got of a live Fleetwood concert, & it's now about 26 years old. Magnetic tape on a spindle just doesn't hold up all that well over time.
Quote:
I have a trader from Canada who is going to be receiving another '77 Japan show (I believe the date is Dec.12,1977) that we havent been able to find listed anywhere online, So once it has been listened to & compared with the other Japanese show we'll know if we found yet another rare recording to add into circulation.
That'll be great, Brian. Date's a little odd to me. I think the band played Japan on Nov. 30, Dec. 1/2/3/4/5, & then finished the tour on Dec. 7/8 in Honolulu & Dec. 10 in Maui.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 07-24-2004, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation I figured...

Quote:
Date's a little odd to me. I think the band played Japan on Nov. 30, Dec. 1/2/3/4/5, & then finished the tour on Dec. 7/8 in Honolulu & Dec. 10 in Maui.
the date was odd, But hopefully it is not a show that is currently available...Just wished more high quality shows from 74-77 & 80-82 would appear.

Brian j.

Old 07-24-2004, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
the date was odd, But hopefully it is not a show that is currently available...Just wished more high quality shows from 74-77 & 80-82 would appear.
You're tellin' me. That's why I stick around the online fans: all this music keeps popping up.

The shows I'd love most from that period in top quality (none of those audience recordings) are:

Oakland Coliseum "Days On The Green" 4.25.76, etc.
Homewood "Summer Of Stars" 7.21.76
Oakland Coliseum "Days On The Green" 5.07.77
Madison Square Garden 6.29.77/6.30.77
Freehold Raceway NJ 7.10.77
Philadelphia Spectrum 9.27.77 (with Bob Welch on Hypnotized)
UCLA 10.04.77
Sydney Show Grounds 11.19.77
Philly JFK Stadium 7.30.78
The Bowl 8.31.80
Irvine Meadows 10.18.82
Stevie's Forum show 10.02.83
Stevie's Tuscaloosa show 10.29.83

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 07-25-2004, 06:30 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

Brian j.
wonder if it's someone misinterpreting the date on the Nagoya boot (12/1/77 or 1/12/77 depending on which side of the Atlantic you're on )
Old 07-25-2004, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetfootmike
wonder if it's someone misinterpreting the date on the Nagoya boot (12/1/77 or 1/12/77 depending on which side of the Atlantic you're on )
the bootleg my Canadian trader received that was to have been "Dec.12,1977" is actually just the "Dec.1,1977-Nagoya, Japan" show (Even though his trader said it was otherwise).

That is another reason why FM/SN bootlegs will never be considered as great as the other bootlegs by other artist in circulation, Inaccurate info such was wrong date, wrong location, etc.

Old 07-25-2004, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
the bootleg my Canadian trader received that was to have been "Dec.12,1977" is actually just the "Dec.1,1977-Nagoya, Japan" show (Even though his trader said it was otherwise).
Ah, bummer. Thanks for checking, Brian.
Quote:
That is another reason why FM/SN bootlegs will never be considered as great as the other bootlegs by other artist in circulation, Inaccurate info such was wrong date, wrong location, etc.
Our fanbase is . . . well, never mind.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 07-26-2004, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

While we are on the subject of hard to find bootlegs...has anyone ever come across the full concert: Atlanta 8/8/80 from the Tusk tour?? I only have Sisters of the Moon, GYOW, and Songbird from that show. The sound is amazing, sounds like soundboard. SOTM is one of the most amazing versions I have ever heard. I just can't believe that the only songs recorded were the last 3, there has to be a full boot of that show somewhere out there....

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 07-27-2004, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
While we are on the subject of hard to find bootlegs...has anyone ever come across the full concert: Atlanta 8/8/80 from the Tusk tour?? I only have Sisters of the Moon, GYOW, and Songbird from that show. The sound is amazing, sounds like soundboard. SOTM is one of the most amazing versions I have ever heard. I just can't believe that the only songs recorded were the last 3, there has to be a full boot of that show somewhere out there....
It's from the soundboard & it's out there somewhere. It was one of the things Frank Harding "borrowed" from the vaults. His bootlegger girlfriend put three cuts from it on various CD-R compilations she sold over the years, so that's why we all have GYOW, SOTM & Songbird. An audience recording of the whole show is circulating, but we'll just have to wait for the rest of the soundboard. It shouldn't be long. A similar thing happened with Mobile, & I expect the same thing to happen with two 1982 tapes: Baton Rouge & East Rutherford.

moviekinks.blogspot.com