Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Ledgie

Default FM will tour next year, says Mick

Maybe this is old news, but I thought I'd post that in an interview in St. Louis this week, Mick said FM will definitely be touring next year. Here's the link:
http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_articl...storyid=139941
Old 02-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the link. VH1 Classic had Classic Albums RUMOURS on last week. It was made in 1997...comparing it to the recent interview with Mick....Mr. Fleetwood's hair is no longer gray...it's white!

Around the 2:00 mark he says "This time next year, you WILL see Fleetwood Mac out." FEb. of 2009?

Last edited by Betsy; 02-09-2008 at 03:27 PM..
Old 02-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Correction 1:45 mark

He says the words "definitely" and compares the touring to what the Eagles recently did.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:48 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by profjohn View Post
Maybe this is old news, but I thought I'd post that in an interview in St. Louis this week, Mick said FM will definitely be touring next year. Here's the link:
http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_articl...storyid=139941
So, it isn't just idle gossip? The Mac will tour again? I wonder if this tour includes Rick Vito since he's touring with Mick now....and there's no Buckingham? Mick seems to go out of his way to mention Vito was a member of FM. Buckingham may not be in the cards, afterall.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm more certain of Lindsey returning to the Mac than I am of Stevie. Lindsey has sounded more open and ready for another round of Fleetwood Mac than Stevie has. It seems like Stevie doesn't want to tour anymore if Christine won't be there. We'll see though.

Matt
Old 02-11-2008, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac will tour. OK, that's a nice announcement, which doesn't say much about who will be touring under that name, but where can I find a schedule for the Blues Band tour? Do they come to Germany?
Thanks for info.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
I'm more certain of Lindsey returning to the Mac than I am of Stevie. Lindsey has sounded more open and ready for another round of Fleetwood Mac than Stevie has. It seems like Stevie doesn't want to tour anymore if Christine won't be there. We'll see though.

Matt

Yeah, I think Stevie may need some convincing. Now if Mick could only lore Christine out of retirement, I think we'll have our 2009 tour.

Lee
Old 02-12-2008, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It would be next to a miracle to see Rick Vito & Lindsey Buckingham on stage together.

Somebody call Bob Welch.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
It would be next to a miracle to see Rick Vito & Lindsey Buckingham on stage together.

Somebody call Bob Welch.
Hey....that DOES sound like an intriguing line-up. What was the name of the guy Mick fired....for having an affair with his wife? Maybe he's available too.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
. What was the name of the guy Mick fired....for having an affair with his wife? Maybe he's available too.
Bob Weston.

It would be cool to see Welch & Weston together again.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Bob Weston.

It would be cool to see Welch & Weston together again.
but then i'd miss christine even more......

Old 02-15-2008, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My favorite lineup is the Rumours one. But as fans, we could expect and enjoy any lineup. I would find interesting to see Welch, Vito, etc.

But this is not about what we like. The Rumours lineup is the most popular and successful, and I don't think that any other lineup would be enough interesting to justify a large tour. It's the key to get sold out concerts. And though they would enjoy playing, I think the $ issue is the most important. Let's face it. The million albums sales is gone, for bands like Fleetwood Mac, they get more money with huge tours.

And if they don't get the Rumours lineup (ok, at least the SYW lineup), the tour would be more like the Mick Fleetwood alternative bands
Old 02-16-2008, 04:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My dream is to visit a concert with Stevie and Christine... and who would play guitar? It doesn´t matter... But mix of someone from Rumorus lineup with someone from Post- or Pre-Rumours era would be interesting. But if Christine will not tour with FM and Stevie (because of that) won´t also tour... then it would be nothing even though all other FM members join to one lineup and tour...

I want Stevie to tour in Europe!
Old 02-17-2008, 08:40 PM
Senior Ledgie

Okay I'll be the first and probably only person to post saying he wouldn't mind if it was just Mick, John and Lindsey. If Stevie wants to hold out, let her! She could tour solo and I would go see that just as soon. The guys touring together would allow for some seriously righteous jam opportunities. Of course, it would be nice to have Stevie there, but I would be OKAY with just the guys being on the stage as well.

Old 02-18-2008, 05:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JbbyStew86 View Post
Okay I'll be the first and probably only person to post saying he wouldn't mind if it was just Mick, John and Lindsey.
You are definately not the only one and certainly not the first. Welcome to the ledge! I like your vision!