User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
yep. If i'm buying music I'd prefer a format where i'm getting the highest quality. A 320/256kbps download isn't value to me when I could buy the CD and have the maximum quality and also be able to create the FLAC/EAC to have on computer.
But you CAN'T buy an actual CD...That's the whole point.

I bet a 320/256kbps download sounds WAY better than cassette. Remember when we'd be happy getting non-third generation cassettes of live shows?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-22-2011, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh I dunno Steve,cassette has it's charms too
But yeah,it's not out on CD,therefore Billy doesn't get a sale.My loss? His loss i'd say.
I'm just really particular about music.I want it to be real.You can just put together your music on pro-tools&other software, put a nice photoshopped picture with it and call it the album cover- but is it an album? Not to me
Old 06-28-2011, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm currently listening to the streaming sound samples of Billy's new album on the reverbnation website. "Rock N Roll With It" is definitely his best album since "All Night Long", maybe even since "Coming Home".

The happy I am about this great music the sad it makes me that it's only lossy mp3s just yet.
I will wait for the CD to come out as I sit here in Germany and cannot buy from the US iTunes anyway.
And I want to know who is in the band.
The sad thing about iTunes is that they sell mp3s and don't have any info on who the musicians are. I probably would be their customer if they sold lossless *.flac files or CD burning image files *.iso with album artwork and liner notes in *.pdf format instead of compressed, lossy *.mp3 files which are just the technical standard of 1999.

I have also sent out a message to Billy's myspace page asking for a CD release or at least a CD-R mailorder just so I can listen to this great music in all its lossless glory.

edit: this is probably Billy's best album ever.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwebster View Post
I will wait for the CD to come out as I sit here in Germany and cannot buy from the US iTunes anyway.
I'm in Australia and can't officially buy from US iTunes either but as I have discovered there are ways around that
Old 06-30-2011, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking of those ways unfortunately won't motivate Billy to release it on CD. And I want those songs in lossless sound quality. Mp3 is so yesterday's technology sound-wise.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwebster View Post
Mp3 is so yesterday's technology sound-wise.
CDs are so yesterdays technology too. I admit that mp3 isn't the best format for those of you who want brilliant sound quality. For me and my iPod classic and my little $99 CD player, I'm just happy to hear a brilliant new album by Mr Burnette.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Billy just told me over at Facebook that the physical CD's would be available next week, and that he'd have the street team send me one!!!!
Old 08-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just received a signed copy of RN'RWI and am currently listening to it. I'm at Only The River Knows at the moment. I have to say Billy's voice sounds as good as it ever has, maybe better than it's ever been. I know a lot of people like to say that about artists, but it really holds true in this case.

Matt
Old 08-05-2011, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have to admit, of all the solo work of current/former members of Fleetwood Mac, it's Billy's work that I'm most lacking. I only have Coming Home and the Beka duet album on CD, and a vinyl version of Try Me. His CDs are very limited, and rarely ever appear in the cut-out bins.

I'm really surprised to see how prolific he is: Over 1o solo albums, and lots of collaborations, singles, soundtracks etc..

It's funny/strange how people discuss other more popular artists like Stevie Nicks, regarding whether she should put out new albums, speaking in terms of sales speculations. Yet, artists like Billy--who sell to a much more limited market-- manage to put out significantly more albums. Go figure.

I think I'm ready now, after beefing up my Rick Vito collection, to begin beefing up my Billy Burnette! I suppose I can buy a significant number of CDs at reasonable prices on various websites.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^If you've got Bekka and Billy, Coming Home and Try Me, I'd say that's a pretty great start. Unfortunately, you may have a tough time finding the rest of his older catalog on CD.

Of course, if you ask nicely some fans may be able to help you out.
Also if you browse my site you'll find MP3s of most of the songs from soundtracks/compilations, singles, some songs he recorded as a child, a few outtakes/demos, as well as a select few songs from each of his various albums.

Last edited by Miss Vicky; 08-06-2011 at 05:31 AM..
Old 08-06-2011, 09:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky View Post
^If you've got Bekka and Billy, Coming Home and Try Me, I'd say that's a pretty great start. Unfortunately, you may have a tough time finding the rest of his older catalog on CD.

Of course, if you ask nicely some fans may be able to help you out.
Also if you browse my site you'll find MP3s of most of the songs from soundtracks/compilations, singles, some songs he recorded as a child, a few outtakes/demos, as well as a select few songs from each of his various albums.
Yep you can't buy most of the old ones - pretty much anything before Coming Home isn't available and even Coming Home is now deleted I think.

I managed to buy my Billy Cds from someone who was selling pirate ones (although fairly well produced) a few years back. He emailed me and said "Hey wanna buy six BB albums?" and I parted with a couple of hundred bucks for them. I have posted them up on this site a while back and they are well worth downloading and listening to.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post

I think I'm ready now, after beefing up my Rick Vito collection, to begin beefing up my Billy Burnette! I suppose I can buy a significant number of CDs at reasonable prices on various websites.
Oh and forgot to say - can we interest you in Bob Brunning's work outside of FM?
Old 09-04-2011, 02:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Billy Burnett and John Holk
Written on September 3, 2011 by powerpopaholic in emerging artists, Highly Recommended by Powerpopaholic, Power Pop Review
http://www.powerpopaholic.com/2011/0...john-holk.html

Billy Burnette “Rock and Roll With It”

Burnette has a long and proud history in rock and roll. And I’d be shocked if anyone else short of Brian Setzer can play Rockabilly better, as Billy’s dad helped invent the genre. He’s played with rock legends Fleetwood Mac, Rod Stewart, Ray Charles, Roy Orbison, Jerry Lee Lewis, and many more. The title track of the new album “Rock and Roll With It” is a bona-fide classic with a catchy rhythm that doesn’t quit. “My Love Will Not Change” is an uptempo country rocker that has a highly polished sound that will impress the most jaded critic. “Beautiful Distraction” is a honky tonk theme suitable for the NFL or NASCAR and each following track is solid twang-fest thereafter. “I really felt like it was time. I really like this music. I didn’t get into my dad’s whole Rockabilly thing until after he died.” Burnette says, and we’re all the better he’s carrying on the family business. One listen to the autobiographical “Hot Rod Billy” and you’ll be shakin’ all the way home.

Score: 8
Old 09-05-2011, 02:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just ordered the physical version of the "Rock N Roll With It" album from Billy's website. It's only the 2nd time I ordered an album of his over the web. The other was "All Night Long" which I got from the shop of The Penguin website about 10 years ago. That was a great shop. I've been importing CDs via the internet quite frequently since about 2000 and The Penguin shop held my personal record for fastest delivery from the US to my place in Germany for quite a while. Thanks again to those people for the great service back in the day (if they read here).

By the way, I'd highly recommend "All Night Long" on pure songcraft alone. And the playing and singing are top notch, too.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Billy Burnett and John Holk
Written on September 3, 2011 by powerpopaholic in emerging artists, Highly Recommended by Powerpopaholic, Power Pop Review
http://www.powerpopaholic.com/2011/0...john-holk.html

Billy Burnette “Rock and Roll With It”

Burnette has a long and proud history in rock and roll. And I’d be shocked if anyone else short of Brian Setzer can play Rockabilly better, as Billy’s dad helped invent the genre. He’s played with rock legends Fleetwood Mac, Rod Stewart, Ray Charles, Roy Orbison, Jerry Lee Lewis, and many more. The title track of the new album “Rock and Roll With It” is a bona-fide classic with a catchy rhythm that doesn’t quit. “My Love Will Not Change” is an uptempo country rocker that has a highly polished sound that will impress the most jaded critic. “Beautiful Distraction” is a honky tonk theme suitable for the NFL or NASCAR and each following track is solid twang-fest thereafter. “I really felt like it was time. I really like this music. I didn’t get into my dad’s whole Rockabilly thing until after he died.” Burnette says, and we’re all the better he’s carrying on the family business. One listen to the autobiographical “Hot Rod Billy” and you’ll be shakin’ all the way home.

Score: 8
Only an 8? Unless it was out of 8 of course!