User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by studyinscarlet View Post
Joe talking about how RnR is dying and the digital is ruining it. Didn't Stevie say she broke up with him because she wanted to go to a Halloween party and he was busy with his computers and wouldn't go? And he'd showed her earlier how the computer can replace instruments and such and she thought that he could replace her as well.
I agree and disagree . RnR is dying.Plus computers are replacing musicians and instruments.Replacing intrument with keyboard synth has been going on way before computers and the internet.

Hum maybe that one of the reasons Stevie's not fond with computers.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-07-2012, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by studyinscarlet View Post
Joe talking about how RnR is dying and the digital is ruining it. Didn't Stevie say she broke up with him because she wanted to go to a Halloween party and he was busy with his computers and wouldn't go? And he'd showed her earlier how the computer can replace instruments and such and she thought that he could replace her as well.
She did. She even wrote a song about it - 'Computer Baby'

"You had no time for your lady
You had no time for your love
So you bought her a computer baby...."
Old 06-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
John had a girlfriend after he broke up with Chris. I don't know what her name was. Let's say Sally. So, in the studio he went over to Christine and complained because he was jealous of Christine dating other men while he was around and Christine said he no right to be jealous, since he was going to steady with Sally. Sally was in the room at the time and John blurted out to Christine, "But Sally means nothing to me." So, of course, that didn't sit well with Sally, who made a quick exit. John had to patch things up with her later, according to Ken.

Michele

Thank you Michelle. I also wonder about John. I wonder about his second wife Julie, and how easy or hard it was to marry her. Chris was obviously his true love, but did he get over it, or move on...really?
Old 06-07-2012, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLight77 View Post
Thank you Michelle. I also wonder about John. I wonder about his second wife Julie, and how easy or hard it was to marry her. Chris was obviously his true love, but did he get over it, or move on...really?
Hm, I don't know. He's been with Julie for around 30 years--that's no small achievement.
I don't think we know enough about John's feelings to say one way or the other.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You know, my favorite part of the Best Buy cds is John talking about his daughter and how when she performed Rhiannon she did the looong version. That cracked me up. What little girl is not going to go for the long version?

He said his "girls" would travel on tour with him when he went to New York and the big cities, but for some reason, they didn't want to go with him to the podunk towns.

Michele
Old 06-08-2012, 08:44 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
She did. She even wrote a song about it - 'Computer Baby'

"You had no time for your lady
You had no time for your love
So you bought her a computer baby...."
'Computer Baby' ? Huh, wonder if that will ever be recorded.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by txknight80 View Post
'Computer Baby' ? Huh, wonder if that will ever be recorded.
With lyrics that dreadful, let's hope not.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
John had a girlfriend after he broke up with Chris. I don't know what her name was. Let's say Sally. So, in the studio he went over to Christine and complained because he was jealous of Christine dating other men while he was around and Christine said he no right to be jealous, since he was going to steady with Sally. Sally was in the room at the time and John blurted out to Christine, "But Sally means nothing to me." So, of course, that didn't sit well with Sally, who made a quick exit. John had to patch things up with her later, according to Ken.

Michele
And it was Christine who went after her (her name was actually Sandra) to comfort her. Later, in Ken's book he says Sandra was living in Christine's house.

I always suspected Christine was happy to see him dating other people and to encourage his new relationships because it helped him move on which probably made her feel better too.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question Stevie and Joe

I read in another thread that Joe Walsh called Stevie a "road f**k" in an interview. Exactly what interview was this statement made (written or verbal interview) by Joe himself? I looked for it online but was unable to find it.In fact I heard Howard Stern interview Joe,and when Howard pushed really hard to get more info on Stevie,Joe just said that she was "special".I was surprised to hear that after the alleged "road f**k" comment.
Old 10-16-2015, 03:37 AM
Junior Ledgie

Hey hello! I'm kinda new & never too sure about posting, as opposed to reading, but I have to say a couple of things.
1) James Taylor is a p****k if he actually wouldn't let his daughter's mother inside his home to use the restroom when they were gathered there for her wedding! He made her use the Port A Potty?! That's stunningly rude. Was he afraid she would steal his Hummel collection or something? Geez.
2) He may be smart- or not- but Joe sounds like a half wit. He sounds like the love child of Spicolli from Fast Times At Ridgemont High & Kato Kaelin. And, I assume, some woman would be in that equation as well, because- uterus.
That's it. I'll try being quiet. I do love reading all your great and diverse input.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I like how this thread has been revived after three years of dormancy. Howard Stern is an amazing interviewer, and this clip with Joe Walsh is a good example. He is peerless in his ability to dig in and pose questions most interviewers would be fearful or never think to ask. He does it in such a conversational manner that most people open up and reveal very personal information

His interview with Maureen McCormick aka Marsha from the Brady Bunch comes to mind as an example. I think it's on YouTube. It was from some years ago. She was a Howard Stern listener, so she knew what to expect. She was so open, honest and matter of fact with her answers, it was very astonishing.

Joe Walsh is quite a character. His relationship with Stevie was situational and circumstantial, and was never destined to go anywhere. When Stevie proclaimed he was the love of her life, she's referencing a brief time when they were touring together and found support for each other. Both were vulnerable and at the pinnacle of their cocaine habits. It's typical for Stevie to romanticize the past, and make grand statements.

It's unfortunate to hear that John Taylor is a bit of a prick, but I'm not startled by that revelation. I still like his music. Carly Simon seems to a be a really cool lady. Her song "You're So Vain" is brilliant, and one of my favorite songs. Any time I have visited Martha's Vineyard, I'd hope to run into her. She's lived there a long time, likely in a secluded estate. That island is it's own exclusive world.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 10-16-2015 at 07:18 PM..
Old 10-17-2015, 09:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

This Joe Walsh line about a road f*** is sort of an urban legend. Joe Walsh has appeared on Howard Stern for 25 years. He never talked about Stevie until recently when he was sober. Joe has said some crazy stuff about Stevie on other shows. I would love if anyone can truly point to the source of this infamous line. I have never heard Joe say that on Howard Stern.
I did hear Joe say crazy stuff about Stevie on Rock line in 1990 but it was not that infamous line.
Don Henley was much worse to Stevie outing her about her abortion as early as the late 80's. There used to be a Stevie interview on youtube from 1991 where Stevie said Don's outing let her talk about it.
Old 10-17-2015, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Don Henley was much worse to Stevie outing her about her abortion as early as the late 80's. There used to be a Stevie interview on youtube from 1991 where Stevie said Don's outing let her talk about it.
The Mary Turner Off the Record for Street Angel?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-17-2015, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
This Joe Walsh line about a road f*** is sort of an urban legend. Joe Walsh has appeared on Howard Stern for 25 years. He never talked about Stevie until recently when he was sober. Joe has said some crazy stuff about Stevie on other shows. I would love if anyone can truly point to the source of this infamous line. I have never heard Joe say that on Howard Stern.
I did hear Joe say crazy stuff about Stevie on Rock line in 1990 but it was not that infamous line.
It is not a legend, once I even found a tape online but I hadn't found it since then. It was a 90s interview and he sounded quite drunk if not more.
Old 10-17-2015, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
The Mary Turner Off the Record for Street Angel?
No. Mary Turner would never ask such things. This was from Stevie's dark klonopin years from 1991 where she was too zonked out to probably care what she was saying. This clip was removed from youtube but it was a little known 1991 interview from a British interviewer I believe. Besides her talking about Don Henley outing her about the abortion she also really opened up about Kris Anderson. How she became afraid of him, etc. The first part of the interview is still on youtube and I will look for it and post it. Stevie is pissed at Mick and she spews venom.

Edit:
Here is part 3 of the interview where Stevie talks about Joe. She says she may have given up her career for him. Part 1 is her bashing Mick LOL Part 3 is about her love of Joe Walsh. Part 2 was removed from youtube and has the good stuff in it

Joe Walsh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6UV6pHyqH8

Battling Mick and leaving Fleetwood Mac
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lreWXEPQzCM

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-17-2015 at 02:26 PM..