The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-03-2018, 08:47 PM
Ledgie

Angry The family is breaking up :( and afraid to post. Let me teach you about real reality.

I've been a member here forever...had to rejoin at one point..but I remember when I got my first computer back in 98? I remember my dreams had finally came true of finding crazy fans like me all of this "internet" thingy.

I was on this site when it was a small site known for it's gallery of pictures and news more than anything. Then I found out what message boards were lol ...Hey I was late to this world I was marrying my Jr. High sweetheart from 86 and having kids and jobs.

But I have loved this band since my dad would play the good ole 8-tracks in USS Chrysler boat of a car we had. So anyway, I know there are Stevie haters, Mick haters, Lindsey haters etc....but I can't believe as a group that loves this band and music as much as we all must (or we wouldn't care this much) has just turned on each other. There is already so much of this in this world...and the reason I love music is because of the unity it brings us, old,young,rich,poor every color it doesn't matter. But now If I dare like a member you don't I will get pounced on what you are assuming because you "know how a member is". I will say I can see Mick wanting to tour thats all he knows and THAT'S HOW HE MAKES HIS MONEY. But if anyone thinks Stevie Nicks NEEDS to tour must not go look at what she is worth or Forbes. That girl could of stopped working after the Dixie Chics.

I wasn't on then and don't know if this was here but was everyone (not everyone) but most so hateful and mad when Lindsey left, when the tour was booked??? Did you all throw a fit? Did you blame Lindsey or Stevie? When Stevie and Chris left did you all have a meltdown? Was it as hateful as this. Did you hope the band failed????

I never understood that logic of people, when a band changes their sound or looks you wish ill will on them? That's a sad state to be in. The band you LOVE will never come back and if thats fine with you then leave the boards? Or burn their records or better yet don't buy a ticket. But this hatefulness to each other and the band members, do you think they care? Lindsey and Stevie I believe had made some kind of piece I don't believe Stevie went to Mick with her VOODOO doll begging to get him kicked out of the band. He is her muse and HE HAS SAID THE MUSIC HE STILL WRITES IS ABOUT HER. (Dan Rather) so it's okay for him to still write mushy love songs for her (being married) but God Forbid she still has that love that got away. Yes I do think it is sad not to have Lindsey, but Lindsey has always been a wild bird. He has so many years of being tied down then he gets ancey. I don't think that's Stevie's fault.
If you listened to her reasoning about wanting to tour can you be mad at her? she gave up having kids getting married, to do this. She has had some close people just DIE, (if she wants to talk about it turn down your hearing and let her talk). Maybe she has had a coming to Jesus moment and is scared to stop.
I don't know who is right, who did what but neither do you. We can say we hate it, it sucks, I don't think it will be good yada yada but the hate is crazy.

I was broken hearted to find out about Lindsey, but I know he will be okay. I was happy for Mike Campbell because he lost his band soulmate. So now I think he will be okay. This is probably going to give Neil Finn an experience he's never had, if fans show up. If I could afford to go I would go to as many as I could.

But to put things in priority, Fleetwood will becoming to Indy on Oct. 16. That is the birthday of my late husband of 26 years who just committed suicide. We were together since we were 13/14 our first FM album together was Tango in the Night. We were together a total of 34 years never breaking up. I'm in the final stages of getting my daughter graduated from HS and starting Purdue in the fall. You want to talk real life and problems like I'm sure a lot of people here have.

So yes these are boards and yes opinion away banter, I'd love for someone to come up with the real reason this all happened good or bad. But for the love of God there are people on the other side of the screen. Take Care. and before you blast me please take in consideration....

Last edited by BellaSoprano71; 05-03-2018 at 08:50 PM..
Old 05-03-2018, 08:51 PM
Ledgie

Angry The family is breaking up :( and afraid to post. Let me teach you about real reality.

I've been a member here forever...had to rejoin at one point..but I remember when I got my first computer back in 98? I remember my dreams had finally came true of finding crazy fans like me all of this "internet" thingy.

I was on this site when it was a small site known for it's gallery of pictures and news more than anything. Then I found out what message boards were lol ...Hey I was late to this world I was marrying my Jr. High sweetheart from 86 and having kids and jobs.

But I have loved this band since my dad would play the good ole 8-tracks in USS Chrysler boat of a car we had. So anyway, I know there are Stevie haters, Mick haters, Lindsey haters etc....but I can't believe as a group that loves this band and music as much as we all must (or we wouldn't care this much) has just turned on each other. There is already so much of this in this world...and the reason I love music is because of the unity it brings us, old,young,rich,poor every color it doesn't matter. But now If I dare like a member you don't I will get pounced on what you are assuming because you "know how a member is". I will say I can see Mick wanting to tour thats all he knows and THAT'S HOW HE MAKES HIS MONEY. But if anyone thinks Stevie Nicks NEEDS to tour must not go look at what she is worth or Forbes. That girl could of stopped working after the Dixie Chics.

I wasn't on then and don't know if this was here but was everyone (not everyone) but most so hateful and mad when Lindsey left, when the tour was booked??? Did you all throw a fit? Did you blame Lindsey or Stevie? When Stevie and Chris left did you all have a meltdown? Was it as hateful as this. Did you hope the band failed????

I never understood that logic of people, when a band changes their sound or looks you wish ill will on them? That's a sad state to be in. The band you LOVE will never come back and if thats fine with you then leave the boards? Or burn their records or better yet don't buy a ticket. But this hatefulness to each other and the band members, do you think they care? Lindsey and Stevie I believe had made some kind of piece I don't believe Stevie went to Mick with her VOODOO doll begging to get him kicked out of the band. He is her muse and HE HAS SAID THE MUSIC HE STILL WRITES IS ABOUT HER. (Dan Rather) so it's okay for him to still write mushy love songs for her (being married) but God Forbid she still has that love that got away. Yes I do think it is sad not to have Lindsey, but Lindsey has always been a wild bird. He has so many years of being tied down then he gets ancey. I don't think that's Stevie's fault.
If you listened to her reasoning about wanting to tour can you be mad at her? she gave up having kids getting married, to do this. She has had some close people just DIE, (if she wants to talk about it turn down your hearing and let her talk). Maybe she has had a coming to Jesus moment and is scared to stop.
I don't know who is right, who did what but neither do you. We can say we hate it, it sucks, I don't think it will be good yada yada but the hate is crazy.

I was broken hearted to find out about Lindsey, but I know he will be okay. I was happy for Mike Campbell because he lost his band soulmate. So now I think he will be okay. This is probably going to give Neil Finn an experience he's never had, if fans show up. If I could afford to go I would go to as many as I could.

But to put things in priority, Fleetwood will becoming to Indy on Oct. 16. That is the birthday of my late husband of 26 years who just committed suicide. We were together since we were 13/14 our first FM album together was Tango in the Night. We were together a total of 34 years never breaking up. I'm in the final stages of getting my daughter graduated from HS and starting Purdue in the fall. You want to talk real life and problems like I'm sure a lot of people here have.

So yes these are boards and yes opinion away banter, I'd love for someone to come up with the real reason this all happened good or bad. But for the love of God there are people on the other side of the screen. Take Care. and before you blast me please take in consideration....
Old 05-03-2018, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

WOW! Congratulations, you just said exactly what Ive been thinking but much more eloquently then I couldve put it.

The part Ive been starting to post about but then dont because I cant figure out how to word it, is that people are treating all the people around her dying as not an excuse or something to make fun of her for milking too much. Ive never. Tom Petty was freaking shocking too. I didnt know him personally and I was upset for days over that. The fact she sort of gets to keep him alive on stage with Mike and maybe singing a few of his songs as a tribute might be cathartic for both stevie and mike and for their fans. If that was her reasoning for this then I support her 100 percent .

He Will Burn You Down
Old 05-03-2018, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And Im very sorry about your husband by the way.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 05-03-2018, 10:16 PM
Ledgie

Thank you sweetie....I didn't mean it to be about that...I just wanted to show everyone... we can all agree to disagree without so much meanness I guess....
Old 05-03-2018, 10:17 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
WOW! Congratulations, you just said exactly what Ive been thinking but much more eloquently then I couldve put it.

The part Ive been starting to post about but then dont because I cant figure out how to word it, is that people are treating all the people around her dying as not an excuse or something to make fun of her for milking too much. Ive never. Tom Petty was freaking shocking too. I didnt know him personally and I was upset for days over that. The fact she sort of gets to keep him alive on stage with Mike and maybe singing a few of his songs as a tribute might be cathartic for both stevie and mike and for their fans. If that was her reasoning for this then I support her 100 percent .
Thank you and yes I agree with you totally.....
Old 05-03-2018, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSoprano71 View Post

Wow, so sorry for your loss.

I completely agree that a lot of people have lost perspective. The age of social media seems to have caused people to feed into their anger and disappointment, and be happy living in a constant state of negtive energy and trumped up outrage. It becomes a bubble for them.

I start chemo on Monday for something not cancer. Its still chemo. So, Lindsey getting sacked isnt that big a deal to me. He just sold a house for $19 million. Hes going to be fine. The band got two guys who arent embarrassments. Theyll be fine.

There are bigger things in life a lot of us are dealing with. It used to be that coming on here was a way to escape from lifes troubles and talk about something fairly meaningless. Now, its almost as depressing as dealing with the real issues.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-03-2018, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm sorry for your loss, but to be honest this is a forum about the band. It's not about our other problems in life. I have people very sick in my family, but you know what? I'm still pissed about LB being fired. That isn't going to change because other things are going on in my world. If anything it's an escape from the bad stuff going on in our lives and I'm sorry but I have a right to be pissed right now. Again sorry for your loss.
Old 05-03-2018, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I'm sorry for your loss, but to be honest this is a forum about the band. It's not about our other problems in life. I have people very sick in my family, but you know what? I'm still pissed about LB being fired. That isn't going to change because other things are going on in my world. If anything it's an escape from the bad stuff going on in our lives and I'm sorry but I have a right to be pissed right now. Again sorry for your loss.
Fine. Be negative energy. Stomp on everyone elses buzz because you have nothing better to do. You are pathetic.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-03-2018, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Terribly sorry for your loss. I don't think anyone here would claim Lindsey's firing is on the same level as that kind of tragedy.

But I don't need to be "taught" about "real reality." I could start telling you about my personal problems to prove that I understand suffering but in the end, none of that is relevant to what we're talking about here.

What we're talking about here is the fact that my favorite band has been blown apart by Lindsey's firing. I'm heartbroken by it. I have every right to be. Period.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Fine. Be negative energy. Stomp on everyone else’s buzz because you have nothing better to do. You are pathetic.

First of all DO NOT call me pathetic. Secondly this is not everyone else's buzz. Many of us are not happy about this firing. Do you expect us to just repress our feelings and whistle a happy tune? Not going to happen. And BTW I wont bore you with the tragedy I have been through in my life, because it would make your head spin, but let's just say I know about tragedy, but that won't stop me from feeling this way about the current state of FM.

Last edited by secondhandchain; 05-03-2018 at 11:45 PM..
Old 05-03-2018, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

First of all, BellaSoprano, sincere condolences and wishes of strength and courage as you have to somehow find it in you to carry on after your loss and be the mom your daughter needs you to be.

To all of us, with the losses, struggles and hardships that we daily face, I wish the very same strength and courage for all of us.

But this little slice of the world, The Ledge, is a place to come and think about something else for a while, this silly band a lot of us have had innerwoven through a lot of our lifetime, and it's perfectly alright in my book, to venture our opinions here and meet and discuss them. We wouldn't if they didn't matter to us, but they do, and here we are.

Personally, I cannot be fighting for a better world every minute of every day, and this here is part of my diversions and relaxing and thinking and talking about something that, hurray, doesn't matter so much in the grand scheme of things. It's nice!

So, I'll carry on over here, discussing and opining. I don't begrudge people reading about the Kardashians either or watching silly t.v. It's good to have diversions from the heavy things so we can take a break and be a bit refreshed when we have to return to facing them.

Peace.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
First of all, BellaSoprano, sincere condolences and wishes of strength and courage as you have to somehow find it in you to carry on after your loss and be the mom your daughter needs you to be.

To all of us, with the losses, struggles and hardships that we daily face, I wish the very same strength and courage for all of us.

But this little slice of the world, The Ledge, is a place to come and think about something else for a while, this silly band a lot of us have had innerwoven through a lot of our lifetime, and it's perfectly alright in my book, to venture our opinions here and meet and discuss them. We wouldn't if they didn't matter to us, but they do, and here we are.

Personally, I cannot be fighting for a better world every minute of every day, and this here is part of my diversions and relaxing and thinking and talking about something that, hurray, doesn't matter so much in the grand scheme of things. It's nice!

So, I'll carry on over here, discussing and opining. I don't begrudge people reading about the Kardashians either or watching silly t.v. It's good to have diversions from the heavy things so we can take a break and be a bit refreshed when we have to return to facing them.

Peace.
Nicely said.

BellaSoprano, I am sorry to hear about your loss. Losing a loved one is always a terrible shock and hard to come to grips with. I hope you are finding the help and support in your life outside this forum to help you cope with your grief.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 05-03-2018 at 11:45 PM..
Old 05-03-2018, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A lot of us replied to your same post in the Rumours forum, BellaSoprano.

Peace, dear, as you are having to cope with so much right now.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
First of all DO NOT call me pathetic.
Why not? I'm sorry but I have a right to call out something the way I see it.

THE Stephen Hopkins