Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-04-2013, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mick on Clinton (Full Audio Interview 10/13

[Christine always took an agnostic stance. When she talked about it, she never indicated that she supported Clinton -- not that she was voting anyway, but she never said that publicly.]

Express By: Kirsty McCormack Published: Fri, October 4, 2013

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbi...ction-campaign

Mick Fleetwood 'Clinton never asked if he could use Don't Stop for his election campaign'

FORMER US President Bill Clinton never asked Fleetwood Mac if he could use one of their songs for his election campaign, it's been revealed.

Dtummer and co-founder of the band, Mick Fleetwood, has admitted that the group never received a call from Clinton regarding the use of their hit 'Don't Stop,' but that they actually didn't mind that he had chosen it.

"I think we were fine with it," the 66-year-old star told Absolute radio in an exclusive interview. "The only person who, in a comedic sense, John is not politically connected to Bill’s side of the fence, everyone else happened to be a supporter of the Democratic party to whatever avail that might be. It was a form of flattery, the highest form."

Fleetwood Mac are currently in Europe on their world tour, and last week played several nights at London's O2 Arena.

The group are clearly loving being back on stage together, and last Friday were joined onstage by former band member Christine McVie - who actually wrote 'Don't Stop' - but Mick isn't entirely sure when a new album will be on the cards.

"I think it is too early to say that is what is happening," he told the radio station. "Do I aspire, and I can speak on behalf of Lindsey who truly aspires to the dream of, I think it would be a really lovely.

"This door is closing at some point. I don’t know whether it is five years or seven years or it could be eighteen months, but I hope that whenever that happens that it is done gracefully, and I hope that we show people, not for commercial needs at all, because it is not about and we probably wouldn’t anyhow, but just the fact that we have made an album I think would be really important before the thought of closing the shop down, whenever that might be.

"I aspire to that, and I applaud the thought of that happening," he added.

Listen to the full interview on Absolute Radio’s Sunday Night Music Club on October 13 from 10pm here.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick has a lovely speaking voice; it is rich and mellifluous. However, when you see the words he says written down, you realise that he quite often mangles sentences or simply leaves them unfinished before starting a new one. I think Stevie is similar. Compare and contrast this with Lindsey, who crafts a sentence deliberately and tortuously. I don't know which is worse.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
Mick has a lovely speaking voice; it is rich and mellifluous. However, when you see the words he says written down, you realise that he quite often mangles sentences or simply leaves them unfinished before starting a new one. I think Stevie is similar. Compare and contrast this with Lindsey, who crafts a sentence deliberately and tortuously. I don't know which is worse.
Then you have John (the rare times he speaks) and Christine, the most articulate ones in the bunch.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie

Last edited by applebucked; 10-05-2013 at 06:55 AM..
Old 10-05-2013, 07:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
Then you have John (the rare times he speaks) and Christine, the most articulate ones in the bunch.
John pauses a lot. Christine seems direct and blunt. I like.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
John pauses a lot. Christine seems direct and blunt. I like.
Well that's true about John. But at least his message come across clearly most of the time.

and what else do you expect from a lady who can tell you what a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing that day?

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 10-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
"This door is closing at some point. I don’t know whether it is five years or seven years or it could be eighteen months, but I hope that whenever that happens that it is done gracefully, and I hope that we show people, not for commercial needs at all, because it is not about and we probably wouldn’t anyhow, but just the fact that we have made an album I think would be really important before the thought of closing the shop down, whenever that might be.
18 months? Boy that was a random, strange number to throw in there.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Love this comment!
Old 10-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Yes, it is oddly specific.

(Although, "oddly specific" seems to be a recurring theme in Mac-speak, so I'm hesitant to get my hopes up about it meaning something.)
Old 10-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
You're right. Like he knew something, we don't.

I don't know we never make an album again, or we may do it in 27 months.

Michele
Old 10-05-2013, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post

(Although, "oddly specific" seems to be a recurring theme in Mac-speak, so I'm hesitant to get my hopes up about it meaning something.)
Stevie really likes to be specific -- even if she's specifically wrong. She loves to tell you days and time. Actually, she likes those even better than years.

Michele
Old 10-05-2013, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
However, when you see the words he says written down, you realise that he quite often mangles sentences or simply leaves them unfinished before starting a new one.
I also truly aspire to the dream of

Michele
Old 10-05-2013, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The clue regarding 18 months is that seems to be the standard amount of time it takes a Fleetwood Mac album to materialize from start to completion. So in other words, he's saying they could go into the studio tomorrow, or it could be several years from now. I wouldn't read too much into Mick's comment.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
The clue regarding 18 months is that seems to be the standard amount of time it takes a Fleetwood Mac album to materialize from start to completion.
I'm not seeing how you figure. SYW didn't take 18 months. In fact I don't know any album that took 18 months. If he'd said 13 months, then maybe I'd agree with you that he might have been talking about album production. Not that they do Tusk albums any longer.

Michele
Old 10-05-2013, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not seeing how you figure. SYW didn't take 18 months. In fact I don't know any album that took 18 months. If he'd said 13 months, then maybe I'd agree with you that he might have been talking about album production. Not that they do Tusk albums any longer.

Michele
But it did take roughly 18 months for Say You Will to emerge. We found out about Fleetwood Mac being in the studio during the second half of 2001. Say You Will didn't emerge until April 2003. Obviously, they weren't in the studio that entire time. However, even if Fleetwood Mac went straight into the studio in January, my guess is there would be pretty much no chance of us having out hands on an album until sometime in 2015.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You're right. Like he knew something, we don't.

I don't know we never make an album again, or we may do it in 27 months.

Michele
Well 18 months is a year and a half. It's not the most random period of time he could throw out there.