User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-17-2013, 03:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
so would that be Rhiannon or Sisters of the Moon, was there another song they did about a witch?
Three Birds of Rhiannon?

Well, the idea that she and Lindsey are working on something (or were at the time) keeps me hoping for that FM album.

As for her appearing on the show, doing Chris Isaak is one thing, but American Horror Story show is dark, lurid and gruesome in so many ways. It certainly can have a fun side, but figure in the layers of shock value and I just can't imagine Stevie appearing on it.

Michele
Old 10-17-2013, 03:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Three Birds of Rhiannon?
Or what about the demo Melacine/The Witch/Water Witch?

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 10-17-2013, 09:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMc1990 View Post
Another interview with Ryan Murphy talking about Stevie's influence on the show:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/17/am...phy-boy-parts/

"I called Stevie Nicks and first I said, “I want to use you in the show.” But she was very resistant because from the beginning of her career people who are in the Wiccan community had given her a hard time thinking she was a witch and she got a lot of scary fan letters. She didn’t like the darkness of that, and I explained to her the part and she’s like, “Aw f—, let’s just do it. OK, I love it.” She’s not a witch, but she has an attraction to those mystical creatures because they’re fun to write about. So she gave me the rights to her music and she and Lindsay Buckingham are working on a special sort of redo of a song they did about a witch."

^^I wonder what this means!?
If I were to bet money I would say it was just simply her way of talking about doing Sisters of the Moon live for the first time "since 1979"
Old 10-17-2013, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"Melacine was insane," they said....they burned your body any they wished you dead. "You're a witch!" they cried...they feared the silence in her cat-green eyes.

!!!!

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 10-17-2013, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
If I were to bet money I would say it was just simply her way of talking about doing Sisters of the Moon live for the first time "since 1979"
You're probably right on the money. Although I wish it were something for recording purposes.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Where the **** have you been???
Still here honey

*** Yes, I know , you weren't asking me **
Old 10-17-2013, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
You're probably right... though Sisters isn't about a witch at all. It's about Stevie's coming to grips with fame.

I don't know about y'all, but I seriously hope they pull out a couple of surprise songs. Edge & Rhiannon? Yawn.

Oh, and regarding Stevie showing up on the show herself... I kinda hope that doesn't happen. It would spoil the atmosphere of her being this elusive higher being. Plus, Stevie's a HORRIBLE actor... just look at her appearances on Up All Night & the Chris Isaak Show.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post

Oh, and regarding Stevie showing up on the show herself... I kinda hope that doesn't happen. It would spoil the atmosphere of her being this elusive higher being. Plus, Stevie's a HORRIBLE actor... just look at her appearances on Up All Night & the Chris Isaak Show.
Wasn't she essentially playing herself on those showsStevie knows she is a terrible actor she admitted it herself as far back as the Bella Donna era when she still being offered roles in films.John Carpenter wanted her for the original version of The Fog even naming Adrienne Barbeau's character Stevie in the film when he couldn't get her.

Old 10-17-2013, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Wasn't she essentially playing herself on those shows
She was playing herself, but it's still acting. You still need to appear natural in a completely artificial situation. And she was completely unsuccessful at that on both occasions. So she was right on the money in 1981 when she said she couldn't act. And for an earnest and high-calibre show like AHS it would just be really glaring. I'm sure everyone would recognize that though, and a Stevie appearance would never actually happen. I really like her being featured in the way that she is at the moment, though. I'll have to watch this season when I get back home.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
John Carpenter wanted her for the original version of The Fog even naming Adrienne Barbeau's character Stevie in the film when he couldn't get her.
I don't doubt the name "Stevie Wayne" was inspired by Stevie Nicks, but I seriously doubt John Carpenter was trying to get Stevie for the film. I've never heard that story before! If he was, he sure did dodge a bullet because she's right, she can't act. I think the fact that she is so stiff when she's playing herself is proof of that.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleshadow View Post
I don't doubt the name "Stevie Wayne" was inspired by Stevie Nicks, but I seriously doubt John Carpenter was trying to get Stevie for the film. I've never heard that story before! If he was, he sure did dodge a bullet because she's right, she can't act. I think the fact that she is so stiff when she's playing herself is proof of that.
I'm 51 and was around then in real time and devouring every word about Stevie that I could find.He actually did want her for the DJ in the film ..it would have been a real coup at that time as she was a huge sex symbol.I'm sure if she had acquiesced and done a screen test he would have quickly changed his mind.

Old 10-17-2013, 03:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

Oh when I quoted that part of the article, I assumed Ryan Murphy meant she and Lindsay were recording a new song (or new version of an old song, rather) to be used in the show.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleshadow View Post
The Wayne part was inspired by John Wayne, because I asked Adrienne Barbeaux about it at a horror convention.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
You're probably right... though Sisters isn't about a witch at all. It's about Stevie's coming to grips with fame.

I don't know about y'all, but I seriously hope they pull out a couple of surprise songs. Edge & Rhiannon? Yawn.

Only in some secret code. Then the lyrics don't match the meaning. BS

It would be neat if pictures of Stevie come alive or something and she rescues another witch at the end.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
The Wayne part was inspired by John Wayne, because I asked Adrienne Barbeaux about it at a horror convention.
A sexy female rock DJ in a fog shrouded lighthouse was inspired by John Wayne?Are you sure she didn't mean Bruce Wayne? that would have been more believeable.

Last edited by BombaySapphire3; 10-17-2013 at 03:50 PM..