User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-31-2013, 06:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'msoAfraid95 View Post
Umm probably 1975/ 76 right before Rhiannon was released. Man, to be a fly on the window of that car! Could you imagine the buzz on this board?

Stevie:" Chris, you're too tall. Move your head so I can see"
"John remove your hat. I want to see that beautiful long gray/white hair of yours"
John, please let me pick out your clothes from now on

John and Chris: "Please Stevie, hush!"

a few minutes later

Stevie:" Are we there yet? You can't trust these GPS thingies
Chris please rejoin the band. I hate being in this boys club.
John I'll hold your hand if you're scared."

John: "Stevie, please shut up"

And on and on and on......
Stevie: "You know there's episode of Game of Thrones where-- oh, look at those penguins on that billboard, John!"
John: (to Chris) "told you bringing her is a bad idea"
Stevie: Hey, John, penguins.
Christine: *to herself, out loud* "God, if only I could have just one drink right now..."
John: You would never stop at one drink.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie

Last edited by applebucked; 10-31-2013 at 06:55 AM..
Old 10-31-2013, 06:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
On this, we agree 100%. Whoever said they thought Stevie was trying to upstage her(or whatever it was), was completely wrong. I love to run Stevie's name through the mud more than anyone,, but she was truly happy that Chris was up there.

John will beat this thing....

And Chris will come back for one more final album and tour.....

A fella can hope and dream....
Trust me, once John's health is on par, Chris would come sprinting back to FM for a final hurrah.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
Trust me, once John's health is on par, Chris would come sprinting back to FM for a final hurrah.
I love this quote.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
On this, we agree 100%. Whoever said they thought Stevie was trying to upstage her(or whatever it was), was completely wrong. I love to run Stevie's name through the mud more than anyone,, but she was truly happy that Chris was up there.
people who were right at the stage at that show said something like that.

i do believe she was truly happy. but i also think, judging from what people who were there said, and also from the videos, that she was trying to take on herself some of Christine's thunder, whether it was conscious or not.

but like you, i am biased against the woman... on the other hand i've seen a lot of spitting on LB for that same event from all the chiffs so it goes both ways. the way i've seen it, LB was annoyed that SN was putting Christine in the corner, and both him and Mick were waving them to come over to the middle of the stage to share the joy with all band members. the way Lindsey-haters saw it was that he was annoyed, period, because it's a known fact that he's just a jerk.

the fact that the second day events unfolded very differently and everybody in the band got to share the joy of Christine rejoining them, is telling too - that something was not completely right the first day.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-31-2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
people who were right at the stage at that show said something like that.

i do believe she was truly happy. but i also think, judging from what people who were there said, and also from the videos, that she was trying to take on herself some of Christine's thunder, whether it was conscious or not.

but like you, i am biased against the woman... on the other hand i've seen a lot of spitting on LB for that same event from all the chiffs so it goes both ways. the way i've seen it, LB was annoyed that SN was putting Christine in the corner, and both him and Mick were waving them to come over to the middle of the stage to share the joy with all band members. the way Lindsey-haters saw it was that he was annoyed, period, because it's a known fact that he's just a jerk.

the fact that the second day events unfolded very differently and everybody in the band got to share the joy of Christine rejoining them, is telling too - that something was not completely right the first day.
What's really fascinating, Elle, after watching this band since 1973 ish.. Is that Stevie and/or LB would be worried about Christine stealing the thunder. And she sort of did in that moment. Those fans went absolutely wild... and I did too for about a week.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

IMO, if the Steves was indeed stealing some of Christine's thunder, it probably wasn't intentional.

Regardless, it was still a very magical moment. I still tear up thinking about it.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:51 AM

Quote:
IMO, if the Steves was indeed stealing some of Christine's thunder, it probably wasn't intentional.

Regardless, it was still a very magical moment. I still tear up thinking about it.
I truly believe Stevie was beside herself with joy. She wanted to show the fans, "Look what I found!!" I could feel her joy thru the youtubevideo. I wonder what Michele's opinion is... or anyone else that was there..
Old 10-31-2013, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I truly believe Stevie was beside herself with joy. She wanted to show the fans, "Look what I found!!" I could feel her joy thru the youtubevideo. I wonder what Michele's opinion is... or anyone else that was there..
Same. It's very obvious how much she loves her.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yes, i agree. but who was it that worked hard for months to bring Christine back? the impression if you look at that stage that day was exactly what you said above.

does Mick not love Christine and was he not probably even more overjoyed? or Lindsey? or John??

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-31-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes, i agree. but who was it that worked hard for months to bring Christine back? the impression if you look at that stage that day was exactly what you said above.

does Mick not love Christine and was he not probably even more overjoyed? or Lindsey? or John??
I think Mick was happy.. he kept shouting.. "boom boom boom!!" "boom boom boom!!" lololol!!!
Old 10-31-2013, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think Mick was happy.. he kept shouting.. "boom boom boom!!" "boom boom boom!!" lololol!!!
And don't forget Johnny Mac as well. You gotta love how he interacts with Chris there.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:23 AM

Quote:
And don't forget Johnny Mac as well. You gotta love how he interacts with Chris there.
I didn't get as much of a read on him. He is very unemotional as it is. But Mick and Stevie seemed to be ecstatic to me. Lindsey looked happy, but I expected him to jam with her a bit harder like in the past.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My opinion is not that she was trying to steal Christine's thunder, but that she was hogging Christine and trying to steal her from everyone else, so that it was more about the 2 of them than the 5 of them. I find that a little annoying because as far as Stevie and Christine go, I don't really think of them as one of the couples in FM of any significance and certainly not one that I was looking to see reunited. I'd put Stevie and Lindsey, Christine and John, Christine and Lindsey, John and Mick and even Lindsey and Mick above Stevie and Christine as far as duo strength goes. Stevie acted that night as if it was, "Here we are, Christine and Stevie, together again." Really?

Anyway, the second night was a much more "a little Christine for everyone" event. Stevie stood back a little and shared and Christine very quickly got with John and Lindsey too, right out of the gate, they bolted over too, so it wasn't so much an isolated thing as the night before.

Michele
Old 10-31-2013, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I didn't get as much of a read on him. He is very unemotional as it is. But Mick and Stevie seemed to be ecstatic to me. Lindsey looked happy, but I expected him to jam with her a bit harder like in the past.
To me he looked almost choked with emotion before she even took the stage. While the other 3 were joking about the mystery keyboards in the corner, he looked like his heart was too nervous to take part in the teasing. I felt that I could feel his stomach in his throat.

Michele
Old 10-31-2013, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I like when Christine walks off the stage and John goes with her. I'm not sure why she entered the stage from the rear and then exited it by going down steps at the side of the stage, but John went down those steps with her and his arms around her were protective.

Michele