User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
'And I’d never had anyone be physical with me in my life. Then he picked up a black Les Paul guitar and he just frisbee’d it at me. He missed, I ducked – but he could have killed me.’
Lindsey didn't use a Les Paul in Auckland 1980.

Quote:
‘I’m not sure that happened,’ Buckingham, 64, states flatly at his gated LA estate.
Lindsey is prevaricating. Something like it happened. However, the first any of us ever heard of it was in Mick's 1990 book. I recommend everybody pull that book off the shelf and read that section.

Mick also talked about it in 1990 on the Graham Nash show with Billy Burnette and Sharon Celani. He specifically avoided the word "kicked" and instead used the word "flicked." The book does, too. I know this sounds silly, but the act, which no one in Fleetwood Mac mentioned until ten years after it happened, has been reframed since then as an act of violence. It's been made to sound more physical than Mick said it was. I just had to get that off my chest.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-08-2018, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Great stuff Fleetwood Mac have not and likely will not record a note of new music. If their rendition of "Ive Got You " is "great" then one man's trash is another man's treasure I guess. IMHO that performance is Stevie's most absurdly Norma Desmondish moment since her Bon Jovi and Poison covers on Timespace. At least then she had the alibi of being zonked out of her gord on klonopin.
Perfectly stated. Norma Desmond: "There's nothing else. Just us, and the cameras, and those wonderful people out there in the dark. All right, Mr. De Mille, I'm ready for my closeup."
Old 10-08-2018, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
No, there are no denials on the board just vague references. I agree 100% that Stevie fired Lindsey. I said it right away even before most people on this board said so. What is frustrating is this thread. Your post is even more vague. We don't know any context what was said. What exactly was asked to Lindsey? What was his response?
I know Stevie fired Lindsey. But the phrase "it was all Stevie" did not come from Lindsey's mouth. People want to make claims they cant back up. I will meet Lindsey and ask direct questions instead of this vague crap. "We all heard Stevie" LMAO What is the context of hearing one word. Its like pulling teeth on this thread. 42 posts and still no answers WHAT was asked and WHAT Lindsey said.
I’m not sure I’m following you and I don’t know what’s so funny about what WE heard. Lindsey said: “it was all Stevie”. Obviously the question was: “what happened?” I don’t think you can do a more obvious question.

What vague crap? At least 3 people who usually post here were there yesterday. But hey, if you have a less crappy question and you want to waste your minute with Lindsey asking about FM instead of thanking him for a great show and you also think he’s gonna tell you the whole story after meeting you for the first time, then do it. I’ll be here waiting for it.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 10-08-2018, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Lindsey didn't use a Les Paul in Auckland 1980.
Well ya since according to him it never happened.
Old 10-08-2018, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Only the Tusk, Rumours, and white album releases are really up to snuff, bucko. The live stuff was done right, and the studio stuff was done mostly right. I gotta let this rage out.
There, there…I feel your pain on that.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-08-2018, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think you wandered into the wrong thread. Oops. By and large the shows are selling fine.
By and large that is the biggest load of crap I've read in a while. Really? So those TM seating charts are an alternate reality? Please explain, I'm on the edge of my seat over here.
Old 10-08-2018, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I’m not sure I’m following you and I don’t know what’s so funny about what WE heard. Lindsey said: “it was all Stevie”.
Her own transcript phrases it as a question. "It was all Stevie?" So which is it?
Statement or question?
Old 10-08-2018, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is what we're hanging a conclusion on? Whew. There's an awful lot of room in that statement.
Less room than your proclamation that Lindsey never had to compromise...I don't care if you are a Lindsey or a Stevie fan, anyone can see how bonkers that statement is. Have you been hacked by sugar mouse?
Old 10-08-2018, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Great stuff
Yes. Black Magic Woman, Tell Me…, Hypnotized, All Over Again, DDIO, etc.

It’s the kind of change I’ve been bitching about now for a few decades.

Quote:
Fleetwood Mac have not and likely will not record a note of new music.
To be determined. It’s more likely now than this time last year.

And, whatever about Stevie. Christine’s solo on Black Magic Woman made me smile. TMATTYD and Hypnotized seem to be highlights, too. And, DDIO is still one of the best pop songs ever. Stevie isn’t why I want to see this, or any, Fleetwood Mac show.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-09-2018, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
By and large that is the biggest load of crap I've read in a while. Really? So those TM seating charts are an alternate reality? Please explain, I'm on the edge of my seat over here.
LOL I just went on Tickemaster and checked the shows that are just a few days aways. SO MANY TICKETS LEFT!!!
Old 10-09-2018, 12:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Her own transcript phrases it as a question. "It was all Stevie?" So which is it?
Statement or question?

via GIPHY

Old 10-09-2018, 01:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
But the phrase "it was all Stevie" did not come from Lindsey's mouth. People want to make claims they cant back up. I will meet Lindsey and ask direct questions instead of this vague crap. "We all heard Stevie" LMAO What is the context of hearing one word. Its like pulling teeth on this thread. 42 posts and still no answers WHAT was asked and WHAT Lindsey said.
I'm sorry, were you in the room so can say with complete confidence that this was NOT said....? Oh please

Elle has said publicly on other social media accounts that she didn't ask him anything, but because he knows her he just started talking....sorry but those exact words were said and several others at the meet and greet also heard him say this.

To allude that this is fabricated is beyond insulting to Elle when her only motivation is to share LBs exact words to Ledge members

This isn't difficult to understand or interrupt so this should answer your ignorant questions fully
Old 10-09-2018, 07:19 AM

Quote:
This is the same guy who just a few years ago said he didn't remember/never happened kicking Stevie in New Zealand.
Considering how much scotch he had, I don't doubt he doesn't remember.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 10-09-2018 at 07:41 AM..
Old 10-09-2018, 07:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Just wow.
I love Elle and no one is questioning her integrity. Nice try to pivot to members calling other's integrity into account. Now slightly more information comes out that no one asked him any questions. Ok that is good to know. When someone starts a thread "it was all Stevie" implies those were Lindsey's exact words. Before other members immediately start with posting threads its fair to ask what is the context? No specifics just people saying they heard Stevie's name pop up. If you post something its fair to ask questions. Were we to believe that Lindsey asked about his firing and his response was "it was all Stevie." We all know Lindsey speaks in technical terms and always leaves hints to his explanations.

I don't need proof that Stevie was majorly the reason Lindsey was fired. However, its fair to get fair explanations of what Lindsey said. That's not being rude or arrogant. Curious minds want to know what he said. But so far all we know is Stevie's name came up. How? In what context? How did he relate his firing to Stevie?

If you post something its completely fair to ask for an explanation. That's all. 74 posts later, I have not read anything about the meet and greet what questions were asked, how firing came up, and how Stevie was involved. Just "it was all Stevie" Don't ask any questions. How dare you question anyone with arrogance. Huh?

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-09-2018 at 07:38 AM..
Old 10-09-2018, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Mick also talked about it in 1990 on the Graham Nash show with Billy Burnette and Sharon Celani. He specifically avoided the word "kicked" and instead used the word "flicked." The book does, too. I know this sounds silly, but the act, which no one in Fleetwood Mac mentioned until ten years after it happened, has been reframed since then as an act of violence. It's been made to sound more physical than Mick said it was. I just had to get that off my chest.
And when Stevie first mentioned it, she did not say that he kicked her either. She said he did something to her. My impression was that he was behind her and she knew that he was doing something unwanted, but she couldn’t see him and couldn’t say. She did not feel a kick or she would have described it as such when she first told the story. He might have been catching at the hem of her dress, flicking his foot, something disruptive certainly, not violent.

She knows how to describe violence when she wants to, “Remember when you threw that Les Paul at me?”