The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation NYC June 5th - Rock Away Blind!!

just reported by a friend on FB - hopefully she will post here once she gets home!!
Old 06-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There IS a God.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

come on NYC people - tell us more!!
Old 06-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come On Lindsey You're Killin Me Dude!
Old 06-06-2012, 03:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Excellent! Now, Lindsey, keep it in the setlist so you get even better at it and then hop on a plane over to Northern Ireland!
Old 06-06-2012, 06:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgr9jq18aV4

It seems he really doesn't want to do the outro live, or hasn't learnt it yet. I hope he does because it's spectacular. At any rate, I thought this was a really good, understated and emotional version. He just needs to add the ending
Old 06-06-2012, 07:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

dreams do come true
Old 06-06-2012, 07:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That was a lovely, lovely surprise. I liked this version better than the one he did at the Y last year.
He was ready to wind up the show and he said he would "someday" have to do a request show but not yet. Then, he started chatting with someone in front and just...went into the song. I think he just really, really wanted to do it.
Nice show. ODD. But, nice.
(My review, of sorts).
I came in very close to 8. I had hurt my foot about a month ago and I'm still in a surgical shoe so...standing in line for hours was just not an option. I am going to another concert where I'm sitting in the front, so...I really was just going for wherever they sat me. Now, for some odd reason (maybe because I've always been shoe-horned into a table somewhere), I always remember the place as being bigger than it is. It's really quite small, as far as venues go. But, the person who was seating me gave me the option of the already crowded floor (and I really had slim pickins there...somewhere off to the side) or their "balcony" section (about 6 steps up from the floor). I choose the balcony...all the way to the right side, right in the front. There were NO tables behind me, and--I only had two guys come and sit at the table with me. I think people thought the angle was all wrong but it was perfect for prime Lindsey watching.
There is, as people have mentioned, a $10 minimum. So, I ordered ice cream and a glass of seltzer--$14. I kept trying not to channel my dad and think of how many half-gallons of ice cream I could buy in Pathmark for that money;-)
They did say (right off the bat) that they wouldn't serve past 8:30 at Lindsey's request.
OK-he came out (same leather jacket...sigh...I'm destined never to see the other suit coat that actually looks clean...), did his I-am-humbled routine and went into Castaway Dreams. That, and Bleed to Love Her, were absolutely jarring to me. I love both songs and I don't know if it was the venue, or lack of band, but...his voice seemed too big for the place. He redeemed himself with Not Too Late and ... the fantabulous Stephanie. After Stephanie, he just seemed totally tickled that it got the response it did. Come...suffered from the lack of band, IMO. Shut Us Down through Big Love were really good. But, I have to say (not a popular opinion, probably)...I hated the canned music/backbeat/whatever the hell those contraptions are. When he started I'm So Afraid...I thought...eh. Toward the end, I found it absolutely distracting. I actually questioned whether Lindsey was playing the guitar himself (I know he was but it all sounded so ... weird). The box o'music also made me channel my Polish roots because--I swore that he was going to break into a Polka version of GYOW. Just from the backing stuff.
Trouble, Rock Away and Seeds...made up for it all.
It's so good to see him and I'm glad he's pushing himself. But, my personal preference is to bring back the medium machine. He doesn't, perhaps, need to the guys, but they add more life, dimension, color and fun to the shows.
Don't get me wrong. I had a great time, but I wasn't over the moon giddy as I have been at his other shows.
Still, if he announces another leg of the Stripped Down Lindsey tour, I'll be going.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:27 AM
Junior Ledgie

FINALLY!!! And did I hear "next leg?" I am ecstatic that he is including this beautiful piece! HOPEFULLY, he will leave it in the set list, so I can see it in person!
Old 06-06-2012, 07:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, I forgot something. I haven't watched the video yet (and I'm at work) but after Rock Away, he said something like "my sound guy is probably saying 'what the F*&k was that!'"
Cute.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
Oh, I forgot something. I haven't watched the video yet (and I'm at work) but after Rock Away, he said something like "my sound guy is probably saying 'what the F*&k was that!'"
Cute.
it's in the video.

but no outro?! Lindsey...

(guess i should just shut up, or he won't do it ever again. and i thought his singiong was beautiful - so much more feeling to it than at 92Y. only thing missing is the outro now. but i'll take it however he wants to give it to us!!)
Old 06-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by playon81 View Post
FINALLY!!! And did I hear "next leg?" I am ecstatic that he is including this beautiful piece! HOPEFULLY, he will leave it in the set list, so I can see it in person!
I heard 'next leg' too - I think this is the first time we heard him say that publicly.
Rumors are he had great time last night - can't wait to read more reviews and impressions here!
Old 06-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
I heard 'next leg' too - I think this is the first time we heard him say that publicly.
Rumors are he had great time last night - can't wait to read more reviews and impressions here!
I'm glad he's having a good time. And obviously by "next leg" he means he's going to come over the Northern Ireland and play in my living room (I wish!)
Old 06-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

more re him having good time :

"Lindsey Buckingham at BB King's. Showing the Love....."

http://www.flickr.com/photos/roblawol/7159302893/
Old 06-06-2012, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

nice recap from Nickslive:

Brace Yourself - Lindsey Buckingham "Rock Away Blind" Live in NYC
Lindsey Buckingham Live - B.B. King Blues Club
New York City, NY - June 5, 2012

"ROCK AWAY BLIND" LIVE
Wow!... On the second night at The B.B. King Blues Club last night in New York City, Lindsey takes a detour away from his usual setlist and treats the audience to "Rock Away Blind" by request! "Rock Away Blind" has never been played live except for once instance back on November 4, 2011 during his appearance at the 92Y event. The song is a great album track, one of my favourites and sounds pretty fantastic for an unrehearsed moment up on stage... Lindsey says at the end of the video that his sound man is probably going "what the **** was that?"

A couple of other things to note is Lindsey says at the beginning of this video that he's not ready to do it yet but he's thinking on the next leg (of the tour) he'll start taking requests. That would be really cool if he did and would really shake up the live show setlist. Whether his remark on "the next leg" is confirmation of more dates beyond June 16th, I'm not sure, but it looks like it's part of his plan and backs up what was in earlier press releases saying more dates around the country were to follow.

Thank you to those that requested Lindsey play this... and a BIG thank you to tgrpaws for capturing it on film!

http://nickslive.blogspot.com/2012/0...gham-rock.html