The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 07-31-2003, 08:33 AM
WednesdaysChild WednesdaysChild is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Haven, CT area
Posts: 408
Default

I have BN on CD and if I had a burner, I would glady copy it for you all. It's not a bootleg thing either...the CD says Buckingham on it (no Nicks, weird) and the cover and jewel case and all that looks like a "real" CD, straight from Polydor. Of course, I paid $30 for it, but it was worth it!
__________________
~Jen~

"If you f*ck with my people, I'm gonna get real f*cking angry!" (Stevie-1988)

If I'd have written a song on "Rumours"? How about "You want a what?", or "We should have had a Pre-Nup". (John McVie)
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-31-2003, 08:42 AM
chiliD's Avatar
chiliD chiliD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: In the backseat of a Studebaker
Posts: 9,701
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by WednesdaysChild
I have BN on CD and if I had a burner, I would glady copy it for you all. It's not a bootleg thing either...
There is no such thing as an OFFICIAL release of Buckingham Nicks on CD. So, therefore, its a bootleg.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-31-2003, 09:04 AM
WednesdaysChild WednesdaysChild is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Haven, CT area
Posts: 408
Default

No I know there's no "official" release, sillies! But it looks so real...it's not a shady bootleg, like something a kid made on his PC.
__________________
~Jen~

"If you f*ck with my people, I'm gonna get real f*cking angry!" (Stevie-1988)

If I'd have written a song on "Rumours"? How about "You want a what?", or "We should have had a Pre-Nup". (John McVie)
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-31-2003, 09:05 AM
DownOnRodeo's Avatar
DownOnRodeo DownOnRodeo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 3,220
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
There is no such thing as an OFFICIAL release of Buckingham Nicks on CD. So, therefore, its a bootleg.
Thankfully/hopefully you won't be able to say that for much longer ChilliD
__________________
Joe
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-31-2003, 09:54 AM
chiliD's Avatar
chiliD chiliD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: In the backseat of a Studebaker
Posts: 9,701
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
Thankfully/hopefully you won't be able to say that for much longer ChilliD

Let's hope Rhino makes the wait worth it!


Quote:
Originally posted by WednesdaysChild
But it looks so real...it's not a shady bootleg, like something a kid made on his PC.
That's the one thing I've noticed about CD bootlegs compared to old vinyl LP bootlegs that really amazes me...the high quality of the packaging. Some bootleggers really go all out to make their "product" look "official". It really makes it more difficult to tell what is and what isn't a bootleg anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-31-2003, 11:22 AM
sodascouts's Avatar
sodascouts sodascouts is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Memphis area
Posts: 4,477
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
That's the one thing I've noticed about CD bootlegs compared to old vinyl LP bootlegs that really amazes me...the high quality of the packaging. Some bootleggers really go all out to make their "product" look "official". It really makes it more difficult to tell what is and what isn't a bootleg anymore.
So true. I remember one seller advertising that his BN CD was official and using as proof that it was "in plastic and unopened." Well, when I was in Junior Achievement back in high school, we used a little gadget that shrink-wrapped stuff all the time and believe me, it did not make any of the crap we were selling any better, lol.
__________________
- Nancy

Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-31-2003, 11:28 AM
sodascouts's Avatar
sodascouts sodascouts is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Memphis area
Posts: 4,477
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
Then there's [...] possibly a studio version of My Little Demon.
Please, not another resurrected Dance tune. I was very disappointed we got BTLH on "Say You Will" rather than one of the other songs you mentioned.
__________________
- Nancy

Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-01-2003, 08:28 AM
CarneVaca CarneVaca is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 3,228
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by sodascouts
Please, not another resurrected Dance tune. I was very disappointed we got BTLH on "Say You Will" rather than one of the other songs you mentioned.
I agree with you, but it's interesting to note that My Little Demon as a studio track was considerably different from the Dance version. Bleed to Love Her, on the other hand, is quite similar.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved