Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-23-2003, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default As Lindsey said,

"It was just one more thing." We all knew Mr. Todd set that board up to be a marketing machine, and that's all well and fine. What we have always objected to was he set it up to have an appearance of a fan site, and it's never been that. It has always been solely "about the money." Content??? The content is what appears in the "shopping CART."

The appearance of a "message board" was to encourage people to think it was fan friendly. It's not a true fan message board, but a "show board." Anyone that was not playing the game and fitting into the pro-marketing scheme was banned/their messages deleted. Some of that changed after the MSNBC article and a bit of investigations generated by the very fan club members that they banned.

My question at this point is why do fans go there? They are supporting a marketing machine that does not care at all for fans. Jackie and Trin continue to support that site. There are other major fan based web sites. The Legacy has a message board, Burnish.net has a message board, and if you are reading this thread, you know The Penguin has a message board. There are hundreds of other boards. There is also a "newsgroup" if you like your messages totally unmonitored. You can find links to many MORE message boards and Fleetwood Mac fan sites via this link:
http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/penguin/links.htm

To continue to support that message board, that site, and that man equates to giving him support for his behavior of ripping off fans in my opinion.

If you want honesty and integrity, visit the fan sites or visit Nicks Fix. Nicks Fix is NOT affiliated with Mr. Todd's sites in any way. Send your reviews to Nicks Fix. Send them to The Penguin. Send them to a place where they will remain after the marketing scheme is over.

You sicken us Mr. Todd. You sicken all of us.
Old 05-23-2003, 09:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

By the way, a big thanks to Pip and Louise for letting this reach the light of day.

~Alex

Old 05-23-2003, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Angry you are welcome

Guys like him give business a bad name....
Old 05-23-2003, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default PLEASE

Please get mad enough to DO SOMETHING. We need ALL your voices. Please don't just sit back and agree, please please do something...

Again:

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...threadid=10118

Go and Get the info to complain. You want him gone? Here is your chance.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have been a longtime FM fan since Rumours and an Internet fan since 1996, I was around when the NicksFix was a baby fansite and lurked everyday on the original Ledge. When the Ledge took a break, I ran around with the fun hip crowd at burnish.net. When the New Ledge came back up, I joined right away and promised myself I would be a poster. I'm still under a 1000 posts but I try. . I lurk everyday at burnish.net and regularly check out the boards at fmlegacy, uk fireflies and sararhiannon underground and continued this with even Micks' board

I say these things so you can understand and believe when I tell you that I know for a fact what devoted and sane fans, Louise and Pip are. In fact, all the UK fans are some of the most devoted and knowledgeable fans in the Internet community. They do not deserve this treatment and any longtime Internet fan on FM knows this...

I did not join the fanclub, I'm a 38 year old wife with a busy IS job, a house to run and elderly parents to take care of. But the FM community allows me to keep in touch with and nurture that youthful beautiful teenager I once was and to keep her dreams alive. And I think that most FM fans are sensitive souls doing the same thing.

and this is the research JT neglected to do when he started this venture...you have hurt our very essence but we are not childish fools and you have only stirred our wrath. "like a heartbeat, drives you mad" more and more fans hear your tell-tale heart.

Louise, Pip, I am soooo sorry this happened to such great fans.

I remember a man when he said to me
He said, "What do you do?"
I sing...

S. Nicks

Photobucket

www.myspace.com/bellafigura64

Last edited by Bella Figura; 05-23-2003 at 10:13 AM..
Old 05-23-2003, 10:21 AM
Senior Ledgie

As a member of the UK Fleetwood Mac convention team I was absolutely shocked and appalled to hear about all that had happened.

This man clearly does not have a conscience and is only involved with the Mac for the money and 'status' it brings him.

All this leaves a very bad taste in my mouth and I am trying not to let him and his actions taint my feelings towards the Mac...I wonder how they would feel if they knew what had happened?
Old 05-23-2003, 11:07 AM
Ledgie

I wish I could say I was shocked, but I'm not. Just deeply saddened. Louise, Pip, and everyone else, I'm really sorry.

JT just has to go!!
Old 05-23-2003, 02:14 PM
Junior Ledgie

Man, I had this great reply all typed up but then the server got clogged and I lost it...so I'll try again.

I've been a lurker for a while and came out and registered after the Buffalo show. I am SO shocked about this, that someone in this day and age could act so disgustingly toward music fans and try to get "a piece of the action" in a non-profit convention. I'm sickened by this rat, I seriously am.

And I'm very happy that I did my research and read before joining the fan club. What a nightmare!

I looked around...but not all that well...to find out if there are opinions from the band regarding this type of behaviour. I've read some things about Stevie & Lindsey not liking stuff about the fan club, but I don't know what that is...I wonder how they (including Mick & John) would think if they got their hands on that email that "shouldn't have been sent."

I'm just disgusted! Boooo to Jonathan Todd!

But thank God there are great fans out there it's just a shame that they have to go through stuff like this that isn't deserved.
"We may be making, maybe in some ways making the best music of our lives, but what's under that is the tenderness--and the care that still exists and somehow managed to survive through all of those times, and through all the twists and turns that we have taken."--Lindsey Buckingham
Old 05-23-2003, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Ladies, my heart goes out to you. I don't believe how foolish he is...taking this attitude with Pip and Louise, of all people! It just shows his unbelievable ignorance of FM fans, and of people in general. Pip was the most fair-minded poster on his propaganda board. Unlike me, and some other outspoken people who used to post at that site, Pip never spoke one word of profanity, negativity, rudeness, nor anything else he implies by labeling her a troublemaker. I'm not the least bit surprised at his crudeness nor his unmitigated gall. However, I am insulted that after everything we've caught him doing, and everything we've called him out on, he still thinks fans are too stupid to see his true colors! Does he really believe anyone buys that story about somebody at the office playing games? Bwwaaahahaha! How many times has he blamed others for the crap he pulls while hiding behind the name FM?

I said it before and I'll say it again...I hold the band responsible for everything he says and does. He's using their name with their blessing. Does anyone believe for one minute...if we set up a website using the FM name to advertise and expose everything that's gone on with the fan club, the official website, and the other crap JT's involved with, that we wouldn't get a message within 48 hours saying the band will sue if we don't stop what we're doing? They have the power to stop him. They choose not to. My opinion is...Fleetwood Mac (probably spearheaded by Mick) are all taking a calculated risk sticking by this guy, staying silent, even if it costs them a few of their most loyal and supportive fans. The band and their people decided at some point that remaining silent is the lesser of all evils, even if fans get taken advantage of, insulted, and even attacked in the process.

If voicing these opinions makes me sound like I'm not a true fan, so be it. After 30 years, I can't say it matters to me anymore. No, I'm not a fan who's been to every concert and posted at every fan site. I lurked here for 2 years before posting about the fan club mess. Mick's board was actually the first site I posted at besides a friend's private list. Ha! I actually thought it's claims of being an "official" site gave it a bit more credibility. Wow, was that the furthest thing from the truth! Still, I've supported this group with my hard earned dollars since 1974. I'm very disappointed that the lasting impression they've left me with is that they're as greedy as any other people in show biz. I'm not usually that naive, so why does this hurt so much?

I feel this band has written me off, along with every other fan outraged by the dealings of the fan club and the man who's exploiting the fans using their official website. Do they care? I doubt it. Do they know what's going on? Don't let your long-held love of the band cloud your judgmemt. Sure they know, but they also know...silence is golden.

No offense to anyone who disagrees. JMHO.

Last edited by glitter_fades; 05-23-2003 at 11:09 PM..
Old 05-23-2003, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I feel this band has written me off, along with every other fan outraged by the dealings of the fan club and the man who's exploiting the fans using their official website. Do they care? I doubt it. Do they know what's going on? Don't let your long-held love of the band cloud your judgmemt. Sure they do, but they also know...silence is golden.
Unfortunately, I think that you are correct in your feelings. No one really cares about the fan base at all....maybe the attorney in SCarolina handling the Chicks class action suit will care? Next stop, SCarolina.
Old 05-23-2003, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That nasty email he sent you is surely the reason behind his current copyright warning on all emails.
Someone's afraid to see own his words come back at him. Like a copyright on an email means anything.
What a joke!
Old 05-23-2003, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation What's The World Coming to?!

Pip and Louise,
Thanks so much for sharing all this. It makes me violently ill, and I'm SO sorry you had to deal with this, but I'm glad you are making people aware of what a crook this man really is. He NEEDS to be in JAIL.

-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."
Old 05-23-2003, 05:43 PM
Senior Ledgie

~~~Add my voice to those who thank Pip, Louise and those who took the time to explain what happened. It's troubling to say the least...~~~
"These days Lindsey deals with me on a much kinder level. And I'm more willing to be open with him. It's nice to think that I might go to my grave being Lindsey's friend and not a thorn in his side for all eternity."
~~~Stevie Nicks - August, 1997~~~
Old 05-23-2003, 05:50 PM
Junior Ledgie

Unhappy

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I feel this band has written me off, along with every other fan outraged by the dealings of the fan club and the man who's exploiting the fans using their official website. Do they care? I doubt it. Do they know what's going on? Don't let your long-held love of the band cloud your judgmemt. Sure they do, but they also know...silence is golden.

Old 05-23-2003, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

No surprise. I do have a burning question though. Did we, the fan club and former fan club members pay for those people to attend the tour rehearsal in LA? Also, didn't they post their plane tickets or something in order to show they paid their own way? I'd been of that bb for a while when that happened.

And all of it on the backs of other fans. That should get you the Jonanthan Toad medal of honor. You disgust me. Ban that.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 05-30-2003 at 06:09 PM..