The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-15-2016, 08:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree feeding our pets good food is the best thing we can do for them (and the best thing we can do us humans too!). I had a rescue Lurcher that I tried on a raw meat and veg diet as this is supposed to be closest to their natural wild diet, but it was hard going as I'm vegetarian. She was an amazing running dog, the fastest on the beach, and I actually discovered that she had better energy levels on the dried food - but I found a good quality, UK made non-toxic food.

After trying a few foods with my cat, he's now on James Wellbeloved (light as he overeats) and this seems to be the best by far for his coat and eyes. I hope it's good enough for his health in the long term, he catches wild things too. It's great if you can give your pets some fresh foods. I get my pet food delivered in bulk from Zooplus to make it affordable , they deliver all over Europe.

I'm sorry to hear about your cat Sisternightroad, as Olive said you've done a great job of caring for her and 16 is a good age. We get so attached to them its very hard when they get ill.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
I agree feeding our pets good food is the best thing we can do for them (and the best thing we can do us humans too!). I had a rescue Lurcher that I tried on a raw meat and veg diet as this is supposed to be closest to their natural wild diet, but it was hard going as I'm vegetarian. She was an amazing running dog, the fastest on the beach, and I actually discovered that she had better energy levels on the dried food - but I found a good quality, UK made non-toxic food.

After trying a few foods with my cat, he's now on James Wellbeloved (light as he overeats) and this seems to be the best by far for his coat and eyes. I hope it's good enough for his health in the long term, he catches wild things too. It's great if you can give your pets some fresh foods. I get my pet food delivered in bulk from Zooplus to make it affordable , they deliver all over Europe.

I'm sorry to hear about your cat Sisternightroad, as Olive said you've done a great job of caring for her and 16 is a good age. We get so attached to them its very hard when they get ill.
Thanks, it's like you said, I'm very attached to her.
I tried Zooplus but the costs of the delivery and the management ended up surpassing the retrenchment, so I buy from a nearby shop. I use a brand named Prolife that uses natural supplements and it's fine also because it's actually a bit cheaper than all the other most famous brands, I save circa 8 Euros for the 1,5 kg dry food and 65 cents at portion for the wet food.
Old 05-15-2016, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Thanks, I think you're right.

Really? How old is the kitten?
I would it is about 2 weeks old.
Old 05-15-2016, 03:15 PM

Poor kitty, it's really young, you'll have to wean him/her!
Old 05-15-2016, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Poor kitty, it's really young, you'll have to wean him/her!
Yeah, I know. The situation this little kitten is in breaks my heart.
Old 05-15-2016, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BellaDonna*~ View Post
Yeah, I know. The situation this little kitten is in breaks my heart.
Mt cat was two weeks too when I took her home.
What are you feeding the kitty now?
Old 08-25-2016, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi everybody.Been away for awhile.I'm sad to say my cat Buttons has gone to kitty heaven today {August 24th} around 2pm today at the vets. The vet doctor have tried to revive her as her heart stopped"cardiac arrest " and got her going and say about 10 minutes later she passed away on her own. She was not put asleep. which would be more heart breaking for me. She got sick over the weekend which I noticed that she was not eating alot loosing weight last week.The Doctor said that maybe her kidneys were the issue that made her sick.I blame the cat food with the crap they put into it I feel like crap and blaming myself for not taking care of her but my friend Bob said I was taking her from my neighbor"Crampton" and giving her for another year of being alive at a new home when I adopted a year ago last year.More likely my ex -neighbors family would drop Buttons off at the local animal shelter and have her put down.

Heres the latest photo of her that I taken on the 19th of August before she started going down the last few days.

I will get another cat companion A "Buttons Jr" soon after I flea bomb and clean the place here.

She's up there on the rainbow bridge in heaven and later meet up with Mr Crampton and friends the she knew.

RIP Buttons .See you soon.

I apologize with the crappy grammar because I'm upset and have not sleep at all last night.{August 23rd}..

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 08-25-2016, 01:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry to read about your cat Skip.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Hi everybody.Been away for awhile.I'm sad to say my cat Buttons has gone to kitty heaven today {August 24th} around 2pm today at the vets. The vet doctor have tried to revive her as her heart stopped"cardiac arrest " and got her going and say about 10 minutes later she passed away on her own. She was not put asleep. which would be more heart breaking for me. She got sick over the weekend which I noticed that she was not eating alot loosing weight last week.The Doctor said that maybe her kidneys were the issue that made her sick.I blame the cat food with the crap they put into it I feel like crap and blaming myself for not taking care of her but my friend Bob said I was taking her from my neighbor"Crampton" and giving her for another year of being alive at a new home when I adopted a year ago last year.More likely my ex -neighbors family would drop Buttons off at the local animal shelter and have her put down.

Heres the latest photo of her that I taken on the 19th of August before she started going down the last few days.

I will get another cat companion A "Buttons Jr" soon after I flea bomb and clean the place here.

She's up there on the rainbow bridge in heaven and later meet up with Mr Crampton and friends the she knew.

RIP Buttons .See you soon.

I apologize with the crappy grammar because I'm upset and have not sleep at all last night.{August 23rd}..
I'm sorry Skip, my Perla passed away on the same day but three months ago, on the 24th of May. Your Buttons seemed very sweet.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:53 AM
Registered

Sorry for your loss .

Thank You for taking her in , and for considering saving another who desperately needs a home .
Old 08-25-2016, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am so very sorry for the loss of your cat Buttons. Its so hard losing a pet I know the feeling my little Tank died 3 months ago and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't want to cry my eyes out about it. Sending you lots of healing and hugs.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you all for the kind words.I'm going though times here today and cant stop crying about it.Talking to friends on the phone and online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Sorry to read about your cat Skip.
Thanks imnotafraid.

Quote:
I'm sorry Skip, my Perla passed away on the same day but three months ago, on the 24th of May. Your Buttons seemed very sweet.
Thank you SisterNightroad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
Sorry for your loss .

Thank You for taking her in , and for considering saving another who desperately needs a home .
Thank you Olive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
I am so very sorry for the loss of your cat Buttons. Its so hard losing a pet I know the feeling my little Tank died 3 months ago and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't want to cry my eyes out about it. Sending you lots of healing and hugs.
Thank you kak125

Old 08-25-2016, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I sign up to the Rainbow Bridge Memorial website which is like the peoples Legacy .com.
I add some photos of her and add more later as time goes on.Now its time to go out and take a walk get myself together..

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/...htm#PhotoAlbum

I have Silent Night playing in the background .To bad I cant post Stevie's version due to copyrights.

Last edited by Macfanforever; 08-25-2016 at 02:58 PM..
Old 08-25-2016, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I sign up to the Rainbow Bridge Memorial website which is like the peoples Legacy .com.
I add some photos of her and add more later as time goes on.Now its time to go out and take a walk get myself together..

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/...htm#PhotoAlbum

I have Silent Night playing in the background .To bad I cant post Stevie's version due to copyrights.
I visited the memorial, it shows that yu really loved Buttons. If it's of any help, it's obvious that she loved you too and that you made her happy during this year with you, she certainly never wanted anything more than that.

When you'll feel ready consider to save another cat and apply what Buttons has taught you.
Recently a stray cat has been abandoned in my old grand-father's field and we took him in. I thought I wasn't ready but he needed us and we don't regret it.
Old 08-25-2016, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I visited the memorial, it shows that yu really loved Buttons. If it's of any help, it's obvious that she loved you too and that you made her happy during this year with you, she certainly never wanted anything more than that.

When you'll feel ready consider to save another cat and apply what Buttons has taught you.
Recently a stray cat has been abandoned in my old grand-father's field and we took him in. I thought I wasn't ready but he needed us and we don't regret it.
Thank you. Yes I do love her and miss her so badly.I cried almost all day today.Yes I will be looking for another one soon after I get the house flea bombed and get it ready for a cat.