User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-28-2010, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Well, to chili's point, if she has to be forced to do it, then she should just quit.

ETA: If they are planning on doing another Mac album, then I suspect, fortunately/unfortunately, that it would fit Stevie's hint about the Mac having one more "kick-a**" album in them. That tells me that if she'll do it at all, she wants a swan song--and in that case, I guess I do understand why she'd want the break to do a solo album first.
But I think Fleetwood Mac has realized that Fleetwood Mac without Stevie Nicks does not work and they would rather hold out and do nothing without her than to put her in a position to quit. And I think Stevie realizes this. Fleetwood Mac took a break from 2004-2009 not because of Stevie, but because Lindsey wanted some time to work on his solo stuff. I think Stevie is now throwing her weight around to show she has some power and she knows they will most likely cater to her. Good thing about being Stevie Nicks is you have a lot of bargaining power.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
yeah, sometimes I'm mildly angry about the fact that more time has gone by since the release of Say You Will since there was between The Dance and SYW.
Ok, just food for thought.

From Say You Will (2003) to now (almost Nov 2010) is longer in time than it took the Beatles to record their entire output...from Please, Please Me to Abbey Road (considering [/i]Let It Be[/i] was actually recorded BEFORE Abbey Road) 12 (count 'em, TWELVE) albums AND, they toured almost constantly from 1963-66.

Ok, now, who wants to be the first delusional person to try to convince me that Stevie Nicks is a "prolific" songwriter?

And, Lindsey?? Self-indulgent. It's been proven over & over that it doesn't take YEARS to record an album...it CAN be done in WEEKS, to great success.

Last edited by chiliD; 10-28-2010 at 04:13 PM..
Old 10-28-2010, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
But I think Fleetwood Mac has realized that Fleetwood Mac without Stevie Nicks does not work....
{slaps forehead}

It worked quite well from 1967-1974...and I wish it would happen again.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:43 PM
MissLadyLoki
This message has been deleted by MissLadyLoki.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
{slaps forehead}

It worked quite well from 1967-1974...and I wish it would happen again.
C'mon Chili, I never heard of FM until after S&L joined the band and I bet millions more would agree.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Ok, just food for thought.

From Say You Will (2003) to now (almost Nov 2010) is longer in time than it took the Beatles to record their entire output...from Please, Please Me to Abbey Road (considering [/i]Let It Be[/i] was actually recorded BEFORE Abbey Road) 12 (count 'em, TWELVE) albums AND, they toured almost constantly from 1963-66.

Ok, now, who wants to be the first delusional person to try to convince me that Stevie Nicks is a "prolific" songwriter?

And, Lindsey?? Self-indulgent. It's been proven over & over that it doesn't take YEARS to record an album...it CAN be done in WEEKS, to great success.
Good point. I shouldn't just blame Stevie...

Quote:
But I think Fleetwood Mac has realized that Fleetwood Mac without Stevie Nicks does not work and they would rather hold out and do nothing without her than to put her in a position to quit. And I think Stevie realizes this. Fleetwood Mac took a break from 2004-2009 not because of Stevie, but because Lindsey wanted some time to work on his solo stuff. I think Stevie is now throwing her weight around to show she has some power and she knows they will most likely cater to her. Good thing about being Stevie Nicks is you have a lot of bargaining power.
...but Lindsey wanted the time off, we are told, to make use of his Gift of Screws material that didn't make Say You Will because the band tried to stiff him on a double album. Again, if it was his call: HE shoulda made it a double album. So he gets some of the blame. BUT Stevie shoulda used that time to also get her solo jones out of her system rather than after Unleashed.

The point is we've missed out on the great music that can be made by artists collaborating with Mick and John--though I wonder if they would go outside of their own circle to find new guitarists.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 10-28-2010 at 07:16 PM..
Old 10-28-2010, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sadly, what your saying is not really what is coming through on twitter-land. I keep seeing more and more sources from higher and higher up saying that a 2011 FM Tour will happen (not saying I want this to happen, I want a new Lindsey and Stevie album and for both of them to tour behind it extensively, take a break, record with the mac, tour in 2013...this is the longest sentence in history). I hope she doesn't rush through this album/tour then hop back on with FM. She will be worn to bits. I thought by the end of the Unleashed Tour she was gunna call it quits. By the time they got to Aussie, her vocals were wrecked. I was beyond shocked when I heard the boots from the 2010 mystery tour. She sounded great.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What I REALLY want is a Lindsey tour. I've never been to one of his solo shows and I've been dying for the opportunity to attend one. Smaller venues, more musical liberty, etc.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:58 AM
Supporting Ledgie

I have to say I enjoyed his UTS solo show more than any of the Mac shows I went to. Quite intimate and I think he was "looser" with the crowd and just more relaxed and responsive, as well as enjoying himself.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
I enjoyed his UTS solo show more than any of the Mac shows I went to.
That was a very special tour!
Old 10-29-2010, 08:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
C'mon Chili, I never heard of FM until after S&L joined the band and I bet millions more would agree.
Bull. In 1969 Fleetwood Mac sold more records than the Beatles or the Stones.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
What I REALLY want is a Lindsey tour. I've never been to one of his solo shows and I've been dying for the opportunity to attend one. Smaller venues, more musical liberty, etc.
Same here. I never saw a solo show, but I think it could be awesome. Besides, I already have plans to see Van Halen when they tour next year, so why not Bucky?

You can add me on Facebook
Old 10-29-2010, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yayayayayayay!

.....*breathe* How exciting

He HAS to come to the UK! None of us are getting any younger you know Lindsey..!
Old 10-29-2010, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Bull. In 1969 Fleetwood Mac sold more records than the Beatles or the Stones.
In the U.K., yes. Peter Green Era Fleetwood Mac never broke the top 100 album chart in the US. This is why so many American fans (especially the younger ones) tend to dismiss Fleetwood Mac before 1975 as simply a ramp up for Buckingham & Nicks. Albatross may have been a massive hit in Europe, but I guarantee you if you polled the American fans following their Say You Will concerts where Albatross was played while fans exited, 99% would have NO IDEA that was a Fleetwood Mac song.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey's solo shows are freakin amazing. He plays music from all of his albums on every tour. I travel far and spend big $ to see him when he tours. So worth it. One thing I hate about it, though, is everyone usually sits the whole time. Thats what has happened at the majority of Lindsey shows I've been to. Except in Lebanon, NH I went to the front of the stage during Tusk at his GOS tour stop.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey's solo shows are wonderful--especially as he plays new songs and gives us a new perspective on them. HOWEVER, nothing in the history of the world (well except for one person) compares to the spectacle of Lindsey/Stevie and the Mac.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.