Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-03-2005, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Confirmed? Same with John Stewart -- Stevie never told the press she & Stewart were together on the 1981 tour, but Stewart finally did.
Wow. That's a new one on me. Wasn't he a bit older than Stevie?
Old 07-03-2005, 01:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
It was DURING his relationship with Chris. That guy was a total man-ho.
I thought it was before. Oh my.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
then take off in an exit of chiffon, platform boots & umpteen girlfriends.
That's what I don't get. If I were a guy I would find that annoying, especially the entourage she always carried around with her.

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 07-03-2005, 01:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitter_fades
You gotta have a screw loose to stand by and watch this kind of thing go on and not go postal on somebody.
Well, that's probably why he said "See ya" before the Tango tour.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliP
That's what I don't get. If I were a guy I would find that annoying, especially the entourage she always carried around with her.
Tom Petty wasn't too cool with it when he first met Stevie, according to his new book.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, it doesn't. It had nothing to do with that. Fleetwood Mac members always patronized Stevie in the studio over the years. It had nothing to do with Dennis Wilson! It had to do with the sorry fact that Stevie opens her mouth & says sort of dorky, stupid things in the studio
Well, okay. But you have to admit that dorky thing coming out of the mouth of the woman who's my ex and is sleeping with my best friend, or is the woman who's sleeping with MY ex, or sleeping with my current, or whom I've slept with, or who is sleeping with our rival band...not just one member, but the whole damn band AND the guy who co-writes most of their songs, well, all I'm saying is that it didn't help.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-03-2005, 01:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
Well, okay. But you have to admit that dorky thing coming out of the mouth of the woman who's my ex and is sleeping with my best friend, or is the woman who's sleeping with MY ex, or sleeping with my current, or whom I've slept with, or who is sleeping with our rival band...not just one member, but the whole damn band AND the guy who co-writes most of their songs, well, all I'm saying is that it didn't help.
That's got to be hard on a person, even if he did have Carol Ann.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
No way! Now that's interesting. Is that the infamous Blue T-Bird of the song of the same name?
Sure is. The car and its owner also appeared in the video for that very song. Unfortunately, however, it only aired once (on American Bandstand or something like that) and I don't know if anyone has it anymore.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
Oooh...pale...shadow
Certainly no resemblance here.

Old 07-03-2005, 02:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
When did we learn that Stevie had an affair with Dennis Wilson? That one's completely news to me.

I do know that Stevie and Christine both dated Curry Grant at some point, and those relationships had to be pretty close to overlapping.
I can't remember the source, but I read that Dennis Wilson boasted both Christine McVie and Stevie Nicks as conquests, although Stevie it appears was more of one-night stand. It's late, but I'll try to find that later. Stevie herself never confirmed it, that I know of, so maybe he was just talking big or the author got it wrong.

Old 07-03-2005, 05:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm getting an L-Word-chart kind of image in my head, here

(if you don't know the show, all the lines between the names represent relationships)

link to chart picture (big)

would be great if we could draw one of these for fleetwood mac... but what a job!
Old 07-03-2005, 05:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky
Sure is. The car and its owner also appeared in the video for that very song. Unfortunately, however, it only aired once (on American Bandstand or something like that) and I don't know if anyone has it anymore.

There was a video for the song and Stevie is driving the car. I had it on a videotape from years ago but I doubt that I would ever be able to find it now.
Old 07-03-2005, 05:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliP
Apparently, the only man that was never attracted to Stevie was Stan Lynch . I wonder why.
OOH, where did you hear this? Does that mean that she dated the rest of The Heartbrakers?
Old 07-03-2005, 07:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it is fascinating the loyalty LB has shown Stevie over the years...especially during their down/estranged times. Yea he has said a few sarcastic things about the amount of men, he has written some sarcastic songs but one thing he has never done is reveal personal things about her in books or to the press. He has kept her secrets even when she was treating him like utter ****. IMHO, this is one of the things that draws Stevie to him, her ability to trust his loyalty. I think it is really important to Stevie that there is someone like that in her life, who knew her before she became larger than life, rock star Stevie, whom she can trust to never spill about her. Even her own brother has not shown that amount of loyalty to her...as recently as several weeks ago he was saying some stuff to fans out front of a venue that should have been kept quiet. I know LB has said there are some trust issues but they are about other things. Had Lindsey wanted to, he could have lashed out after Mick's book came out and embarrassed Stevie with the story. He could talk about how she slept with a ton of his friends. He could talk about how perhaps Stevie used her sex appeal to further her solo career, aligning herself with just the right people to make it happen in the most successful way possible. He could talk about how completely disloyal it was of both Mick and Stevie for them to get involved with each other or about how deeply it really did hurt him. (thick skin my ass..more like a bottle of Jack D.) Even in the late eighties and early nineties when Stevie was talking about him in a rather dismissive, cold way...he still kept his mouth shut and I find it to be so admirable as well as interesting.

BTW...I think, for the most part, Stevie has also kept alot of LB's personal secrets but she never had a problem writing about his innermost pain in her songs. She also has, at times, allowed her anger, hurt or jealousy to prevail and those are the times when she has said personal things that she probably should have kept between them. (in my opinion)

To stay on topic...so many people over the years have commented on the woman LB has dated following Stevie. Most see the uncanny similarities. It is not that they look exactly like Stevie but they are so similar. Long straight blonde hair, thin, quiet, petite, demure. Even Stevie sees it..."ooh pale shadow, of a woman".

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 07-03-2005, 08:48 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
I think it is fascinating the loyalty LB has shown Stevie over the years...especially during their down/estranged times. Yea he has said a few sarcastic things about the amount of men, he has written some sarcastic songs but one thing he has never done is reveal personal things about her in books or to the press. He has kept her secrets even when she was treating him like utter ****. IMHO, this is one of the things that draws Stevie to him, her ability to trust his loyalty. I think it is really important to Stevie that there is someone like that in her life, who knew her before she became larger than life, rock star Stevie, whom she can trust to never spill about her. Even her own brother has not shown that amount of loyalty to her...as recently as several weeks ago he was saying some stuff to fans out front of a venue that should have been kept quiet. I know LB has said there are some trust issues but they are about other things. Had Lindsey wanted to, he could have lashed out after Mick's book came out and embarrassed Stevie with the story. He could talk about how she slept with a ton of his friends. He could talk about how perhaps Stevie used her sex appeal to further her solo career, aligning herself with just the right people to make it happen in the most successful way possible. He could talk about how completely disloyal it was of both Mick and Stevie for them to get involved with each other or about how deeply it really did hurt him. (thick skin my ass..more like a bottle of Jack D.) Even in the late eighties and early nineties when Stevie was talking about him in a rather dismissive, cold way...he still kept his mouth shut and I find it to be so admirable as well as interesting.

BTW...I think, for the most part, Stevie has also kept alot of LB's personal secrets but she never had a problem writing about his innermost pain in her songs. She also has, at times, allowed her anger, hurt or jealousy to prevail and those are the times when she has said personal things that she probably should have kept between them. (in my opinion)
Very good point..
In interviews after Tango in the Night into the 90's she was really dissing him, while he remained quiet about the whole thing..