User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-03-2023, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Chris..cause of death

This info is appearing in many publications/news outlets now...

Christine McVie died of an "ischemic stroke" in November, according to a report citing her death certificate.

The British vocalist and keyboardist, who was best known for bringing her talents to Fleetwood Mac, died on Nov. 30 at a hospital after a "short illness." She was 79.

The certificate, obtained by the Blast on Monday, listed the stroke as the primary cause of death. The Mayo Clinic says, "An ischemic stroke occurs when the blood supply to part of the brain is interrupted or reduced, preventing brain tissue from getting oxygen and nutrients."

The secondary cause of death listed on the certificate was "metastatic malignancy of unknown primary origin." According to the Blast, "Cancer had spread in her body where the primary source or tumor is not detected."

McVie, according to her death certificate, also had "atrial fibrillation" (a common type of irregular heartbeat) and "large atrial thrombus."

At the time of her death, McVie's family said she "passed away peacefully" but did not reveal additional details. Months before, in June, the singer told Rolling Stone that she was in "quite bad health," describing a chronic back problem that made it difficult for her to stand.

“There are no words to describe our sadness at the passing of Christine McVie,” Fleetwood Mac said in a joint statement following her death.

“She was truly one-of-a-kind, special and talented beyond measure. She was the best musician anyone could have in their band and the best friend anyone could have in their life. We were so lucky to have a life with her. Individually and together, we cherished Christine deeply and are thankful for the amazing memories we have. She will be so very missed.”
Old 04-03-2023, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It is still so hard to believe she is gone.
Old 04-04-2023, 02:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think this is a different article.
https://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/202...l?spref=fb&m=1
Old 04-04-2023, 08:11 AM

This was really hard to read.
Old 04-04-2023, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Very much so. Her last year, couldn't have been good.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 04-04-2023, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
This was really hard to read.
I know. I felt all the sadness and grief afresh. She appears to have had multiple problems that ultimately closed in on her. I so happy she was able to enjoy the last eight years of her life.
Old 04-04-2023, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I think this is a different article.
https://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/202...l?spref=fb&m=1
Oh, dear...it not only states the news of her illness but adds that her estate must pay 31 million euros in taxes! Am I reading that right?
Old 04-04-2023, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Oh, dear...it not only states the news of her illness but adds that her estate must pay 31 million euros in taxes! Am I reading that right?
It sure looks that way.

I know nothing about the British system, but WHY would someone be allowed to accrue such a huge tax bill? That's 38.7 million dollars.
Old 04-05-2023, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It sure looks that way.

I know nothing about the British system, but WHY would someone be allowed to accrue such a huge tax bill? That's 38.7 million dollars.
Our death (inheritance) tax falls due to be paid from the end of the sixth month after the end of the month of death, before interest begins to accrue. It can cause difficulty but so few people owe such large bills. The size of the tax is 40% on the amount over £325,000. I’m not sure about the figures here, but the issue will be liquidity - her executor will need to find funds to pay that bill before Probate can be granted.
Old 04-05-2023, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
Our death (inheritance) tax falls due to be paid from the end of the sixth month after the end of the month of death, before interest begins to accrue. It can cause difficulty but so few people owe such large bills. The size of the tax is 40% on the amount over £325,000. I’m not sure about the figures here, but the issue will be liquidity - her executor will need to find funds to pay that bill before Probate can be granted.
Wow. 40% is so high.

Does anyone remember what she got for her catalog?
Old 04-05-2023, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wow. 40% is so high.

Does anyone remember what she got for her catalog?
40% is not actually that high compared to other jurisdictions, particularly in mainland Europe. The US also has a 40% rate, although the band at which no tax is charged is much more generous than ours (in the millions). Since she wasn’t married, there was no way to avoid this tax other than to give some of the estate to charity, which can lead to tax savings depending on how much is left. If you’re married and the spouse survives you, you can leave everything to them tax free and then they can gift on assets to other people and as long as they survive seven years, those gifts are entirely out of the tax net. Weird rules but basically if you’re single, you get slammed.

Last edited by Ulpian; 04-05-2023 at 05:44 PM..