Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default LB Slays Them in St. Louis

Here's a Blog Post, by Jim Schmaltz, September 29, 2008:

http://quint75.blogspot.com/2008/09/...-st-louis.html

Lindsey Buckingham Slays St. Louis

His show tonight at the Pageant absolutely killed. He has been my favorite guitarist for a while and tonight it was like watching Michael Jordan dominate a game. His playing was phenomenal and he was in great voice as well.

A lot of great surprises in the song selection, with the full versions of "Trouble" and "Go Insane" leading the way. Lindsey has been playing them as solo acoustic numbers in the recent past and I was thrilled to get the full on treatment of two of my favorite Buckingham songs. It was also great to hear "I Know I'm Not Wrong," a rather obscure song off of Fleetwood Mac's Tusk album. I knew he played it on the last tour and was afraid I missed my chance to hear it. Great song.

Lindsey was full of energy tonight and was backed by a great band. The St. Louis crowd was hypnotized by the guitar work, especially on "I'm So Afraid" and "Go Your Own Way." The encore featured "Second Hand News" and closed with an absolutely mezmorising acoustic number, "Time Precious Time" from his new album, Gift Of Screws. My wife didn't know most of the songs but says she really enjoyed the show. Rumor is Fleetwood Mac may be coming to town next year. If that's true, you can count my wife and me in.