Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-13-2005, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default gag-inducing In the Meantime review

I don't think we've ever discussed this. I just happened to come across it on Amazon and it really irritated me. First of all, I don't believe this is a "Kid's Review." The person is no English scholar but also doesn't seem to write like a child. If it is a child, I'll just echo what an acquaintance of mine said just tonight--"People need to stop having kids."

(1 out of 5 stars) "Not so good", October 8, 2005
A Kid's Review

Really bad songs from a legendary artist, singer songwriter of Fleetwood Mac. Pick up any Fleetwood Mac CD from the last 30 years except the new one Say You Will and listen to some wonder full songs by this artist (Examples: White Album, Rumours, Tusk, Mirage, Tango In The Night). But these tunes dont even compare in quality, shotty songwriting and arrangements. It sounds like they were recorded at her home. Mr Buckingham and Ms Nicks didnt necessarily do a brilliant job on the recent "Say You Will" but it was a HEC of a lot more interesting then this stuff. Plus they are young at heart enough to keep playing on your to the loyal fans at a venue near you. Lets be glad say You Will wasnt filled up with this junk. A 3 1/2-4 star CD would have been sadly lowered a whole rating. Mrs McVie feels she's too old now to be rockin on the road with Fleetwood Mac or to be going on the road to support this garbage. Pretty soon it will be time to grab a rocking chair and retire into her ripe old age. Not even the pile of makeup on the cover of this CD can cover that up. This chicks olddddd!!
Old 10-13-2005, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ugh. Lay off the cover and quit calling her old. (That person has touched on one of my biggest pet peeves).

I just felt like whining tonight, apparently.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What an as*-nuf said-poor stupid kid or adult!?
Old 10-14-2005, 02:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
Ugh. Lay off the cover and quit calling her old. (That person has touched on one of my biggest pet peeves).

I just felt like whining tonight, apparently.
Oh, I don't know, Hil. I thought the review was pretty spot on.

hehe I kid, I kid
Old 10-14-2005, 03:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope when he's old, that his kids and grandkids have NOTHING to do with him. I'd give my life, for him to be sent his review, then!
Christine has grace. He's a schmuck!
Old 10-14-2005, 06:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Are Buckingham & Nicks still young at heart? I wasn't aware of this. Seriously, this review is hardly worthy of mention.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

Still not as bad as a long-winded one-star review of Rumours I read on Epinions a couple months back. The author spends most of 1,500 words foaming about how the album "killed rock", wasn't gritty and rebellious enough, and that band was full of talentless hacks. Whatever. What the hell plastic bubble was this guy living under to think, 24 years later, that Songbird and Dreams were thrash metal?

Then, a year later, he gives ABBA's Greatest Hits CD four stars (yeah, really gritty rockin' stuff there! ). A year after that, he goes absolutely gaga over Tusk, because it's so "rough and unpolished!" and apparently because Lindsey had a few weird songs on it. He proudly proclaims it "The Best Fleetwood Mac ever did!" even though Tusk and Rumours were the only albums he'd ever heard. Of course, he spends a quarter of the review reminding the reader how much he hated Rumours. The guy could probably tell me what color Sammy Hagar's belly button lint is, but didn't know that Tusk was the most expensive album ever made at the time!

Hypocrite!

( for the ranting, I just woke up!)
Old 10-14-2005, 06:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

what a horrid review, that ass!!! ~
Old 10-14-2005, 07:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike
Still not as bad as a long-winded one-star review of Rumours I read on Epinions a couple months back. The author spends most of 1,500 words foaming about how the album "killed rock", wasn't gritty and rebellious enough, and that band was full of talentless hacks. Whatever. What the hell plastic bubble was this guy living under to think, 24 years later, that Songbird and Dreams were thrash metal?

Then, a year later, he gives ABBA's Greatest Hits CD four stars (yeah, really gritty rockin' stuff there! ). A year after that, he goes absolutely gaga over Tusk, because it's so "rough and unpolished!" and apparently because Lindsey had a few weird songs on it. He proudly proclaims it "The Best Fleetwood Mac ever did!" even though Tusk and Rumours were the only albums he'd ever heard. Of course, he spends a quarter of the review reminding the reader how much he hated Rumours. The guy could probably tell me what color Sammy Hagar's belly button lint is, but didn't know that Tusk was the most expensive album ever made at the time!

Hypocrite!

( for the ranting, I just woke up!)
Oh, I don't mind the ranting at all! Rant away. I love to. That person sounds very irritating, too.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
Are Buckingham & Nicks still young at heart? I wasn't aware of this. Seriously, this review is hardly worthy of mention.
Oh yeah, it certainly isn't worth taking into consideration at all. I'm ready to write the person off as an idiot and not care about anything he or she writes. (Damn, Hillary! ) But you know that I love to talk and so I started a rather pointless thread, which would not be the first time at all.

As a review of the album it can't be taken seriously in the least, of course. It never even really addresses the material on the album. What really disturbed me is that the person felt it was necessary to attack Christine the person rather than Christine the artist. I mean, it sounds like personal attacks to me, which are against the review guidelines on Amazon.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
I hope when he's old, that his kids and grandkids have NOTHING to do with him. I'd give my life, for him to be sent his review, then!
Christine has grace. He's a schmuck!
You know, that was the one thing about that person that made me think he or she could actually be a "kid." A lot of the writing itself doesn't support that theory at all but the whole "'old' people should just stop" mentality is pretty juvenile. It's something I expect to hear from someone my age, even. I think it takes awhile before the vast majority of people learn to fully respect those who are wiser, or just have a clue in general.

To elucidate that last clause, I'll mention some chick I was talking to the other day. I honestly can't remember who it was; I have talked to way too many people lately. I need to cut myself off from humanity. Anyway, she said that some woman who was in her forties was a "geezer" (sp?). This always blows me away, the notion that a woman in her forties is comparable to a hag or something. I can't believe there are people my age who feel that way. More idiotic than I can say.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
To elucidate that last clause,
Quote:

Thanks David.
I'll mention some chick I was talking to the other day.
I mean Hillary.

Dammit, I can't get the quote thing to work like I want it to, and have to go to work.....
Old 10-14-2005, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden

(1 out of 5 stars) "Not so good", October 8, 2005
A Kid's Review

Really bad songs from a legendary artist, singer songwriter of Fleetwood Mac. Pick up any Fleetwood Mac CD from the last 30 years except the new one Say You Will and listen to some wonder full songs by this artist (Examples: White Album, Rumours, Tusk, Mirage, Tango In The Night). But these tunes dont even compare in quality, shotty songwriting and arrangements. It sounds like they were recorded at her home. Mr Buckingham and Ms Nicks didnt necessarily do a brilliant job on the recent "Say You Will" but it was a HEC of a lot more interesting then this stuff. Plus they are young at heart enough to keep playing on your to the loyal fans at a venue near you. Lets be glad say You Will wasnt filled up with this junk. A 3 1/2-4 star CD would have been sadly lowered a whole rating. Mrs McVie feels she's too old now to be rockin on the road with Fleetwood Mac or to be going on the road to support this garbage. Pretty soon it will be time to grab a rocking chair and retire into her ripe old age. Not even the pile of makeup on the cover of this CD can cover that up. This chicks olddddd!!
"Wonder full"? HAHAHAHA.

Mrs McVie, huh? Oh, I guess that's her title, now that she's married to me. I would like to see the reviewer when they're olddddddddddd!, so I can laugh in their face. I agree, somewhat, about the album cover. It's too airbrushed. The pics inside the booklet are much cuter.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moony
Oh, I don't know, Hil. I thought the review was pretty spot on.

hehe I kid, I kid
honestly, its good to see you in here for a change
you will be receiving your Christine McVie welcome kit soon!
Old 10-14-2005, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird
"Wonder full"? HAHAHAHA.

Mrs McVie, huh? Oh, I guess that's her title, now that she's married to me. I would like to see the reviewer when they're olddddddddddd!, so I can laugh in their face. I agree, somewhat, about the album cover. It's too airbrushed. The pics inside the booklet are much cuter.
Yeah...about that...I've been meaning to say congratulations!