Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-06-2004, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default No Vote Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar
So then you wouldn't be adverse to an immunity-free round then...
I stated quite clearly last time around, that I'd much rather there be no immunity at all. Each song having to duke it out with all of the others.

But I was outvoted.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
I stated quite clearly last time around, that I'd much rather there be no immunity at all. Each song having to duke it out with all of the others.

But I was outvoted.
I don't remember anything in the rules REQUIRING immunity in every round...

Take on the situation but not the torment
Old 09-06-2004, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default No Vote Here

Quote:
I don't remember anything in the rules REQUIRING immunity in every round...
Ah, but let me ask this... if it were "Save Me A Place," or another Lindsey song, receiving immunity every round, would it then be a different story?

And how loudly would the Lindsey Alliance protest, if had been "SMAP" winning immunity these past few rounds, and the "Chiffon Heads" were the ones clamoring for a round without immunity?

I bet the "Chiffon Heads" would get called "spoiled-brat princesses" again.

So basically, we can't have it both ways... we can't want immunity only when it's our song winning it, and we can't claim that the members of the "other side" are "spoiled-brats" for complaining, if we turn around and engage in the same behaviour when the tides are turned in their favor.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Ah, but let me ask this... if it were "Save Me A Place," or another Lindsey song, receiving immunity every round, would it then be a different story?

And how loudly would the Lindsey Alliance protest, if had been "SMAP" winning immunity these past few rounds, and the "Chiffon Heads" were the ones clamoring for a round without immunity?

So basically, we can't have it both ways... we can't want immunity only when it's our song winning it, and we can't claim that the members of the "other side" are "spoiled-brats" for complaining, if we turn around and engage in the same behaviour when the tides are turned in their favor.
Now, now, now...if SMAP had immunity all these times, of course I wouldn't be lobbying for holding off immunity for a round. Nor would I voice opposition if others DID want to lobby for it.

I'm only asking... I'm, not posting huge red letters or anything. It's only directed at you because you mentioned the whole "competition" thing.

But forget it. Never mind. No big deal. Didn't mean to get your chiffon in a swirl by even mentioning the idea of suspending immunity for a round.

Carry on...

Take on the situation but not the torment
Old 09-06-2004, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default round 8 save me a place

im voting off smap
Old 09-06-2004, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Round 8 -- That's Enough for Me.

I love all of Stevie's Tusk songs, but Sara is my least favorite. I like Over and Over and SMAP, so I'm going with That's Enough for Me.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And Johnny, for the record, I voted against immunity, also. It just f&*ks things up, BECAUSE, it's all based on who can sit here at 8pm, with a fast connection!, and answer the trivia question 10 seconds faster than the next guy. And THAT's not a democratic vote, in the slightest. It's most certainly not fair the the folks on dialup. The people who "have a life" -and login at their own leisure-'s votes don't count, because the SAME TWO FREAKIN' SONGS ARE ALWAYS GIVEN IMMUNITY!
Immunity SUCKS.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Is it too late to apply for a copyright on that phrase?
Old 09-06-2004, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default No Vote Here

Quote:
But forget it. Never mind. No big deal. Didn't mean to get your chiffon in a swirl by even mentioning the idea of suspending immunity for a round.

Carry on...

Like I said, I'm not beholden to immunity. I'd rather see the game played without it. Though I do disagree with changing or amending a rule right in the middle of the game.

If Sodascouts and Rezamatic had decided right at the beginning that they'd have designated rounds without immunity, I'd be fine with that.
But to say "'Sara' has had immunity too many times, so we need to have a round without it," just seems odd to me. I mean, even you admitted that you wouldn't feel the same if it were "SMAP" winning immunity each time.

And for the record... the only things that get my "chiffon in a twirl," are prejudice, hatred, insensitivity, child abuse, and acts of aggression or violence. Oh, yeah, and the mere sight of Pat Robertson.

Anything else is just a mild annoyance.

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 09-06-2004 at 09:36 PM.. Reason: (Forgot to add "No Vote Here" originally.)
Old 09-06-2004, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Round 8- Save Me a Place

OK guys, I've been gone for 10 days, so that's why I haven't been here to vote for SMAP, But I'm back and although I still don't know what's been voted out, I'm voting for:

SAVE ME A PLACE

He Will Burn You Down

Last edited by Hawkeye; 09-06-2004 at 09:44 PM..
Old 09-06-2004, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default No Vote Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Is it too late to apply for a copyright on that phrase?
Hmm... we might be able to work something out.
But you'd have to be willing to vote against "Save Me A Place."
Old 09-06-2004, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default No Vote Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
OK guys, I've been gone for 10 days, so that's why I haven't been here to vote for SMAP, But I'm back and although I still don't know what's been voted out, I'm voting for:

SAVE ME A PLACE
Hawkeye, please be sure to edit your post to include the round number and the title of the song you're voting against in the subject line.

Otherwise it won't be counted.

In fact, I recommend that EVERYONE type "Round 8 - 'Save Me A Place'" in their subject lines. Consider it a birthday gift!

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 09-06-2004 at 09:42 PM..
Old 09-06-2004, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default No Vote

OK, I've just looked at what's been voted out, and and I'd rerally like to see Sara go, because it's the only Stevie song on Tusk I don't care for. But until SMAP leaves I can't vote for Sara.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 09-06-2004, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default No Vote Here

Quote:
In fact, I recommend that EVERYONE type "Round 8 - 'Save Me A Place'" in their subject lines.
You're too much man! TUSK would be a better "place"!
Old 09-06-2004, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hmm... we might be able to work something out.
But you'd have to be willing to vote against "Save Me A Place."
If I could guarantee one of my two favorite songs to win, I'd vote against SMAP in a NY second! Of course I will never tell which two songs those are! Those Chiffonese are BRUTAL.