The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 12-11-2022, 06:44 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 8,587
Default

I’m guessing her older brother, maybe sister-in-law (assuming he was still married) and nephew.

She also had a half-brother and step-sister who were young enough to be her children, but I don’t know what their relationship was at that point.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.



THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 12-12-2022, 04:16 PM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 14,772
Default

Maybe she had a urinary tract infection or some other bacterial or viral attack (staphylococcus, MRSA, etc.). If she died in the hospital, she may very well have picked up a microbe in the hospital quite unexpectedly. At age 79, stranger things have happened.
__________________

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 12-13-2022, 10:39 AM
Feather Blade Feather Blade is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 566
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
I'm the kind of person who likes details and info, it does help me process things. But maybe her family felt so much of her life was 'public'..and they really wanted to keep this final thing private...? so it would just belong to them and not to the world? I don't know. if it really happened quickly then we can't judge them...they must have been reeling.

I saw a rumor she passed away after getting the covid vaccine but sometimes anti-vax people blame any death on the vaccine.

Mick and Stevie have extraordinarily big mouths. maybe they will talk at some point...

--Lis
I also read in a couple of places that cause of death was related to an adverse reaction to a Covid shot. I have been curious to hear what happened. In this day and age people aren't usually so quiet about how someone died.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 12-13-2022, 04:41 PM
Karlie's Avatar
Karlie Karlie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
I also read in a couple of places that cause of death was related to an adverse reaction to a Covid shot. I have been curious to hear what happened. In this day and age people aren't usually so quiet about how someone died.
Anti-vaxxers will jump on any notable death and blame it on the COVID vaccine, especially if the cause hasnít been released. (But Iíve even seen them do it if a cause is known - Cancer? The vaccine caused the cancer! Car accident? The vaccine made them magnetic which pulled the other car to them! Yes, literally seen that one.)

Iím curious to know what happened too but I feel like ultimately it isnít anyoneís business if the family wants to keep it private. Iíve known people whoíve had cancer and didnít want it to be made public because they didnít want to be remembered as a sick person or have their whole legacy associated with the disease. So maybe it was something like that.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 12-13-2022, 05:22 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Posts: 5,607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlie View Post
Anti-vaxxers will jump on any notable death and blame it on the COVID vaccine, especially if the cause hasnít been released. (But Iíve even seen them do it if a cause is known - Cancer? The vaccine caused the cancer! Car accident? The vaccine made them magnetic which pulled the other car to them! Yes, literally seen that one.)

Iím curious to know what happened too but I feel like ultimately it isnít anyoneís business if the family wants to keep it private. Iíve known people whoíve had cancer and didnít want it to be made public because they didnít want to be remembered as a sick person or have their whole legacy associated with the disease. So maybe it was something like that.
I agree
A family does not have to announce details about a death. There is so much Covid disinformation on the web that they seize on any death and accuse the Covid vaccine. I bet Chris was vaccinated years ago especially because of her age. I would bet my life the vaccine had nothing to do with her passing. Covid possible but highly doubtful it was a vaccine.
__________________
My heart will rise up with the morning sun and the hurt I feel will simply melt away
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 12-16-2022, 05:41 PM
Nathan's Avatar
Nathan Nathan is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I agree
A family does not have to announce details about a death. There is so much Covid disinformation on the web that they seize on any death and accuse the Covid vaccine. I bet Chris was vaccinated years ago especially because of her age. I would bet my life the vaccine had nothing to do with her passing. Covid possible but highly doubtful it was a vaccine.
I agree. I expect that Chris was vaccinated and takes excellent care, given her means and access. I doubt highly that weíll hear that this was due to a vaccine in any way.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 12-16-2022, 11:00 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 15,167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I agree. I expect that Chris was vaccinated and takes excellent care, given her means and access. I doubt highly that weíll hear that this was due to a vaccine in any way.
If it were true, the media wouldn't allow it to be reported.
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran)
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 12-17-2022, 04:00 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Posts: 5,607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
If it were true, the media wouldn't allow it to be reported.
This board does not need Mike Pence conspiracies.
__________________
My heart will rise up with the morning sun and the hurt I feel will simply melt away
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 12-17-2022, 11:20 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 15,167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
This board does not need Mike Pence conspiracies.
Then you should stop coming here.
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran)
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 12-17-2022, 12:17 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Posts: 5,607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Then you should stop coming here.
I am here to set the record straight.
That's all
__________________
My heart will rise up with the morning sun and the hurt I feel will simply melt away
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 12-17-2022, 02:05 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 15,167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I am here to set the record straight.
That's all
You're here to shove "your opinion as fact" down everybody's throat.

__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran)
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 12-17-2022, 02:44 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Posts: 5,607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
You're here to shove "your opinion as fact" down everybody's throat.

You're entitled to your own opinion but not your own set of facts.
__________________
My heart will rise up with the morning sun and the hurt I feel will simply melt away
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 12-17-2022, 04:25 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 15,167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You're entitled to your own opinion but not your own set of facts.
Pot, meet kettle.
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran)

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 12-17-2022 at 04:28 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 12-17-2022, 06:16 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,844
Default

Mick's come back to social media to post that he's ready for Christmas.

He was also in Vegas to see Aerosmith last week, but they canceled the show. He also went to see a Beatles Cirque Du Soleil and an art gallery.

At the gallery he said this: ďShe was just Chris, she was comfortable playing the piano and not very comfortable coming out to the front. She left that up to Stevie.Ē
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 12-17-2022, 07:19 PM
BombaySapphire3 BombaySapphire3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco Bay area
Posts: 4,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Mick's come back to social media to post that he's ready for Christmas.

He was also in Vegas to see Aerosmith last week, but they canceled the show. He also went to see a Beatles Cirque Du Soleil and an art gallery.

At the gallery he said this: ďShe was just Chris, she was comfortable playing the piano and not very comfortable coming out to the front. She left that up to Stevie.Ē
He must have had complementary tickets.The old shyster is probably nearly broke again. He will find a way to mik more money out of the Fleetwood Mac moniker even if it means getting the old bleating battleaxe and Lindsey to perform onstage together. If John stays retired he will replace him. It is all about the $$$$.
__________________
Children of the world the forgotten chimpanzee..in the eyes of the world you have done so much for me. ..SLN.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Stevie Nicks Christine McVie Fleetwood Mac - Promotional AD / Poster Original picture

Stevie Nicks Christine McVie Fleetwood Mac - Promotional AD / Poster Original

$19.99



Christine McVie - Songbird (A Solo Collection) CD ~ Warner Records BRAND NEW picture

Christine McVie - Songbird (A Solo Collection) CD ~ Warner Records BRAND NEW

$9.75



Christine McVie - Songbird (A Solo Collection) [New CD] picture

Christine McVie - Songbird (A Solo Collection) [New CD]

$13.46



LVM1-099 FLEETWOOD MAC CHRISTINE MCVIE 35mm SLIDE picture

LVM1-099 FLEETWOOD MAC CHRISTINE MCVIE 35mm SLIDE

$12.00



Lindsey Buckingham Christine McVie picture

Lindsey Buckingham Christine McVie

$8.04




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved