The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-20-2022, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mick Fleetwood secures Executive Producer role on forthcoming US TV drama, 13 Songs

Mick Fleetwood signs on as Executive Producer for new Fox TV music drama
By Paul Brannigan

Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood secures Executive Producer role on forthcoming US TV drama 13 Songs

Mick Fleetwood has landed an Executive Producer role on forthcoming FOX TV drama 13 Songs, which will centre on fictional rock ’n’ roll veteran Jasper Jones reuniting with his estranged band The Grift to record one final 13-song album as a farewell note to his fans after being diagnosed with terminal cancer and being informed he has only a matter of months to live.

Fleetwood Mac’s 74-year-old drummer will assist in the songwriting process for the project, which, according to film industry website Deadline, has been written by Will Reiser, who wrote the 2011 film 50/50, featuring Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Seth Rogen, Anna Kendrick and Bryce Dallas Howard, and Jonathan Prince, who created the musical drama American Soul for BET.

Speaking to Classic Rock magazine last year, Fleetwood described his own’s band remarkable career as “an extreme story.”

“If you put it down on paper, you’d say: ‘This isn’t true, there’s just no way’,” he told Classic Rock’s Henry Yates. “It’s fairly unusual. It’s fairly unique to find a story about a band like this, that’s involved with partnerships and women and tragedies. But with all the twists and turns, it has worth been a damn. And the music speaks loud and clear.”

In 2020 the drummer was one of the driving forces behind a special tribute concert at the London Palladium saluting his former Fleetwood Mac colleague, legendary blues guitarist Peter Green, who passed away just a few months later, aged 73, on July 25. Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler, ZZ Top’s Billy Gibbons, Metallica’s Kirk Hammett and Noel Gallagher were among the stars performing at the show on February 20, 2020.

https://www.loudersound.com/news/mic...tv-music-drama
Old 01-20-2022, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac’s 74-year-old drummer will assist in the songwriting process for the project

Yeah because we all know what a talented songwriter Mick is.
Old 01-20-2022, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He must be behind on his mortgage. AGAIN.
Old 01-20-2022, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Did you ever think maybe he has a gambling addiction? Cause really, how does this man go through ten million dollars so quickly after every FM tour? Either gambling or the mob is squeezing him. These are scenarios that I can think of.
Old 01-20-2022, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Did you ever think maybe he has a gambling addiction? Cause really, how does this man go through ten million dollars so quickly after every FM tour? Either gambling or the mob is squeezing him. These are scenarios that I can think of.
He's a f*cking dumb ass. That's the only answer. He must have ZERO common sense.
Old 01-21-2022, 01:20 PM
Senior Ledgie

"Lizard People" is the first song that comes to mind when I think of Mick as a songwriter.
Old 01-21-2022, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I doubt he ran out of money. The band isn’t recording or touring and may never again.

This project makes sense. He knows rock and he knows drama, so it seems like a perfect outlet for someone like him. It’s not like when he selling wine.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-21-2022, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Forget touring money.

He just recently sold all of his rights to FM music for a vast lump sum.

He commented at the time that getting the money all at once allowed him to do some things he's been wanting to do NOW, rather than cobbling it all together over a few more tours. (I assumed part of that was his restaurant in Hawaii, which, like all restaurants, has to have been hit by the pandemic. And further for him, his place REALLY relies on tourists, as where it is in Lahaina is where the cruise ships land and pax come ashore to shop).

If he's blow thru all that, he deserves what he gets. Maybe, like in the past, he'll just call Chris and ask for some cash.
Old 01-22-2022, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You don't get paid to be an executive producer anyway, do you? I think he is the one who is putting up money. If it's successful, he will reap his rewards then. But I don't think he gets paid up front.
Old 02-09-2022, 07:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Is he still renting out parts of his restaurant?

With no touring, his meet and greet petty cash has dried up. Maybe his manager should have some balls and tell him to stop giving his puppet master 50% of the tour proceeds of a band he founded. Can you imagine those talks. No one comes to hear or see you Mick. They only come to see her. Find some other way to make money. If it was not for the meet and greets, he would be panhandling in the parking lots before shows and selling autograph photos

He wrote in his first book he bought a bunch of land/property in Australia as an investment during the Rumours/Tusk era. When he went bankrupt in the mid 80s, he unloaded the property and still went bankrupt. I always wonder what these properties would be worth today. Maybe 10's of millions

He's an investment genius

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-09-2022 at 07:45 AM..
Old 03-03-2022, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
You don't get paid to be an executive producer anyway, do you? I think he is the one who is putting up money. If it's successful, he will reap his rewards then. But I don't think he gets paid up front.
Agreed. Even the language of the article (he “secured” the role) reinforces this. It will, I hope, reveal hidden talents. He’s been so tethered to the whims of his songwriters and frontpersons for so long , it would be a relief to see him succeed independent of them. And who knows? Maybe success with this means he begins to tell the truth in interviews related to FM…
Old 03-03-2022, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Agreed. Even the language of the article (he “secured” the role) reinforces this. It will, I hope, reveal hidden talents. He’s been so tethered to the whims of his songwriters and frontpersons for so long , it would be a relief to see him succeed independent of them. And who knows?

Maybe success with this means he begins to tell the truth in interviews related to FM…
Still, he's ALWAYS looking for a moneymaking scheme. Whether he's hawking wine in Costco, food at his restaurant, or selling Biddy's panties on eBay. Quintessential Mick.

He's been around $tevie for too long now. Apparently, pathological lying is as contagious as the Covids.
Old 03-03-2022, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Still, he's ALWAYS looking for a moneymaking scheme. Whether he's hawking wine in Costco, food at his restaurant, or selling Biddy's panties on eBay. Quintessential Mick.

He's been around $tevie for too long now. Apparently, pathological lying is as contagious as the Covids.
Biddy’s panties on eBay—what an image!
Old 03-03-2022, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Biddy’s panties on eBay—what an image!
I mean, come on! The man would do ANYTHING for a buck.

I wonder how many millions he's made in the past 47 years? To just piss it away, Over And Over. He's a financial IDIOT.
Old 03-04-2022, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I mean, come on! The man would do ANYTHING for a buck.

I wonder how many millions he's made in the past 47 years? To just piss it away, Over And Over. He's a financial IDIOT.
Well, his obsession with vintage cars is just…boring!