The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-18-2020, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default What did you think of the Buck/McVie album?

This is the question I want them to ask Stevie.😎
Old 10-18-2020, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think most interviewers even remember the BuckVie album. The bigger topics seem to be her concert film, her new song, the recent FM tour, and if she's spoken to Lindsey.
Old 10-18-2020, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I don't think most interviewers even remember the BuckVie album. The bigger topics seem to be her concert film, her new song, the recent FM tour, and if she's spoken to Lindsey.
Yes but anybody that has a clue of this band and a fan would ask this question.
Old 10-18-2020, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
This is the question I want them to ask Stevie.��
I feel for you because you're opening yourself up to the dagger swingers who express Lindsey as an unsuccessful musician that f****d everything up in life. Though, he's in multiple recent interviews she gives.

She was asked about it in 2017. She said she's been on the road since September 2016 so she didn't understand Chris and Lindsey's premise but she wishes them luck.
Old 10-18-2020, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She was asked about it in 2017. She said she's been on the road since September 2016 so she didn't understand Chris and Lindsey's premise but she wishes them luck.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I remember this response. My question would be... “Do you regret not participating in the album that became Buck/McVie that was really a Fleetwood Mac album if only you added some vocals to some great songs and gave the band 3 of your songs?”
Old 10-18-2020, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Liz Rosenberg or Karen would've jumped on the call and said "That's it for today. Thank you!"
Old 10-18-2020, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It was a fantastic swan song for the band of my life.

To me, it really felt like Mirage, part II. A happy, poppy FM record.

And best of all, the old goat opted out. Goat free at last! Goat free at last!
Old 10-19-2020, 11:21 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
This is the question I want them to ask Stevie.😎
A similar question to ask Christine is "What did you think of Say You Will and Extended Play?"

The answer comes back to both albums and extended play starting out as Lindsey's solo projects that became Fleetwood Mac and related releases. Stevie's songs on Say You Will, at least "Running through the Garden" and "Smile at You", could have been better.
Old 10-19-2020, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Dragon;1261263]A similar question to ask Christine is "What did you think of Say You Will and Extended Play?"

No, Christine would have recorded Say You Will but the band didn’t want her to because she wasn’t going to tour behind it.
Old 10-19-2020, 12:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
A similar question to ask Christine is "What did you think of Say You Will and Extended Play?"

The answer comes back to both albums and extended play starting out as Lindsey's solo projects that became Fleetwood Mac and related releases. Stevie's songs on Say You Will, at least "Running through the Garden" and "Smile at You", could have been better.
Agreed on your broader point, but I'll always support Running Through the Garden. I love how the lyrics are basically Stevie is acknowledging that she's toxic and people should probably avoid her. It's uncharacteristically self-aware of her, especially since it was written in the middle of her coked-out party phase.

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)
Old 10-19-2020, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
Agreed on your broader point, but I'll always support Running Through the Garden. I love how the lyrics are basically Stevie is acknowledging that she's toxic and people should probably avoid her. It's uncharacteristically self-aware of her, especially since it was written in the middle of her coked-out party phase.
Actually I think that she was more self aware during her coked out years than she is now.

Old 10-19-2020, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes but anybody that has a clue of this band and a fan would ask this question.
I have a clue and am a fan of this band and I'm not sure I remember it. I tried to get into it but for the most part I found it fairly forgettable. I think if I hadn't felt Christine was so under used on the Lindsey songs it might have resonated more with me.
Old 10-19-2020, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
Isn't the song supposed to be about the Hawthorne story Rappaccini's Daughter?
Old 10-19-2020, 08:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Isn't the song supposed to be about the Hawthorne story Rappaccini's Daughter?
It definitely is, but I would have a lot of trouble believing that Stevie wasn't projecting herself onto the main character when she wrote the song.

Kinda the same deal Mabel Normand. She's really talking about herself.

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)
Old 10-20-2020, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine did remark on SYW, but not in a detailed manner that would actually interest anyone.