The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-24-2020, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

After today's press conference I really worry for the United States. The UK has it bad. Italy and Spain are in a terrible state. Germany and France aren't in a good place. India and Australia are on the precipice. But the US could be f****d.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 03-25-2020, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I've been into voluntary confinement since a little while before the government officially declared lockdown in my country because I have aged parents. When the worst is gonna come many will tend to just think about themselves; the advice I can give you is: you can only control yourself but in this situation a single person can make the difference, so follow the rules (even if you have opinions), select your informations, use well social media, try to mantain a positive attitude and above all stay human, because the well-being of others depends from yours. We can't overcome this separated. It's gonna be hard but resist, don't lose hope and stay home as much as you can.

P.S. There is historic eveidence that Spanish flu either originated from France or Kansas.
I was wondering about you!! I miss you and wish you and your parents well. I've been in isolation with my 2 cats and going to the office in the weeeee hours of the morning to pick up mail.
Old 03-25-2020, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
After today's press conference I really worry for the United States. The UK has it bad. Italy and Spain are in a terrible state. Germany and France aren't in a good place. India and Australia are on the precipice. But the US could be f****d.
Its all a hoax to bring down dear leader

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-25-2020 at 05:33 PM..
Old 03-26-2020, 12:20 AM
Supporting Ledgie

I'm on Day 1 of four weeks of "lockdown" here in NZ. Crazy, crazy days. Wish all of you peace of mind during these uncertain times.
Old 03-26-2020, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Starting today my job is making me work from home. I actually don’t like this. My computer and desk from home are not up to snuff. Also, I’m not really afraid of this virus. I think it’s total hype and not worth the panic. Obviously the media wants people to panic. They are even criticizing drugs that may help. They don’t want the economy to recover. As far as Italy and countries like that, God only knows what really went on over there versus what the media is telling us. We’ve had deadly viruses than this. The difference is we have a presidential election and the globalist want the United States to have a new president so the U.S. will start footing the bills again. All the media is going to is spread panic.
Old 03-26-2020, 04:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Starting today my job is making me work from home. I actually don’t like this. My computer and desk from home are not up to snuff. Also, I’m not really afraid of this virus. I think it’s total hype and not worth the panic. Obviously the media wants people to panic. They are even criticizing drugs that may help. They don’t want the economy to recover. As far as Italy and countries like that, God only knows what really went on over there versus what the media is telling us. We’ve had deadly viruses than this. The difference is we have a presidential election and the globalist want the United States to have a new president so the U.S. will start footing the bills again. All the media is going to is spread panic.
If you think that the virus is all media hype ....why are you posting in The Stay Well Thread?.
Shouldn’t you start a new thread...”This is just a load of garbage”

Last edited by sue; 03-26-2020 at 04:13 AM.. Reason: Punctuation
Old 03-26-2020, 05:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My daughter and I follow the PE with Joe daily workout.

https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1/videos

Live 30 minute session at 9.00am GMT.

The exercises are quite simple but its pretty knackering after 30 minutes.
Its great for kids but also good for adults like me that haven't done formal exercise for years.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 03-27-2020, 05:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Think positive and positive things will happen.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlNE2o6TxeA

The world needs more of this. Can we do it while social distancing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w5z8wHvMV0

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-27-2020 at 06:02 AM..
Old 03-31-2020, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My best friend thinks he has it.

He's done a virtual checkup, and they told him if things get worse, to go to the hospital.

We were hanging out 2-3 days a week during the beginning of the distancing. Although it's been 8 days since we hung out now. We were supposed to last Friday, but he wasn't feeling well, so we decided against it. He's a very sickly guy, so we cancel stuff at least once a month, because he's always coming down with something. He's only 32, so that's good, but he's sickly, so the young(ish) age might not be the ace in the hole that it is for most.

He won't tell his family that he thinks he has it.

This virus blows. That is all.
Old 04-10-2020, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi hi dear people!!
Hope you're all great and healthy. Please!!
Here in Argentina, things are trying to be quiet but we know there's a long way to walk...We started the quarantine on March 20th, but now it was extended until April 23rd...
What we see on the news is really sad...what is happening in Europe, Asia and the US is terrible!! Hopefully, there's some places where the virus is fought, and there's less deaths. Anyway, the best advice is the same everywhere: Stay at home!!
Regards and love,

Mark.