User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-25-2006, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
I got the jacket yesterday. I just took a few pictures of it this afternoon. It even has the shoulder pads still attached.
Does it give you chills touching it?
Old 05-25-2006, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Does it give you chills touching it?
It sure does. I've worn it around the house a little bit too. I want to be careful. The fabric is tissue thin. It's really pretty thrilling. It's about the closest I'll ever get to my hero.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It sure does. I've worn it around the house a little bit too. I want to be careful. The fabric is tissue thin. It's really pretty thrilling. It's about the closest I'll ever get to my hero.
I'd be afraid to wear it if I were you('course I'm a guy, too!), that I'd rub the magic off of it.
Then again, the previous owner might've worn it alot. If it were mine, I'd frame it, so I could see it when I entered the room(yeah, I know that's not your intention).

I really jealous of you Mary Anne, having something SO personal of Chris'.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I got the jacket yesterday. I just took a few pictures of it this afternoon. It even has the shoulder pads still attached.
Oooohhh-wow! So what is the true color and fabric? It looks small across the waist. Happy to hear it fits you. Isn't it grand to be able to wear such a fabulous garment? It looks like a Margi Kent item. Very cool! Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Laura
Old 05-25-2006, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertangel
Oooohhh-wow! So what is the true color and fabric? It looks small across the waist. Happy to hear it fits you. Isn't it grand to be able to wear such a fabulous garment? It looks like a Margi Kent item. Very cool! Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Laura
I don't know what kind of fabric it is, but it is very, very thin. That's why I had to be extremely careful when I wore it. The eBay seller's picture made it look pink, but the color is definitely red. It also looks red in that picture of Chris wearing it. It IS small across the waist. She must be very skinny around the waist. I'm not overweight myself, but it is slightly small around the waist even for me. The sleeves are also a bit long too since Chris has about 5 or so inches on me. But, all in all it does fit a bit better than I thought it would. The shoulder pads are bit annoying though.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Did it have a couple of cigarette ends in the pocket?

It looks very cool by the way

Gail
Old 05-26-2006, 05:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh
Did it have a couple of cigarette ends in the pocket?
Gail

Actually, the jacket doesn't have any pockets.
Old 05-26-2006, 06:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

cigarette "ends" - I love it! That's one thing I dig about this board... our great friends across the pond. Love reading their posts! In the U.S. we call cigarette ends "butts" - perhaps not the same thing as "arse" though.

Laura
Old 05-26-2006, 07:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
cigarette "ends" - I love it! That's one thing I dig about this board... our great friends across the pond. Love reading their posts! In the U.S. we call cigarette ends "butts" - perhaps not the same thing as "arse" though.

Laura
We call cigarettes "fags" which you may find amusing!

On more than one occasion I've nearly described Christine as having "a glass of wine in one hand and a fag in the other"

Two nations divided by a common language (Oscar Wilde)

Gail
Old 05-26-2006, 07:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't know what kind of fabric it is, but it is very, very thin. That's why I had to be extremely careful when I wore it. The eBay seller's picture made it look pink, but the color is definitely red. It also looks red in that picture of Chris wearing it. It IS small across the waist. She must be very skinny around the waist. I'm not overweight myself, but it is slightly small around the waist even for me. The sleeves are also a bit long too since Chris has about 5 or so inches on me. But, all in all it does fit a bit better than I thought it would. The shoulder pads are bit annoying though.
Yes definitely, Chris is/was a tall skinny one. The sleeves on the top I have are long also. Oh and the shoulder pads.... girl, they could poke an eye out!! So when you store your jacket be sure to use a padded hanger. If you put it in any kind of garment bag (recommended) be sure it is the 100% linen kind so it can breathe... no plastic or the threads will "melt" - check it once or twice a year to be sure the shoulder pads are positioned correctly on the hanger. Once those buggers go cattywumpus the whole thing gets stretched out and crazy. Also, try not to store it next to another garment or at least not where it will get moved around a lot... any friction and the glitter rubs off. There's so much glitter on the outfit I have, I don't worry too much about it. I used to think if I wore it anywhere I'd leave a puddle of glitter in whatever seat I sat in. ... then the bottom would be noticeably devoid of glitter.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

On more than one occasion I've nearly described Christine as having "a glass of wine in one hand and a fag in the other"

Two nations divided by a common language (Oscar Wilde)

Gail
It is funny! I knew that "fags" meant cigarettes, someone told me that one many years ago. I tried to use it in everyday conversation, like when asking for a cigarette, but it didn't go over so well. I love it when you all post using your native words, don't change them! Next time I smoke a cigarette with some friends I'm purposefully going to say "where's the ashtray, I've got to put this cigarette end out" - heh, they probably won't bat an eye.

Laura
Old 05-26-2006, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It is funny! I knew that "fags" meant cigarettes, someone told me that one many years ago. I tried to use it in everyday conversation, like when asking for a cigarette, but it didn't go over so well. I love it when you all post using your native words, don't change them! Next time I smoke a cigarette with some friends I'm purposefully going to say "where's the ashtray, I've got to put this cigarette end out" - heh, they probably won't bat an eye.

Laura
sometimes we call them dog ends!

Gail
Old 05-26-2006, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Gail

Now that is funny. I'm not sure what sort of reaction you'd have gotten here if you'd done that. You would have had to translate it a bit.
Old 05-26-2006, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes definitely, Chris is/was a tall skinny one. The sleeves on the top I have are long also. Oh and the shoulder pads.... girl, they could poke an eye out!! So when you store your jacket be sure to use a padded hanger. If you put it in any kind of garment bag (recommended) be sure it is the 100% linen kind so it can breathe... no plastic or the threads will "melt" - check it once or twice a year to be sure the shoulder pads are positioned correctly on the hanger. Once those buggers go cattywumpus the whole thing gets stretched out and crazy. Also, try not to store it next to another garment or at least not where it will get moved around a lot... any friction and the glitter rubs off. There's so much glitter on the outfit I have, I don't worry too much about it. I used to think if I wore it anywhere I'd leave a puddle of glitter in whatever seat I sat in. ... then the bottom would be noticeably devoid of glitter.
Thanks for the tips. It is on a padded hanger now & I do intend to store it in a garment bag. I had thought about a plastic bag, but I'll go with a 100% linen bag instead. Right now, the jacket has one side of my closet all to itself. I have a pretty big closet, so that shouldn't be a problem. Thanks again for all the tips!