User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-03-2018, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I prefer Lindsey's silence than Mick and Stevie's lies...

According to Mick he wasn't fired and according to Stevie she's not the boss, so why should he talk about something that didn't happen?

No one else besides you think this is odd because the rest of us know there's something called "negotiations".
FM is a big business. My guess is that he was offered some amount of hush money, as a settlement, to not tarnish the name. I mean, more than Old Goat Breath already has.
Old 07-03-2018, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
FM is a big business. My guess is that he was offered some amount of hush money, as a settlement, to not tarnish the name. I mean, more than Old Goat Breath already has.
That's my guess too. And he also probably wants to be back with the band (not that I like the idea), and that's why he's playing nice.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-03-2018, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's my guess too. And he also probably wants to be back with the band (not that I like the idea), and that's why he's playing nice.
He should never go back again. Ever. F*ck them.
Old 07-03-2018, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The band is promoting their next tour, like any other band, they didn't sit with a reporter to talk especifically about Lindsey's firing. And when they did they lied and they shared fake tears. It was tasteless. So, yeah, Lindsey's current silence seems better.

I didn't need KB's comments to know the band was lying.
I don't recall any tears, fake or real, during any of the interviews I saw or read.

Don't you want to hear Lindsey's perspective? I do.
Old 07-03-2018, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The band is promoting their next tour, like any other band, they didn't sit with a reporter to talk especifically about Lindsey's firing. And when they did they lied and they shared fake tears. It was tasteless. So, yeah, Lindsey's current silence seems better.

I didn't need KB's comments to know the band was lying.
AMEN

That interview with Anthony Mason was painful to watch. Probably more painful to have actually been the ones being interviewed though. Christine bore a hole into her fingernails trying to be anywhere but where she actually was. (I think I am in the minority here, but I don't think she should be absolved from her part in this debacle) John looked uncomfortable, and even Stevie was off her game. Mick the master manipulator seemed perfectly at home though....which is likely another topic althogether. It's clear in that interview they were lying thru their capped teeth. ALL OF THEM. The SiriusXM interview further cemented the pinocchio like status of this bunch. We all know the band lied. The truth will come out at some point, it always does with this group--albeit in some convoluted way. I would love to hear from Lindsey--but on his terms, when he's ready. And when he can. I am curious to know if the band really anticipated this level of backlash. Hell, even Neil Finn' s son said in an interview, "Lindsey's fans aren't blaming you" I still wouldn't want to get up there and have to sing his songs. His "GYOW" will fail. And I think he knows that. But he has to sing it, because Mick said it needs to end every concert. Neil and Mike were put in a no win situation with this bunch. And I feel badly for them for it. This is a lose lose situation because a bunch of egomaniacs. I know Richard Dashut said the legacy is in tact, but I actually think it's tarnished here---and tarnished beyond repair.
Old 07-03-2018, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I don't recall any tears, fake or real, during any of the interviews I saw or read.

Don't you want to hear Lindsey's perspective? I do.
But I'm sure you recall the hand holding, and John's face while his hand was being held....

Why would you want to hear Lindsey's perspective right now, I wonder.... What's gonna change for you?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-03-2018, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Or she wasn't there and is going by what Lindsey said. Kind of like what any other spouse would do.
Oh. So your new theory is that the band is telling the truth about why he was fired, but Lindsey lied to his wife about it?

Quote:
I mean, does anyone really expect KB to tweet "yeah, Lindsey wanted to tour the same time as the band, and so they fired him?" Or "Lindsey wanted to postpone the FM tour a year so the band fired him?" Of course not.
Why shouldn't she tweet/post that, if that is the truth?

If she doesn't want to tell the truth, she could always keep silent.

Quote:
Don't you want to hear Lindsey's perspective?
Yes. I hope he tells the story himself one day. Until then, we have the next best thing. It's out there now, no matter how hard some may try to sweep it under the rug.

Last edited by sodascouts; 07-03-2018 at 10:37 PM..
Old 07-03-2018, 11:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie is the only one who said Lindsey wanted to delay the tour, which most of us knew wasn’t true. Show me where anyone else confirmed what she said.

As for Mick, where did he publicly throw Lindsey under the bus? All he said was that there was muscle memory in dealing with Lindsey and that it was like a divorce. As for TMZ, what do people want to hear him say to TMZ? I know what I want him to say, but I can’t say it here. (It starts with “Hey, why don’t you go…” and involves something physically impossible for most of us.)

All Lindsey has said is that a faction of the band lost its perspective. While I don’t expect him to say much beyond that right now, I also wouldn’t expect him to paint himself in a bad light. Like, I can’t imagine him saying “Well, I wanted to do a concurrent tour, the promoters didn’t like that idea, Stevie confronted me about it, we had a huge blowout where I was especially edgy since I wanted to make new music and she didn’t with me, I got sacked, and am now feeding my family with store brand hotdogs and imitation Spaghettios to cover our losses.”

None of us knows what actually happened.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-03-2018, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=SteveMacD;1232068]Stevie is the only one who said Lindsey wanted to delay the tour, which most of us knew wasn’t true. Show me where anyone else confirmed what she said.

Anyone else excited to see how she digs her way out of this little "fabrication". I sort of am....Not gonna lie. You know she will try. And it will be funny to see how it unwinds.
Old 07-03-2018, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Storms123;1232069]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Stevie is the only one who said Lindsey wanted to delay the tour, which most of us knew wasn’t true. Show me where anyone else confirmed what she said.

Anyone else excited to see how she digs her way out of this little "fabrication". I sort of am....Not gonna lie. You know she will try. And it will be funny to see how it unwinds.
She will lie like she always does, expecting us to believe it. But just because she's a DELUSIONAL IDIOT, doesn't mean that we are.

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 07-04-2018 at 12:07 AM..
Old 07-03-2018, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
In the CBS interview segment, when she says it, no one looks surprised or confused. They all continue to discuss the situation. It's ridiculous to say that no one else "confirmed" her lie simply because they all didn't repeat, one by one, "Yes, I confirm that is what happened."

But if you truly believe it only counts if he says it himself, then Mick says Lindsey wanted to delay the tour in this interview: https://player.fm/series/rolling-sto...-fleetwood-mac

Last edited by sodascouts; 07-03-2018 at 11:41 PM..
Old 07-04-2018, 05:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I saw Richard's post. Whether he has inside info or it's just his thoughts, it sounds like the problem was indeed Stevie and Lindsey and Stevie exerted her power over Lindsey and won. What a shame. I've lost some love I had for Stevie over this.
i've lost ALL the love i have for stevie over this
like...i don't think i could ever forgive her or get past this
i get angry about it all over again whenever it's mentioned
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I think she'll be trying very, very hard not to bring him up. It'll be interesting to see when she breaks!
i give her THREE shows. max 5

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 07-04-2018 at 05:53 AM..
Old 07-04-2018, 06:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
All Lindsey has said is that a faction of the band lost its perspective. While I don’t expect him to say much beyond that right now, I also wouldn’t expect him to paint himself in a bad light. Like, I can’t imagine him saying “Well, I wanted to do a concurrent tour, the promoters didn’t like that idea, Stevie confronted me about it, we had a huge blowout where I was especially edgy since I wanted to make new music and she didn’t with me, I got sacked, and am now feeding my family with store brand hotdogs and imitation Spaghettios to cover our losses.”

None of us knows what actually happened.
Bingo! That is exactly what I think happened, and that is exactly why I think Lindsey hasn't given his side of the story. You said it better than I could have. People have said Lindsey has been silent because he doesn't do a lot of press or social media, may have been paid money, or is taking the high road. Another theory is just what SteveMacD said. It is a possibility. I agree none of us knows what actually happened... but since Lindsey has remained silent, I accept FM's explanation.

This isn't a sudden revelation for me... I was happy to give Lindsey some time to tell his story. But it's been months and he still hasn't let the fans know his side of what happened, so yeah, to me his silence gives the FM story credibility. And I'm not saying that would make FM right in this situation for firing Lindsey. I am saying it puts the split in a different light. If Lindsey wanted a concurrent tour, it could and should have been worked out, but if one side wouldn't budge, then I could see why he was fired.

The one thing I disagree with is the part about Spaghettios and hot dogs- imitation caviar, perhaps, but not imitation Spaghettios LOL!
Old 07-04-2018, 06:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Bingo! That is exactly what I think happened, and that is exactly why I think Lindsey hasn't given his side of the story. You said it better than I could have. People have said Lindsey has been silent because he doesn't do a lot of press or social media, may have been paid money, or is taking the high road. Another theory is just what SteveMacD said. It is a possibility. I agree none of us knows what actually happened... but since Lindsey has remained silent, I accept FM's explanation.

This isn't a sudden revelation for me... I was happy to give Lindsey some time to tell his story. But it's been months and he still hasn't let the fans know his side of what happened, so yeah, to me his silence gives the FM story credibility. And I'm not saying that would make FM right in this situation for firing Lindsey. I am saying it puts the split in a different light. If Lindsey wanted a concurrent tour, it could and should have been worked out, but if one side wouldn't budge, then I could see why he was fired.

The one thing I disagree with is the part about Spaghettios and hot dogs- imitation caviar, perhaps, but not imitation Spaghettios LOL!
(Respectfully BBM)

You are then surmising that the only possibility why Lindsey could be silent on the matter, indicates that he is guilty only.
I will respectfully bring to the fore some other reasons for the silence -- if you find that possible reasons of human decency, ethics, moving on and focusing on the future are NOT valid enough and the world is owed more from him and he should give a statement, there are the very real and plausible possibilities that there are legal and contractual reasons he is not giving any statements for now. I am 95% certain that a sudden firing such as this is tying up some time and space and resources in California courts, with agents, managements, and all their personal cooperations involved in the mess.

It might then be years before that web would get untangled and Lindsey Buckingham and his side would be allowed to comment. Or, even then, there might be a non-disclosure agreement, in which Lindsey's side, bought off, for an extra concession or sum, agrees to not speak of the issue again. Trade off for the other ( Mick and Stevie) side then being of course: -- the issue fading from public view but, more importantly, never openly being contradicted, therefor to some , like is happening here with you, " It must be true cause no one ever said otherwise, and because he is silent he must be guilty".

To Lindsey, the money or whatever legal agreement or perk would be offered in exchange for this, may matter more than our opinion.
So the chance is very very real that we will never hear a statement from Lindsey Buckingham's side at all.

Just saying.

Old 07-04-2018, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
(Respectfully BBM)

You are then surmising that the only possibility why Lindsey could be silent on the matter, indicates that he is guilty only.
I will respectfully bring to the fore some other reasons for the silence -- if you find that possible reasons of human decency, ethics, moving on and focusing on the future are NOT valid enough and the world is owed more from him and he should give a statement, there are the very real and plausible possibilities that there are legal and contractual reasons he is not giving any statements for now. I am 95% certain that a sudden firing such as this is tying up some time and space and resources in California courts, with agents, managements, and all their personal cooperations involved in the mess.

It might then be years before that web would get untangled and Lindsey Buckingham and his side would be allowed to comment. Or, even then, there might be a non-disclosure agreement, in which Lindsey's side, bought off, for an extra concession or sum, agrees to not speak of the issue again. Trade off for the other ( Mick and Stevie) side then being of course: -- the issue fading from public view but, more importantly, never openly being contradicted, therefor to some , like is happening here with you, " It must be true cause no one ever said otherwise, and because he is silent he must be guilty".

To Lindsey, the money or whatever legal agreement or perk would be offered in exchange for this, may matter more than our opinion.
So the chance is very very real that we will never hear a statement from Lindsey Buckingham's side at all.

Just saying.
Absolutely!! I agree with you, Sasja.

Bwboy, Lindsey has NEVER spoken about these things. He’s always been quiet and doesn’t get into the muck ever. Why would now be any different? It’s just not his style and I’m not surprised. I always hope he will say something, but haven’t held my breath. So by stating that he’s done something because he hasn’t spoken, makes no sense.

Why would his wife come out and repeatedly say the same thing, if it wasn’t true? ESP if the band could prove it wrong in some way. But her story hasn’t changed and no one has proven HER wrong.