User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-24-2018, 01:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Obviously my opinion only and as it was stated, beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder; but I've always thought that hippie Lindsey looked like he needed a bath.
I always thought that despite the hair he always looked clean and well groomed......Mick in this period however was the one that was in certain need of a bath
Old 06-24-2018, 01:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Please. On the cover of Buckingham McVie he seems to have a vagina.
That's actually pretty funny
Old 06-24-2018, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
I always thought that despite the hair he always looked clean and well groomed......Mick in this period however was the one that was in certain need of a bath
IA I thought he looked clean. But I know a lot of people just aren't into that super hairy look. Lindsey's always been super well groomed tbh save for the early 80s, where he kinda looked like a mess. He still looked good but just kinda messy.

Mick always looked like he was in need of a shower. And after hearing some of the stories about him, it's probably because he actually was.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
You need glasses! The man's fathered three children! It works! That's the BIG DEAL!!!!
Wow this thread really is a revelation!
Old 06-25-2018, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Maybe he was following Stevie's advice.
I love those Bonnie Doon tights.
Old 06-26-2018, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Just watching some bitter old troll, who has to comment on everything I say.

But I don't mean you. Some OTHER bitter, old troll.
Hey!!! that's not very nice!!! . I'm old and a troll.. just not bitter..
Old 06-26-2018, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Hey!!! that's not very nice!!! . I'm old and a troll.. just not bitter..
You're my favorite troll, John Boy.
Old 06-26-2018, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Please. On the cover of Buckingham McVie he seems to have a vagina.
Hahaha!! Mitzo... we agree again!!

Like a grapefruit vagina!!
Old 06-26-2018, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Well holy schnieckies, color me vulva!
Old 06-30-2018, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Wow this thread really is a revelation!
And I thought I was stating the obvious.....
Old 06-30-2018, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I know... it's so awful! The suckage is strong with this one!
The story behind "I Don't Care", if you care. And Robert, Jimmy, and John Paul, if you're watching, please give Stevie a shout out!!!!

Old 07-07-2018, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

See a grapefruit here? buckinghammcvie.jpg
Old 07-28-2018, 07:16 AM
SisterNightroad
This message has been deleted by SisterNightroad.
Old 07-28-2018, 07:21 AM

Whitney: All hail nostalgia rock, the source of middle-aged mayhem

If you’re easily startled or around small children, be careful with what I’m about to tell you. My plan is to just put it all out there and deal with the consequences later.

So here goes: I’m buying tickets to see Fleetwood Mac at the Premier Center.

Hello? Are you still there?

I know what you’re thinking. This is a band that hasn’t put out a relevant album in 30 years and embarked on this tour without artistic leader Lindsey Buckingham. Tickets cost more than the asking price for Badlands Pawn and the main attraction is 70-year-old Stevie Nicks, who is a long way from the edge of seventeen.

But I’ll be there through the encores, just like I’ve dutifully attended concerts by Paul McCartney, Elton John, Paul Simon, the Eagles and Bob Seger since the Denny opened in 2014. I’ve traveled to other venues to see the Rolling Stones, Billy Joel, Tom Petty, Bob Dylan and the Grateful Dead, to name a few.

This “nostalgia rock” genre is derided by self-appointed arbiters of musical purity, many of whom are friends or colleagues. They sneer at the cash grab from fading artists and the craven consumerism of middle-age attendees, who gleefully flood Facebook with stage-lit selfies.

(Full disclosure: Premier Center general manager Terry Torkildson scolded me on Twitter during the Eagles show for taking too many pictures.)

The purists absorb live music in darkened clubs with artisanal beer and a cover charge, watching emerging artists perform while nodding sagely at between-songs banter. To be quite honest, that was me once and it’s one of the coolest things in the world.

But life moves on. My children, willing to tolerate "Dad's music" in their youth, morphed into pop music maestros, sending my car’s soundtrack careening from “Won’t Get Fooled Again” to the Hits 1 rotation on Sirius XM.

“Doesn’t anyone play instruments anymore?” I’d ask rhetorically, in between the Weeknd singing something about the weekend. When my son wondered one day if Elvis Presley was a member of the Beatles, I started pondering all the wrong turns my life had taken.

Then I reached an epiphany: We should approach musical preferences the same as religion. If it makes you feel good and you’re not trying to force it on other people, rock on. It’s the overbearing spreading of one's gospel that makes things messy.

Music can’t unlock heaven, but it offers a stairway. It reawakens our youth, sparking flashes of recognition. As a Detroit native, the guitar intro to Seger’s “Night Moves” summons memories for me of high school mischief, a connection that might seem silly to those from a different sphere.

My wife and I chose the Beatles song “In My Life” as the first dance at our wedding reception. We wanted it for our church ceremony, but it was rejected because John Lennon refers to “all these friends and lovers” in a passage someone found immoral.

Every time we hear it, our eyes meet and we’re back in a Holiday Inn City Centre ballroom, encircled by well-wishers as we go for a twirl.

Sometimes the most enduring memories come from concerts themselves:

-- Standing 10 feet away from Mick Jagger as he shakes his hips on an auxiliary stage as the Stones slay Winnipeg’s Blue Bomber Stadium.

-- Seeing Jackson Browne grab his guitar to perform “Jamaica Say You Will” after I called out the request at the Washington Pavilion.

-- Walking among the human sprawl at Canterbury Park near Minneapolis for a double bill of Bob Dylan and Paul Simon, with a slightly confused Dylan botching the shared encore.

-- Soaking in the vibe at Soldier Field as the Grateful Dead take the stage at sunset, keeping everyone in their thrall until Chicago police in riot gear clear out the parking lot at midnight.

If these nods to nostalgia make me more dinosaur than Dinosaur Jr., I can live with that. Watching Elton John belt out “Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters” in Sioux Falls was like a night at CBGB for me.

Besides, knowing and appreciating the history of rock music is part of the appeal.

Classic Rock 101 tells us how Yoko Ono’s presence fractured the Beatles’ “Let It Be” sessions; how the Stones infamously hired Hells Angels as security at Altamont and paid them in beer; how Dylan went electric at the Newport Jazz Festival; and how hard-drinking Who drummer Keith Moon drove his Lincoln Continental into a hotel swimming pool.

I’ll approach Fleetwood Mac with the same fascination (Mick Fleetwood hates Lindsey Buckingham! The song ‘Landslide’ is about drugs! Christine McVie has daddy issues!) as we await the band’s Oct. 24 appearance.

I’ll apologize to friends such as Jeff Zueger, who runs the White Wall Sessions, and Bob Keyes, former Argus Leader music critic, for my shameless adherence to the past.

But there’s only so much you can do, right? Time makes you bolder, even children get older, and I’m getting older too.

https://eu.argusleader.com/story/new...ger/844828002/
Old 07-28-2018, 08:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Whitney: All hail nostalgia rock, the source of middle-aged mayhem

If you’re easily startled or around small children, be careful with what I’m about to tell you. My plan is to just put it all out there and deal with the consequences later.

So here goes: I’m buying tickets to see Fleetwood Mac at the Premier Center.

Hello? Are you still there?

I know what you’re thinking. This is a band that hasn’t put out a relevant album in 30 years and embarked on this tour without artistic leader Lindsey Buckingham. Tickets cost more than the asking price for Badlands Pawn and the main attraction is 70-year-old Stevie Nicks, who is a long way from the edge of seventeen.

But I’ll be there through the encores, just like I’ve dutifully attended concerts by Paul McCartney, Elton John, Paul Simon, the Eagles and Bob Seger since the Denny opened in 2014. I’ve traveled to other venues to see the Rolling Stones, Billy Joel, Tom Petty, Bob Dylan and the Grateful Dead, to name a few.

This “nostalgia rock” genre is derided by self-appointed arbiters of musical purity, many of whom are friends or colleagues. They sneer at the cash grab from fading artists and the craven consumerism of middle-age attendees, who gleefully flood Facebook with stage-lit selfies.

(Full disclosure: Premier Center general manager Terry Torkildson scolded me on Twitter during the Eagles show for taking too many pictures.)

The purists absorb live music in darkened clubs with artisanal beer and a cover charge, watching emerging artists perform while nodding sagely at between-songs banter. To be quite honest, that was me once and it’s one of the coolest things in the world.

But life moves on. My children, willing to tolerate "Dad's music" in their youth, morphed into pop music maestros, sending my car’s soundtrack careening from “Won’t Get Fooled Again” to the Hits 1 rotation on Sirius XM.

“Doesn’t anyone play instruments anymore?” I’d ask rhetorically, in between the Weeknd singing something about the weekend. When my son wondered one day if Elvis Presley was a member of the Beatles, I started pondering all the wrong turns my life had taken.

Then I reached an epiphany: We should approach musical preferences the same as religion. If it makes you feel good and you’re not trying to force it on other people, rock on. It’s the overbearing spreading of one's gospel that makes things messy.

Music can’t unlock heaven, but it offers a stairway. It reawakens our youth, sparking flashes of recognition. As a Detroit native, the guitar intro to Seger’s “Night Moves” summons memories for me of high school mischief, a connection that might seem silly to those from a different sphere.

My wife and I chose the Beatles song “In My Life” as the first dance at our wedding reception. We wanted it for our church ceremony, but it was rejected because John Lennon refers to “all these friends and lovers” in a passage someone found immoral.

Every time we hear it, our eyes meet and we’re back in a Holiday Inn City Centre ballroom, encircled by well-wishers as we go for a twirl.

Sometimes the most enduring memories come from concerts themselves:

-- Standing 10 feet away from Mick Jagger as he shakes his hips on an auxiliary stage as the Stones slay Winnipeg’s Blue Bomber Stadium.

-- Seeing Jackson Browne grab his guitar to perform “Jamaica Say You Will” after I called out the request at the Washington Pavilion.

-- Walking among the human sprawl at Canterbury Park near Minneapolis for a double bill of Bob Dylan and Paul Simon, with a slightly confused Dylan botching the shared encore.

-- Soaking in the vibe at Soldier Field as the Grateful Dead take the stage at sunset, keeping everyone in their thrall until Chicago police in riot gear clear out the parking lot at midnight.

If these nods to nostalgia make me more dinosaur than Dinosaur Jr., I can live with that. Watching Elton John belt out “Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters” in Sioux Falls was like a night at CBGB for me.

Besides, knowing and appreciating the history of rock music is part of the appeal.

Classic Rock 101 tells us how Yoko Ono’s presence fractured the Beatles’ “Let It Be” sessions; how the Stones infamously hired Hells Angels as security at Altamont and paid them in beer; how Dylan went electric at the Newport Jazz Festival; and how hard-drinking Who drummer Keith Moon drove his Lincoln Continental into a hotel swimming pool.

I’ll approach Fleetwood Mac with the same fascination (Mick Fleetwood hates Lindsey Buckingham! The song ‘Landslide’ is about drugs! Christine McVie has daddy issues!) as we await the band’s Oct. 24 appearance.

I’ll apologize to friends such as Jeff Zueger, who runs the White Wall Sessions, and Bob Keyes, former Argus Leader music critic, for my shameless adherence to the past.

But there’s only so much you can do, right? Time makes you bolder, even children get older, and I’m getting older too.

https://eu.argusleader.com/story/new...ger/844828002/
Awesome location, the old stadium. My grandfather was president of the Bombers when it was built. So much character.