Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-18-2010, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

*Ish too embarassed to comment on above posts*
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post
Yeah, as opposed to the South Park Goat thing... I think she did say even she laughed about that
I'm glad she took that in good humour because I worried about her feelings when it was aired.

Does anybody out there know why Lindsey wasn't depicted in the episode? Was it to do with his abscence? Was he in it and I'm just blind lol.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post

I'm glad she took that in good humour because I worried about her feelings when it was aired.

Does anybody out there know why Lindsey wasn't depicted in the episode? Was it to do with his abscence? Was he in it and I'm just blind lol.
Ohhh, I figured the guy in purple is Lindsey. It's not? ..oh wait, I guess the hair is kinda off.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post

I think they just targeted Stevie because the creators just hate her for some reason. Sad.

They do show the other 4 members of Fleetwood Mac with "Stevie" singing something that sounds like EO17 at the end though

Old 12-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Registered

^^TerraRhiannon, I don't think she has ever commented about the South Park episode. Anyone who knows that she did comment, please share it. Terra, I am not saying you are lying, maybe you heard it somewhere, so please don't take offense. I just never heard a word from her about it.
The timing was bad for her, I think, to appreciate the parody that South Park did. "TISL" was a new or recent release, she was proud of it, and having her singing mocked wasn't a way for any young people who saw the episode to feel it was 'cool' to buy the new cd. It definitely did not help TISL.
I'm not saying the 'South Park' episode was humorous or not humorous, I am just saying that to my knowledge, SN never commented about it.

Last edited by Nikolaj; 12-18-2010 at 04:17 PM..
Old 12-18-2010, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
^TerraRhiannon, I don't think she has ever commented about the South Park episode. Anyone who knows that she did comment, please share it. Terra, I am not saying you are lying, maybe you heard it somewhere, so please don't take offense. I just never heard a word from her about it.
The timing was bad for her, I think, to appreciate the parody that South Park did. "TISL" was a new or recent release, she was proud of it, and having her singing mocked wasn't a way for any young people who saw the episode to feel it was 'cool' to buy the new cd. It definitely did not help TISL.
I'm not saying the 'South Park' episode was humorous or not humorous, I am just saying that to my knowledge, SN never commented about it.
Ah, okay. I swear to buddah I read that she commented on it somewhere, though. I've spent way to much time reading articles and YouTube vids on Stevie that it would make your head spin. I didn't mean to post false information, and if it is false, I apologize. I found the goat thing funny, but on the flip side, the cocaine thing, not so much.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:55 PM
Registered

Memory just kicked in, such as it is. TISL was released in May, 2001, and the South Park episode aired in September, 2001. So, the sales likely weren't affected much by the 'goat voice' comparison but I don't think it helped her a bit, either. She didn't get the multiple Grammy nominations she hoped for, just one. Her nomination was for Best Rock Vocal for 'Planets Of The Universe', I believe. She didn't win. Maybe Grammy voters were influenced by the goat parody, or not. It didn't help. I thought she deserved that Grammy.

Last edited by Nikolaj; 12-18-2010 at 01:01 PM..
Old 12-18-2010, 01:09 PM
Registered

Default Sorry, Meowi.

Meowi, it only just now occured to me that I have written too much in a thread that you originated in which I went off on tangents that had nothing to do with your idea.
I am sorry. I will refrain from doing so, exactly now, should you wish to continue with your original idea.
I hope that I didn't ruin your thread for you.
Please take the control you deserve of this thread and of your idea back, or start a new thread. Either way, I'll stay the ef out of it. Honestly.

Last edited by Nikolaj; 12-18-2010 at 04:26 PM..
Old 12-18-2010, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

witch video?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
SuperFleetwood, your expressed appreciation of 'that' animated 'Has anyone else seen this?' video about 'that' rumour about SN could cost you votes amongst her most loyal fans. Your high-def videos are awesome, most defintely! Thank You.
No-one should care, but secretly (no longer a secret) I always think less of Ledgies who believe 'that' rumour, even those whom I otherwise like- I think it reveals more about them, than anything else. It's cynical and ugly and there has never been one shred of evidence, any more than the Rod Stewart or Richard Gere stories. I knew a creepy, uncredible guy who said he was in the emergency room at Cedar's when Gere was there, as if that would make the story true. A lie is a lie.
In my opinion, and I feel certain, also, the fact is that it just did not happen. Not the Stevie story, nor the Rod Stewart and Richard Gere stories.
It is mean-spirited folklore, and I feel that way for reasons beyond believing SN when she says that it didn't happen.
I was in LA in the 80's when that story began circulating, I knew it was bullsh*t then, and I know it, now. A girl drunk off her ass told me the story, she heard it at The Rainbow on Sunset, from an equally blitzed guy.
The myth is a hurtful thorn in SN's side, and that isn't funny, in my opinion.

SuperFleetwood
www.youtube.com/SuperFleetwoodMac (Watch Rare HQ Fleetwood Mac Videos) And youtube.com/thesuperfleetwood
Old 12-18-2010, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFleetwood View Post
witch video?
Sorry, I don't if I'm the only one that got the pun here.

Just so everyone's clear, I don't think Stevie is a witch.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

She's told us enough times that she isn't, so I believe her whole heartedly. I just believe that she's an intensely spiritual person. Maybe she dabbles in Palmistry or something as a hobby (I'm only summising as I've never heard of her doing so, but it would fit if she did). Anyway, it's not for us to judge whatever she gets up to in her personal life, as long as it's lawful and moral. Having said that, nobody really judged about the three ingredients to a musical lifestyle hehe.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i was trying to say, which video! uggh damn typo fixer! lol!

Quote:

SuperFleetwood
www.youtube.com/SuperFleetwoodMac (Watch Rare HQ Fleetwood Mac Videos) And youtube.com/thesuperfleetwood
Old 12-18-2010, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFleetwood View Post
witch video?
THIS video!

Since Nikolaj expressed his disdain of those who think the coke-up-bum rumor is true and/or funny, I'll put in my two cents about it. Those who are so mortally offended by it are just way, *WAY* too uptight for their own good. Seriously, nobody here is a personal friend or relative of Stevie Nicks, and in turn, nobody has a right to be offended. Stevie's just this wacky lady we all follow through the media. And I'll say it again for the 1,000th time: the rumor is absolutely plausible. The woman did so much coke she burned a hole through her septum the size of a nickel. She did coke EVERY TEN MINUTES when she was conscious during the height of her addiction. We're talking about a desperate, horribly addicted person. A woman who squandered millions to support her drug habit. This is a woman who used abortion as a method of birth control while in the throws of addiction. Of course if Stevie were told by a doctor that she was going to die of a brain hemorrhage if she continued to do coke, she'd find another way to get high.

Those who are in denial of the Stevie coke-up-bum rumor really have never been around anyone before who has addiction issues. People who are addicted to substances do absolutely horrible things to themselves and those around them in the name of getting high. Most prostitutes got into that line of business to support their addictions. The overwhelming majority of homeless became that way because they are addicts. Addicts sell everything of sentiment and value they own just to get high. They throw their careers and loved ones under a bus just to get high. Seriously, Stevie getting cocaine blown up her @ss is pretty minor compared to the things I've seen addicts do in my lifetime. And I say MY lifetime because I come from a family of addicts, though thankfully I was spared from that fate myself.

So seriously, those who have a problem with the coke-up-bum rumor need to get over their own denial and issues, because stuff like this really goes on every single day. Addicted people really do put drugs up their bums to get high. Why? Because apparently it hits your system much quicker, and with far greater effect than oral or nasal ingestion. It's also a way to do drugs without leaving physical effects which are easily seen by those around you. Addicted people do crazy, crazy things. If all Stevie Nicks did was get cocaine blown up her butt, she's really not that bad off at all...

Rant over.

Last edited by louielouie2000; 12-18-2010 at 09:27 PM..
Old 12-18-2010, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OK guys...
Back too topic.

Signatures are sorted out.
Voting has also commenced.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowi View Post
OK guys...
Back too topic.

Signatures are sorted out.
Voting has also commenced.
Wait, when are we voting? What are the exact awards?

You can add me on Facebook
Old 12-19-2010, 01:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Voting has now commenced
Please refer to the first page in the thread for the list

After, please PM me the list - with the corresponding names next to it
It would be appreciated if everyone could send me their votes for every award in the one PM

Eg.
Man of the Mac Award: John Brown
Woman of the Mac: Mary Smith