Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-07-2016, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
When talking to Mick at a meet and greet, he commented that the person who has weathered the best, talent wise, was Lindsey. He said that it always amazes him how Lindsey can be on stage 100% of the time during the concerts, never take a break for long, and keep on "screaming at the top of his lungs, and keep his voice intact." I think those were his exact words. Maybe this last tour was just too much for the guy though?
I have to agree. I brought a friend to one of the shows and the highlight of the show for him was watching LB. Amazing energy.
Old 01-07-2016, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey's no spring chicken but I think this tour caught up with him. To be fair, a lot of his vocal work is 'shouty' so I can understand why he struggled. Christine started dodgy and then got better and better until the end of the Eurpean tour. Dont forget, they cancelled a couple of UK shows due to her voice problems and her singing at the Isle of Wight festival sounded quite poor. She was back on song for the London show I caught and it seems her voice for the Aus/NZ tour was great too.

Album:
I had to go back and look at the confirmed song titles; Carnival Begin, Red Sun and Too Far Gone.

If anyone is aware of any others I'd love to know.
Old 01-07-2016, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Stevie was not pitchy at all. But, she only sings 4 notes.
I owe you a drink. Or 50!
Old 01-07-2016, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I owe you a drink. Or 50!
Well, it's true.
Old 01-08-2016, 01:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This will either be the best thing we've been dreaming for for years, or the saddest money grab since the last time an ancient band ran out of fuel. I hope for a Say You Will with some Christine added.

(I haven't posted in ages but a certain Chris alerted me to a new album)
Old 01-08-2016, 08:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilthefirefades View Post
This will either be the best thing we've been dreaming for for years, or the saddest money grab since the last time an ancient band ran out of fuel. I hope for a Say You Will with some Christine added.

Oh come on now. With the record industry today there is no money grab with a studio album. But I'm with you....I still have to pinch myself we are going to hear Christine McVie new songs! Say You Will is a pretty high standard. I just cant wait to hear Christine on every song or at least her influence on every song.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilthefirefades View Post

First of all, it's fantastic to see you posting again!

But yeah, I pretty much agree. However, I don't hold any hope of a new album being artistically palatable the way Say You Will was. Lindsey is steering the ship, and the songs he has released since Seeds We Sow have been middle of the road garbage. If you haven't heard Fleetwood Mac's Extended Play or his songs from the This is 40 soundtrack, do look them up. I think Lindsey is trying so hard to be mainstream in order to appeal to Stevie that he's totally lost his muse. With Christine being the poster child for inoffensive pop music, and Lindsey and Stevie racing to the middle of that road as well over the past decade, I just don't see how anything Fleetwood Mac might come up with could have any teeth. It'll all be one giant inoffensive compromise so they can pull off working together one last time.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:38 AM
Registered

you'd think they'd make this list (maybe bump gwen stefani or mr kardashian)

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/li...-2016-20160106
Old 01-08-2016, 09:56 AM

^^^ Radiohead.. I like them..
Old 01-08-2016, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
But yeah, I pretty much agree. However, I don't hold any hope of a new album being artistically palatable the way Say You Will was. Lindsey is steering the ship, and the songs he has released since Seeds We Sow have been middle of the road garbage. If you haven't heard Fleetwood Mac's Extended Play or his songs from the This is 40 soundtrack, do look them up. I think Lindsey is trying so hard to be mainstream in order to appeal to Stevie that he's totally lost his muse. With Christine being the poster child for inoffensive pop music, and Lindsey and Stevie racing to the middle of that road as well over the past decade, I just don't see how anything Fleetwood Mac might come up with could have any teeth. It'll all be one giant inoffensive compromise so they can pull off working together one last time.
Word.

I do wish it weren't going to be this way, though. It might sound redundant, but I want Tusk 2.0, but recorded with the foresight that *this is it*. I would hope that recording a final album would be cause for adventure, for unconventional material, for abandoning the formula.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case

Last edited by KarmaContestant; 01-08-2016 at 04:36 PM..
Old 01-08-2016, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
Word.

I do wish it weren't going to be this way, though. It might sounds redundant, but I want Tusk 2.0, but recorded with the foresight that *this is it*. I would hope that recording a final album would be cause for adventure, for unconventional material, for abandoning the formula.
My sentiments exactly. I loved Tusk so much for those exact reasons: it truly showcased just how divergent the 3 songwriters were. It showcased all of their strengths, and juxtaposed how different those were from each other. Yet because of the amount of material from each songwriter, it all somehow hung together. The musical waves would swell, break, recede, and repeat; it wasn't a consistently flowing stream of similar songs. Much more like a movie than a painting, even.

That's what I'd love to hear in a new album, too. Lindsey's sonic quirkiness contrasted with Christine's pop goodness, injected with Stevie's airy fairyness. I think Say You Will was born of that same motive, but because of Christine's absence, suddenly Lindsey and Stevie found themselves trying to fill the accessible-pop role. Lindsey recorded What's the World Coming To; and Stevie submitted Say You Will. They both need to vacate that patch of real estate for a new album, and hand those keys back to it's queen, Christine.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
you'd think they'd make this list (maybe bump gwen stefani or mr kardashian)

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/li...-2016-20160106
lol. they were among 5 or 10 most anticipated albums several times in the last few years. guess people finally gave up on them.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-08-2016, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

From one of my anons on Tumblr. Thought I'd pass it on:
Hey I was the person in Maui asking about how to meet Mick! Well he had a meet and greet and I went and he's honestly such a nice guy. We talked for about 10 minutes and he told me that I should expect them to be on the road in about 18 months. He said that they were working on new music but as we know Stevie might not take part in it... Anyways not really a scoop but I wanted to share my experience!

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 01-09-2016, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Hey I was the person in Maui asking about how to meet Mick! Well he had a meet and greet and I went and he's honestly such a nice guy. We talked for about 10 minutes and he told me that I should expect them to be on the road in about 18 months. He said that they were working on new music but as we know Stevie might not take part in it... Anyways not really a scoop but I wanted to share my experience!
So, I take from this they plan to take their new music on the road, but knowing them... Michele
Old 01-09-2016, 03:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Feeling a bit deflated. 18 months is a long time. Not that I am desperate for another tour but I can't see them releasing music without a tour on the horizon. It's looking like the album being released in the first part of 2017. 'Much to come in 2016' ...I can't really see what band-related stuff could happen this year apart from more 4-piece recording of an album that's already largely done.
Everytime there#s reason to be a bit excited about a snippet of information something else comes along and puts a damper on it.