User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWILDheart View Post
I'm not saying that anybody shouldn't post anywhere, I only asked the question. To me, posting in a Fleetwood Mac Rumours-era message board when you're only a fan of 1/3 of it's music seemed a bit like getting a pet cat when you're allergic to fur.
She said she's posting here because she's a fan of LB's FM music and this is the appropriate forum to discuss that music. Makes sense to me. I think if we were to run the numbers, Lindsey's songs would account for more than 1/3 of the Rumours era music.

And I hate Gypsy as well.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Love In Store vs BL
Can't Go Back vs SW
That's Alright vs Everywhere (sooo tough!)
Book of Love vs Caroline
Gypsy vs TITN
Only Over You vs Mystified
Empire State vs Little Lies
Straight Back vs Family Man
Hold Me vs WTTRS
Oh Diane vs IIM (another difficult choice)
EOTW vs WISYA
WYWH vs Y&I ii

Mirage 8, Tango 4.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, because as I said I am a Fleetwood Mac fan. But Elle categorically stated that she was NOT a fan of Fleetwood Mac, hence I was wondering why she would want to post in a forum dedicated to the music of the band which, in her own words, she is not a fan of.
you know, i wonder whether we actually have a difference in opinion of what a FM fan is?

do you like PG era? THAT is really FM to me, frankly. although i only know hits from that era (and i'm not talking about US hits), i think among that whole FM bunch, there's no doubt this guy is (or at least used to be) an extremely talented genius. in the little time he was active he wrote some of the most timeless songs ever. (imo)

re the 80s, i lived in Europe and what i loved and listened to at the time was so-called "alternative" music (in the US most of that kind of music didn't seem to penetrate before 90s much). i guess it was outgrowth of late 70s new wave and punk? idk. so yeah 80s FM was definitely and still is not my thing.

about Gypsy - LB has stated numerous times that is a song on which he's the most proud of his work. still doesn't mean i need to like it just b/c everybody (whatever that means lol) else including LB thinks it's great, no?

now re being an FM *fan* vs a fan of an individual artist who is a part of FM, maybe we should have a thread in this forum where each one of us lists how many songs from our non-favorite Rumours era songwriter we actually LOVE, and then see where we actually stand?

so which non-SN FM songs do you love, TheWILDheart?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-05-2013, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
She said she's posting here because she's a fan of LB's FM music and this is the appropriate forum to discuss that music. Makes sense to me. I think if we were to run the numbers, Lindsey's songs would account for more than 1/3 of the Rumours era music.

And I hate Gypsy as well.
lol! but that cannot be?!

re number of songs yeah with 9 Tusk songs and all those SYW songs... definitely more than a 1/3 of Rumours era songs.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueletter18 View Post
Oh Diane vs IIM (another difficult choice)
Oh my goodness another person!
Old 03-05-2013, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you know, i wonder whether we actually have a difference in opinion of what a FM fan is?

do you like PG era? THAT is really FM to me, frankly. although i only know hits from that era (and i'm not talking about US hits), i think among that whole FM bunch, there's no doubt this guy is (or at least used to be) an extremely talented genius. in the little time he was active he wrote some of the most timeless songs ever. (imo)
I couldn't agree more, and of course without Peter Green, the Fleetwood Mac that went on to be one of the biggest selling bands in the world would not exist. However, I am (generally speaking) not a blues fan. I also prefer female singers (not sure why!), but that doesn't mean I don't absolutely adore a lot of Lindsey's FM stuff.

I may have miss-understood or miss-read what you posted, but it came across that you weren't a fan of Fleetwood Mac at all. At least, not the Rumours line up. And it struck me as being a little odd that someone who is not a fan of the music of this line up would be posting in a board dedicated too it. I wouldn't and don't post in the Lindsey board, because I a. don't know enough about his solo music to really contribute and b. don't like any of it anyway, so it doesn't interest me.

Quote:
so which non-SN FM songs do you love, TheWILDheart?
I like most of the BN era stuff and some of the earlier stuff, although I've not heard all the albums. I've picked a selection below:

Green Manalishi
Hypnotized
Why
Spare Me A Little Of Your Love
Sentimental Lady
Remember Me
Emerald Eyes
Monday Morning
Blue Letter
Say You Love Me
I'm So Afraid
Second Hand News
Never Going Back Again
Go Your Own Way
Songbird
You Make Loving Fun
Over and Over
The Ledge
Think About Me
Save Me A Place
Never Make Me Cry
I Know I'm Not Wrong
Tusk
Love In Store
Book of Love
Eyes Of the World
Big Love
Everywhere
Isn't It Midnight
Little Lies
Tango In The Night
Skies The Limit
In The Back of My Mind
Hard Feelings
Temporary One
Steal Your Heart Away
Peacekeeper
Come
Miranda

Love all these songs. Like I said, I'm a Fleetwood Mac fan. I consider Stevie solo and Fleetwood Mac 2 different entities and always have.

Last edited by TheWILDheart; 03-05-2013 at 03:33 PM..
Old 03-05-2013, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I couldn't agree more, and of course without Peter Green, the Fleetwood Mac that went on to be one of the biggest selling bands in the world would not exist. However, I am (generally speaking) not a blues fan. I also prefer female singers (not sure why!), but that doesn't mean I don't absolutely adore a lot of Lindsey's FM stuff.

I may have miss-understood or miss-read what you posted, but it came across that you weren't a fan of Fleetwood Mac at all. At least, not the Rumours line up. And it struck me as being a little odd that someone who is not a fan of the music of this line up would be posting in a board dedicated too it. I wouldn't and don't post in the Lindsey board, because I a. don't know enough about his solo music to really contribute and b. don't like any of it anyway, so it doesn't interest me.

I like most of the BN era stuff and some of the earlier stuff, although I've not heard all the albums. I've picked a selection below:
thanks for playing and putting up your selection - very nice!
i'll have to do mine some time later today but i can tell you that the FM songs i actually love constitute much shorter list than yours. there are many more i like though... and many i dislike, including LB's. but i still think that a lot of his FM material is stellar, so i guess that would go into FM fandom... since GYOW, SHN, Tusk or WATL is definitely not lb solo material.

you know looking at all LB's FM songs you love, i bet you'd actually love a lot of his solo material if it weren't for a. you listed above.

i actually know what is considered Rumours era material and love a lot of it, so that would be a bit different than commenting on solo career if you are not familiar with most solo material. that said, we welcome anybody who wants to contribute to LB board, cotrary to popular opinions i don't think you have to be a fan in order to discuss and contribute.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Love all these songs. Like I said, I'm a Fleetwood Mac fan. I consider Stevie solo and Fleetwood Mac 2 different entities and always have.
hmm, do i consider big machine and small machine 2 separate entities? my wallet certainly does!

Old 03-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
thanks for playing and putting up your selection - very nice!
i'll have to do mine some time later today but i can tell you that the FM songs i actually love constitute much shorter list than yours. there are many more i like though... and many i dislike, including LB's. but i still think that a lot of his FM material is stellar, so i guess that would go into FM fandom... since GYOW, SHN, Tusk or WATL is definitely not lb solo material.

you know looking at all LB's FM songs you love, i bet you'd actually love a lot of his solo material if it weren't for a. you listed above.

i actually know what is considered Rumours era material and love a lot of it, so that would be a bit different than commenting on solo career if you are not familiar with most solo material. that said, we welcome anybody who wants to contribute to LB board, cotrary to popular opinions i don't think you have to be a fan in order to discuss and contribute.
Hey, if I need to know any Lindsey solo info, I'll jump over there .

I did buy "Under The Skin" when it came out and enjoyed it, though I haven't listened to it in forever! I've listened to both "Go Insane" and "Out Of The Cradle" about twice in 20 years and neither appealed much. I actually went to the toilet during "Go Insane" on the Unleashed tour lol. I do love a lot of his FM material, as you can see from the above list and I will forever worship the man for his amazing efforts to create such fantastic albums - Rumours and Tusk wouldn't have happened without him. And I, of course, have Lindsey to thank for Stevie having a career (and vice versa - as much as they bitch about eachother, neither would've had a career without the other)

I'm a TOTAL Chiffon Head, and the first to admit it, though there are Stevie songs I cannot BARE as I'm sure there are Lindsey songs for you ("When I See You Again"....wtf was that!?)

Quote:
hmm, do i consider big machine and small machine 2 separate entities? my wallet certainly does!
LOL!!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, I love both albums so I can participate!!

Love In Store vs BL
Can't Go Back vs SW
That's Alright vs Everywhere
Book of Love vs Caroline
Gypsy vs TITN
Hold Me vs WTTRS Touch Choice, actually.
Oh Diane vs IIM
EOTW vs WISYA
WYWH vs Y&I ii

8 for Mirage and 4 for Tango, yet Tango is my favorite album. Go figure!!

Last edited by MacShadowsBall; 03-05-2013 at 04:16 PM..
Old 03-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Love In Store vs BL
Can't Go Back vs SW
That's Alright vs Everywhere (Toughest choice)
Book of Love vs Caroline (Second toughest choice)
Gypsy vs TITN
Empire State vs Little Lies (Easiest choice)
Hold Me vs WTTRS
Oh Diane vs IIM
EOTW vs WISYA
WYWH vs Y&I ii

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-05-2013, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Some of these are a tie:

Love In Store vs Big Love
Can't Go Back vs SW
Book of Love vs Caroline Tied
Gypsy vs TITN
Only Over You vs Mystified Tied
Hold Me vs WTTRS
Oh Diane vs IIM Tied
EOTW vs WISYA
WYWH vs You and I Part 2 Tied
Old 03-05-2013, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Love In Store vs BL
Can't Go Back vs SW
That's Alright vs Everywhere - tie
Book of Love vs Caroline
Gypsy vs TITN - tie
Hold Me vs WTTRS
Oh Diane vs IIM
EOTW vs WISYA
WYWH vs Y&I ii

Love Mirage.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:30 PM
Ledgie

Love In Store vs Big Love - This is the toughest ones for me. Love In Store has such a breezy, good time feel to it and it's one of, if not thee, favourite Christine song of mine post-Tusk. But I still go for that Big Love!
Can't Go Back vs Seven Wonders - This is probably the second toughest for me. Three years ago would've been reversed easily though.
Book of Love vs Caroline
Gypsy vs Tango in the Night - Is this sacrilege?
Straight Back vs Family Man - I guess this is..?
Hold Me vs Welcome to the Room Sara - Sometimes I feel like the only fan that likes WttRS but I find it so effective in it's sadness. I feel like a wuss whenever I listen to it because I just want to tear up haha. I don't though, I'm 24...
Oh Diane vs Isn't It Midnight
EOTW vs When I See You Again
Wish You Were Here vs You and I part 2

Mirage: 3
TITN: 9
Old 03-05-2013, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
Book of Love vs Caroline Tied
Ties were an option???

WHY THE HELL ARN'T I NOTIFIED OF THESE THINGS???

THE Stephen Hopkins