The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-01-2017, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apUrVWTdywQ (@2.41)

By the looks of this video Lindsey lost his monitor and couldn't hear himself?

But my god what a labouring version of GYOW. Half assed is an understatement. These shows were such a mistake.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post

But my god what a labouring version of GYOW. Half assed is an understatement. These shows were such a mistake.
thanks for sharing that link. yeah he seems to point and the monitor. I'd seen some other videos where you can clearly see him gesturing to someone offstage that he wants something turned up... but didn't see the gesture to the monitor in front of him.
Old 08-02-2017, 04:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Yeah I think clearly something was wrong and I agree it looks like he was struggling to hear himself. However, as for it being a half-assed GYOW, I don't really see anything different with this version than any version in the last 10+ years. After the Say You Will tour, GYOW has been slowed down, key dropped, and simply become boring. It just sort of plods along every night.
Old 08-02-2017, 04:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

In the long tradition, Stevie turns to Lindsey during the second verse. Lindsey never turns and never looks at Stevie and is an ice cold stare forward. Stevie's face says it all
Old 08-02-2017, 07:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

In the BuckVie shows, Lindsey and Christine have been having a lot of actual fun with "Go Your Own Way," spoofing the way the song is played with the full band. They make fun of the tired old poison-dart looks that have long been part of the multi-media presentation of the song. They actually enjoy playing the song together, and the playful gestures are part of that. It's great to see them doing something that makes the audience laugh!

It's perfectly natural that Lindsey should resist a return to the deadly serious stage shtick demanded by the Big Machine, after the lighthearted fun he and Chris have had with the song.

I, for one, hope for more BuckVie. Another album, another tour would be wonderful! Far, far more interesting than another lumbering Greatest Hits tour with the Big Machine.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
In the BuckVie shows, Lindsey and Christine have been having a lot of actual fun with "Go Your Own Way," spoofing the way the song is played with the full band. They make fun of the tired old poison-dart looks that have long been part of the multi-media presentation of the song. They actually enjoy playing the song together, and the playful gestures are part of that. It's great to see them doing something that makes the audience laugh!

It's perfectly natural that Lindsey should resist a return to the deadly serious stage shtick demanded by the Big Machine, after the lighthearted fun he and Chris have had with the song.

I, for one, hope for more BuckVie. Another album, another tour would be wonderful! Far, far more interesting than another lumbering Greatest Hits tour with the Big Machine.
I agree. They're having lots of fun with GYOW! In Phoenix, Christine "refused" to continue playing the keyboards, she crossed her arms while singing, until Lindsey couldn't resist the laughter. He was laughing with such an energy, he had to stop singing.

I'd love to see the Big Machine, at least one more time, but not if it makes Lindsey unhappy.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I agree. They're having lots of fun with GYOW! In Phoenix, Christine "refused" to continue playing the keyboards, she crossed her arms while singing, until Lindsey couldn't resist the laughter. He was laughing with such an energy, he had to stop singing.
There really aren't any keyboards during the verses, anyway.

I have a Rumours? Tour rehearsal(? because didn't they premier GYOW during the White Album Tour?), where Christine is telling Richard?(imagine my best British accent),
"Keep me low in the mix"
"I just don't want to stand here doing nothing, so I'm just playing chords"

It's also funny at the beginning, because Lindsey can't quite figure out WHEN to start singing, right after the acoustic guitar kicks in. They go through it over and over(pun) until he figures it out.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
There really aren't any keyboards during the verses, anyway.

I have a Rumours? Tour rehearsal(? because didn't they premier GYOW during the White Album Tour?), where Christine is telling Richard?(imagine my best British accent),
"Keep me low in the mix"
"I just don't want to stand here doing nothing, so I'm just playing chords"

It's also funny at the beginning, because Lindsey can't quite figure out WHEN to start singing, right after the acoustic guitar kicks in. They go through it over and over(pun) until he figures it out.
They always enjoyed working together. They had their moments, of course (and I'm sure they still have some of them. After all, we're talking about Lindsey here), but their mutual professional and personal respect has always been there.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 08-02-2017, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
In the long tradition, Stevie turns to Lindsey during the second verse. Lindsey never turns and never looks at Stevie and is an ice cold stare forward. Stevie's face says it all
Yes, she carries on like a pro...as per normal.
But he is seriously p****d off with her.
Old 08-02-2017, 11:48 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, man. That is hilarious! Someone needs to turn that into a gif.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Oh, yes, diplomacy is her second name. She still has the press to turn into a real b*tch about him.

He couldn't be standing near her for the bows. And he couldn't get out of there fast enough.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, yes, diplomacy is her second name. She still has the press to turn into a real b*tch about him.

He couldn't be standing near her for the bows. And he couldn't get out of there fast enough.
Ooooh dear, then she's won, if she can still wind him up like that.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ooooh dear, then she's won, if she can still wind him up like that.
I don't think he cares anymore about who wins. He has BuckVie now.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:

I'm not so sure he was mad at HER.... he did stop and pick up the bouquet of flowers someone had tossed up to her and handed them to her at the end of GYOW ... she very carefully said "Thank you" to him for that.

I honestly think he was ready to go and rip off the head of whoever didn't fix his monitor and, I'm sure he felt, ruined the GYOW performance.

During the song he would make faces like he was very unhappy but then try and put on his professional face and not ruin it more for the audience. They seemed to take a bit longer than usual to come back for the encore, and again I'd bet that he was chewing someone out.... Mick finally comes on, and then the rest and LB is last ....

Stevie just may not have wanted to deal with him in an angry mood-- whether or not he was actually mad at HER.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I'm not so sure he was mad at HER.... he did stop and pick up the bouquet of flowers someone had tossed up to her and handed them to her at the end of GYOW ... she very carefully said "Thank you" to him for that.

I honestly think he was ready to go and rip off the head of whoever didn't fix his monitor and, I'm sure he felt, ruined the GYOW performance.

During the song he would make faces like he was very unhappy but then try and put on his professional face and not ruin it more for the audience. They seemed to take a bit longer than usual to come back for the encore, and again I'd bet that he was chewing someone out.... Mick finally comes on, and then the rest and LB is last ....

Stevie just may not have wanted to deal with him in an angry mood-- whether or not he was actually mad at HER.
Granted, he was mad at whoever ruined GYOW backstage, but it wasn't just that song. They took a bit longer to come back for the encore and Lindsey and Stevie took A LOT to come to the stage for beginning of the show. The rest of the band was waiting for them. People were already getting impatient, and started yelling: "Come on! What's going on?"

The whole show was odd, not just GYOW. I think they even argued about the Glenn Frey song dedication.