User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Lindsey singing on Storms, thats new isn't it? I really like when he sings on Stevie's songs. Stevie's come along way on that song since opening night.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
Great reviews and pics everyone... On the boots thing, She's been wearing those ankle type for awhile now, not the whole show or anything, but I've seen them before - what I think is new is that strap thing she's got going on wrapped around them... In any case, nice shot of them.
they're cute but they've got a lower heel than the "originals"...still, nice. The boks are looking worse and worse everytime I see them. I think she needs to do a long skirt if she's wearing the boks. Even the shin guards don't help!

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 10-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
they're cute but they've got a lower heel than the "originals"...still, nice. The boks are looking worse and worse everytime I see them. I think she needs to do a long skirt if she's wearing the boks. Even the shin guards don't help!
It's not the bocks that bother me as much as those fugly leather leg warmers. They make her legs look like sausage casings.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
It's not the bocks that bother me as much as those fugly leather leg warmers. They make her legs look like sausage casings.
I've said it before and will say it again, why can't she just wear cute little ballet like flats, maybe have a liner put in to support her arches or what have you. She's short and nobody cares. Every time she puts on those platforms the greater her chances of taking a nasty fall, and the reeboks should be burned.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
I've said it before and will say it again, why can't she just wear cute little ballet like flats, maybe have a liner put in to support her arches or what have you. She's short and nobody cares. Every time she puts on those platforms the greater her chances of taking a nasty fall, and the reeboks should be burned.
yeah that would look better than what she is wearing now. those ankle boots just look awful! i so wish she would just wear pants already - those black ones they show her wearing every so often are so much more flattering on her.
i am listening to gdw now and its soo good its giving me chills!! i miss fm soo much.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think the problem is that Mama is of a certain height and weight at the moment... and let's just say that she can use all of the visual lengthening she can get. So she's got the body of a curvy 5'7" woman but unfortunately it's on a 5'1" frame.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think the problem is that Mama is of a certain height and weight at the moment... and let's just say that she can use all of the visual lengthening she can get. So she's got the body of a curvy 5'7" woman but unfortunately it's on a 5'1" frame.
With the way her dresses are shaped the platforms aren't doing anything for her anyway. Maybe something a-line would be better. That corset can hardly be comfortable and I imagine makes it even more difficult to sing. Of course I'm not short so I'm probably not the best judge.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
With the way her dresses are shaped the platforms aren't doing anything for her anyway. Maybe something a-line would be better. That corset can hardly be comfortable and I imagine makes it even more difficult to sing. Of course I'm not short so I'm probably not the best judge.
Sadly, I think Mama's got classic middle age spread much like Debbie Harry and Tina Turner. Short, thick neck. Cankles. Disappearing waistline. I think an A-line or empire waist would tend to accentuate these areas. But then again, all of the beadwork and rouching around her midsection are not helping matters either. I think she should go back to wearing those floor-length overcoats that she wore on The Dance tour along with something very lacey and low-cut underneath. This way she hides the unsightly areas while prominently displaying her best friends: the two birds of Rhiannon.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sadly, I think Mama's got classic middle age spread much like Debbie Harry and Tina Turner. Short, thick neck. Cankles. Disappearing waistline. I think an A-line or empire waist would tend to accentuate these areas. But then again, all of the beadwork and rouching around her midsection are not helping matters either. I think she should go back to wearing those floor-length overcoats that she wore on The Dance tour along with something very lacey and low-cut underneath. This way she hides the unsightly areas while prominently displaying her best friends: the two birds of Rhiannon.

I think the best thing for her would be something that nips in at the waist this is not a corset, and like you said something low-cut. However, the skirt should be more fitted. I don't think she's as curvy as the clothes she wears make her out to be. Sure, a corset is alright when you're twenty lbs thinner and twenty years younger, but it's not going to be flattering for the rest of your life.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:51 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Storms: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luZtgRZgPjg

Funny, I didn´t mention that about Mick´s fly or Lindsey´s talk to guard.

I wish I could be in that crowd right in front of stage... well... next time

Wow, I love Lindsey's singing on Storms. If there's one thing they can still do well together, it's harmonize.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Old 10-20-2009, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yes, they're highly unflattering...OK ugly is a better adjective.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 10-21-2009, 12:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Melanie, your pictures are absolutely stunning!!!
Old 10-21-2009, 12:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
yes, they're highly unflattering...OK ugly is a better adjective.
I'm not sure any of those mid-calf boots are too flattering on her, given that she seems to have sort of thick calves. In fact, it mars her outfits even more when she has those poofy skirts with the bodice and the mid-calf boots because it makes her seem a lot more round than she probably is. I think it'd be cute if she wore some hot pants (by that I mean slimmer fitting, age-appropriate of course) and a billowy top (she would OWN that), but she has earned the right to wear whatever the hell she wants. I just don't have to really like it I guess.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 10-21-2009, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I like the ankle boots, but I can see how they interrupt the body line. It's like carving your body into chunks visually. It might be more flattering, just to have one seamless flow. That probably creates the illusion of height and smoothness.

The Soundstage pants looked really good, but I guess FM doesn't get those.

Hmmm. Now these posts have got me wondering if Mick is wearing the outfit most flattering to him. To optimize his looks, should he really be wearing red shoes, white socks, knickers and a tight vest?

Michele
Old 10-21-2009, 01:57 AM
Registered

Smile

I'd like to thank the European fans in this particular thread who took the time and effort to write of their concert experiences and provide us with photographs. I loved reading the opinions of fans from a decidedly non-American slant.
The fan here who wrote of Lindsey's guitar solos and described them as "hilarious" offered a new appreciation of him that I understand but had not considered before, it's a comment that I think Lindsey himself would smile about.
The thoughts of the writers in this thread were fresh, and had insight that I think fans in the Unites States overlook, so thank you, again.
The photos were wonderful, Golddusted. My following comment is boring; but I couldn't help but notice, having seen Fleetwood Mac about 5 months ago, that Stevie Nicks has gained weight again, I'd estimate nearly 10 pounds, over these past months. Oh Well! I'm glad the concerts pleased you, and it's newsworthy that you shared with us that Lindsey is singing on 'Storms' now.
As for Mick's pants being unzipped...the European audiences are getting 'more' of Fleetwood Mac than we did in The States Last week, from another European show, a fan posted a photograph of Stevie with her breasts very close to falling out of her blouse. Maybe they're all drunk now when they're getting dressed for the concerts. Ha- just joking

(P.S. I was born in Prague, but we moved to The States in my early youth, so my memories are minimal; yet somehow this thread, originated by a Czech, Matthew, has made me feel a little bit homesick. I did visit Belgium in the 1990's and it's one of my favorite places in the world).
-- Kakzilla ( I hope I spelled that right, and mean it as 'how are you doing' and now, Dosvikjana, which I hope is close to correct for 'see you later')

Nikolaj
(my family calls me Kolya, which Americans, especially on The Internet, always mistake for a girls' name, so I use 'Kol' more now).

Last edited by Nikolaj; 10-21-2009 at 02:03 AM..