The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-11-2009, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default October 19, Berlin - Any Czech fan goes there?

Hi, Iīd like ask if here is some Czech fan, who goes to this concert next week.
Iīll be there, I still canīt believe it... If you tell me last year, that Fleetwood Mac will tour again Iīd laugh to that... and if you tell me that they will come to Europe... Iīd laugh much more... and itīs true!!! Isnīt it dream?

So, anyone here (also German or another fan), write here that weīll be there together .

But as always, there is something wrong... where is Christine? Where?

I want Stevie to tour in Europe!
Old 10-17-2009, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So, except me, there is no Ledgie, who will be there in Berlin?

Iīd like to tell you also, how much money I spent on all this stuff, because itīs not a little...

1) ticket to the concert: 93 EUR, plus 42 EUR for eventim.de because of the delivery from Berlin to Prague
2) ticket for train from Prague to Berlin: 30 EUR (discount because of paying through the internet)
3) ticket for train from Berlin to Prague: 53 EUR (there is no discount because itīs Euro Night, not Euro City, so this is normal price)

So I paid 218 EUR... I hope it will be worth it

How much money do you guys spent for your ticket somewhere else? Itīs the same price in whole Europe or not?

Old 10-17-2009, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
So, except me, there is no Ledgie, who will be there in Berlin?

Iīd like to tell you also, how much money I spent on all this stuff, because itīs not a little...

1) ticket to the concert: 93 EUR, plus 42 EUR for eventim.de because of the delivery from Berlin to Prague
2) ticket for train from Prague to Berlin: 30 EUR (discount because of paying through the internet)
3) ticket for train from Berlin to Prague: 53 EUR (there is no discount because itīs Euro Night, not Euro City, so this is normal price)

So I paid 218 EUR... I hope it will be worth it

How much money do you guys spent for your ticket somewhere else? Itīs the same price in whole Europe or not?
It sounds like you got off cheaply! Dublin tickets are 132 euros! you don't want to know how much my transportation costs will be.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, hm, well, probably it is cheaper in Germany, because Fleetwood Mac isnīt so famous there. They are much more popular in England, maybe thatīs why. If it would be more expensive in Germany, maybe some people wouldnīt buy a ticket.

So how much money youīll spent for transport?

But you know, I donīt realy know how to compare that correctly, but there is still big difference of wealth of ordinary people in West and East Europe, I mean that Czech Republic is post-communist. People on the West earn much more. And also, Iīm just student... , but I didnīt have problems to find that money, I have brigade-work, and I had spared money.

It will really be amazing day and night. I was in Berlin only once, but I was just a kid, I was about 14 or something like that, and it was with school and I couldnīt do anything alone, and I donīt exactly remember many things. What I wanted to say is that Berlin is very big city for me. There are three times more people than in Prague. And as you could know from my account, Iīm interested in public transport, so the second thing Iīm looking forward to, is that Iīll try to use that big and mature (thatīs typicall in German) system of U-Bahn, S-Bahn, MetroTram, MetroBus... etc.

Well, I donīt want to glut this thread with this cackle, which isnīt interested for you. But itīs just my feelings.

So probably Iīd be only one who could write here something about that show, so be prepare to my critical report .

Old 10-20-2009, 03:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was there!!!! I still canīt believe it... itīs like a dream I had last night.
The moment when Stevie and Lindsey came to the stage was magical.

I took some pictures and videos, so Iīll share it, be patient.

But it was funny that my age was very underaverage there... so many couples in their 50s Iīd say.

It was great show!! Lindsey is king, Stevie is in really good shape, sounds very good, Mick is just crazy, and John... anytime I looked at him I thought about Christine...

The concert was absolutely same as you know (awesome), so I donīt have to write stories about that.

But after the show, I went with bunch of people to the place, where they left the arena. So we thanks there to each other once more and thatīs it.

The couple of hours after that I was very sad, because man is thinking about it months and once come there to see it, itīs like five minutes and itīs over. Thatīs unbelievable.

And I have to say too, that there was no song I wouldnīt enjoy, really. Just great music. I was really born in wrong time... (and also in wrong place)

Itīs interesting, that Iīm the only one talking about this show here. Because Iīm not from Berlin, even from Germany, but Czech Republic. Iīd say that most of people there were from Berlin. I heard only German.

I had a great time, I forgot about everything else and enjoy the music (hope as the rest of the audience). Itīs kind of medicine. You really donīt care about anything there... I wish it would never stopped.

Last edited by Matthew; 10-20-2009 at 04:22 AM..
Old 10-20-2009, 07:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
I was there!!!! I still canīt believe it... itīs like a dream I had last night.
The moment when Stevie and Lindsey came to the stage was magical.

I took some pictures and videos, so Iīll share it, be patient.

But it was funny that my age was very underaverage there... so many couples in their 50s Iīd say.

It was great show!! Lindsey is king, Stevie is in really good shape, sounds very good, Mick is just crazy, and John... anytime I looked at him I thought about Christine...

The concert was absolutely same as you know (awesome), so I donīt have to write stories about that.

But after the show, I went with bunch of people to the place, where they left the arena. So we thanks there to each other once more and thatīs it.

The couple of hours after that I was very sad, because man is thinking about it months and once come there to see it, itīs like five minutes and itīs over. Thatīs unbelievable.

And I have to say too, that there was no song I wouldnīt enjoy, really. Just great music. I was really born in wrong time... (and also in wrong place)

Itīs interesting, that Iīm the only one talking about this show here. Because Iīm not from Berlin, even from Germany, but Czech Republic. Iīd say that most of people there were from Berlin. I heard only German.

I had a great time, I forgot about everything else and enjoy the music (hope as the rest of the audience). Itīs kind of medicine. You really donīt care about anything there... I wish it would never stopped.
Thanks for the review! I'm rather surprised that there are no Ledgies in Berlin; it's quite bizarre, actually, considering all of the people who attended the Dutch, Belgian and Scandinavian shows.

I can understand your feeling of loss all too well. You get excited by the anticipation of the show, and then when the show is over, you start to go into FM withdrawal, and you need another Mac attack! It's like eating potato chips. In some ways I think the shows are rather anticlimactic- the real rush is in the speculation and the build up to the event itself. It really makes no sense at all since the setlists and shows are identical and completely choreographed... but there is something very exciting about sharing a couple of hours of your life with people that have had such a profound impact on your life for so many years. I am 12 years old again when I hear some of these songs for the umpteen thousandth time. The passage of time is sad... but when you see that they are still up there, still looking great and still making great music, it somehow makes it all okay.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So, here are some photos: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...1&l=ad342e6066

Old 10-20-2009, 09:30 AM
Ledgie

I'm not one to really post anything - but I need to post my personal review here. Need to get it off my chest - or I might exlode..

Last night was truly magical and absolutely amazing!

I'm from Vienna (Austria), went to Berlin on Monday on my own, arrived just in time to get to the concert.. and left the next day (today). Man, that probably were the most stressful 24 hours of my life so far, but soo worth it.

Alright - so there I was, at the O2 Berlin venue.. I had a 5th row seat, pretty much in front of the stage. I read in one of the reviews from one of the European shows that someone got to be right in front of the stage all night? Well, the same thing happened to me last night. I was sitting there, way too anxious for the concert to start (and crying, might I add, because I was more than happy to be there, been waiting the last 8 years to get to see them live (I'm only 18), and with Stevie being one of my three music heroes and role models, I was overwhelmed with emotions..).. so anyway! One of the security/service people came up to the people sitting in the first couple of rows and asked if anyone wanted to leave their seats to go right in front of the stage.. which I immediately did. So yeah - I spent the entire show, all 2 1/2 hours, pretty much right in front of Lindsey, aaaand to unleash the inner fangirl, got to touch his hand! (I was the one with glasses, wearing the custom-made black T-Shirt that had "Stevie Nicks" on it.. sorry if I annoyed anyone with my screaming and cheering.. just couldn't hold it back.)

Lindsey was on fire, Stevie sounded absolutely perfect and looked sizzling hot (hellooo boobies ), John was adorable as always and Mick was.. well, just his crazy, wonderful, loveable self.

Aah, I still can't believe it's already over. They were soo good. Noticed Lindsey saying "see you next time" at the end of the show, which gives me hope that I miiiight get to see them again, someday. I can't get over how beautiful Stevie sounded, last night..

Some fun facts about yesterday (they amused me, anyway).. when Mick left his drums for the first time and actually got in front of the stage, raised his hands to cheer, he noticed that his fly was unzipped. I don't know if that is one of his schticks, but he seemed like it surpised him. I just love how he grinned after he noticed.

Another little tidbit that I loved was.. right before they began with "Oh Well", Lindsey asked one of the security people standing right by the stage if he could remove the some sort of barrier they had that kept people from being RIGHT in front of the stage, since he wanted us to get as close as "possible".. the security guy answered with a simple, rude "No.".. so Lindsey sort of rolled his eyes and was all like.. "Well, thank you very much.." and when he began playing "Oh Well" and sang ".. don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to" he pointed right at the security guy, obviously still pissed off.

Right at the very end before Mick said that he had two more things he'd like to mention (take care of yourself & take care of all the other people around you, which I found extremely sweet) and did his trademark "the Mac is back" - he made a comment about a guy (or "chap" as Mick put it ) in the audience who apparently held up some sign mentioning Christine the entire show.. so Mick said that they miss her just as much as we do.. which I thought was a sweet moment, too.. with all the people cheering for Christine, at that moment..

Mmkay - I think I got a little bit carried away, and I don't know if any of the things mentioned above are new or happen at every show (I've not been following reviews for this tour so far..) - but if any of it puts a smile on anyone, I'm glad.

Oh - and Matthew - I feel for you. I miss them already.

Last edited by Ienilny; 10-20-2009 at 09:33 AM..
Old 10-20-2009, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ienilny View Post
I'm not one to really post anything - but I need to post my personal review here. Need to get it off my chest - or I might exlode..

Last night was truly magical and absolutely amazing!

I'm from Vienna (Austria), went to Berlin on Monday on my own, arrived just in time to get to the concert.. and left the next day (today). Man, that probably were the most stressful 24 hours of my life so far, but soo worth it.

Alright - so there I was, at the O2 Berlin venue.. I had a 5th row seat, pretty much in front of the stage. I read in one of the reviews from one of the European shows that someone got to be right in front of the stage all night? Well, the same thing happened to me last night. I was sitting there, way too anxious for the concert to start (and crying, might I add, because I was more than happy to be there, been waiting the last 8 years to get to see them live (I'm only 18), and with Stevie being one of my three music heroes and role models, I was overwhelmed with emotions..).. so anyway! One of the security/service people came up to the people sitting in the first couple of rows and asked if anyone wanted to leave their seats to go right in front of the stage.. which I immediately did. So yeah - I spent the entire show, all 2 1/2 hours, pretty much right in front of Lindsey, aaaand to unleash the inner fangirl, got to touch his hand! (I was the one with glasses, wearing the custom-made black T-Shirt that had "Stevie Nicks" on it.. sorry if I annoyed anyone with my screaming and cheering.. just couldn't hold it back.)

Lindsey was on fire, Stevie sounded absolutely perfect and looked sizzling hot (hellooo boobies ), John was adorable as always and Mick was.. well, just his crazy, wonderful, loveable self.

Aah, I still can't believe it's already over. They were soo good. Noticed Lindsey saying "see you next time" at the end of the show, which gives me hope that I miiiight get to see them again, someday. I can't get over how beautiful Stevie sounded, last night..

Some fun facts about yesterday (they amused me, anyway).. when Mick left his drums for the first time and actually got in front of the stage, raised his hands to cheer, he noticed that his fly was unzipped. I don't know if that is one of his schticks, but he seemed like it surpised him. I just love how he grinned after he noticed.

Another little tidbit that I loved was.. right before they began with "Oh Well", Lindsey asked one of the security people standing right by the stage if he could remove the some sort of barrier they had that kept people from being RIGHT in front of the stage, since he wanted us to get as close as "possible".. the security guy answered with a simple, rude "No.".. so Lindsey sort of rolled his eyes and was all like.. "Well, thank you very much.." and when he began playing "Oh Well" and sang ".. don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to" he pointed right at the security guy, obviously still pissed off.

Right at the very end before Mick said that he had two more things he'd like to mention (take care of yourself & take care of all the other people around you, which I found extremely sweet) and did his trademark "the Mac is back" - he made a comment about a guy (or "chap" as Mick put it ) in the audience who apparently held up some sign mentioning Christine the entire show.. so Mick said that they miss her just as much as we do.. which I thought was a sweet moment, too.. with all the people cheering for Christine, at that moment..

Mmkay - I think I got a little bit carried away, and I don't know if any of the things mentioned above are new or happen at every show (I've not been following reviews for this tour so far..) - but if any of it puts a smile on anyone, I'm glad.

Oh - and Matthew - I feel for you. I miss them already.
That was a wonderful review. Thank you for sharing and please join us on a regular basis and share more of your opinions. They are most welcomed. I love what you shared about Mick's zipper, Lindsey and the security guard and Mick's comment about Christine. So far this is the only show on the tour that these things have happened on.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You got to be happy Ienilny... so close to them... next time (if it will be some next time) I have to buy a ticket immediately... this time when I bought it (about Juny or July?) all those best seats were sold out.

Those 24 hours were also ... well not stressful, but it wasnīt comfortable. I arrived to Berlin in 17:20, so that was OK (from Prague in 12:40 by train). But I spend night in Berlinīs streets and leave in 5:00 today morning, because there was no train earlier.

But youīre right, it damn worth it!!!!

Old 10-20-2009, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hello everybody,
we just came back from Berlin and we really had a fantastic time at the concert. We arrived few minutes before 8pm, went to our 1st row seats and a guy came over to us and told us that Stevie wants to have fans in front of the stage and if we would like to do that. We jumped off our seats and ran straight to the stage *lol*...so we were in front of Stevie's micro the whole time. You can't get better places! I took alot of pics with my camera but I had troubles to find the right focus. So many of my 250 pics are slightly blurry but some are really very nice. I've taken a pic of Stevie's new boots ...so enjoy all the pics. Lindsey really rocked the house, Mick was fabulous with his drum solo, Stevie lovely as usual and John very much for himself (which really made me sad).

I know this photo is kinda strange...I don't know HOW I made this...it looks like Stevie's silhouettes are like smoke...but it looks fascinating as a big image

Old 10-20-2009, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 10-20-2009, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie's new boots

Old 10-20-2009, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 10-20-2009, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here is Sara http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZvUlqzCX18
I filmed Storms, Gold Dust Woman and Stand Back, so these videos will be there too.