Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-19-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
I both agree and disagree with you. I think it has been a definite pendulum for them years but agree with you now, it is like you said WOW...having the knowledge and MOTIVATION to wilfully end someone's legacy is quite mind blowing really.
I can respect that. Personally for me, I just think it was a fantasy for some people to have them together. And both of them knew it and played it like a fiddle.

Or is it a drum? lol.. I can't remember.
Old 08-19-2018, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Or you can not interrupt at all. That’s easier yet. I mean, I don’t interrupt on subjects I’m not interested in.
Interrupt? Sorry, how was I interrupting?
Is it policy here now to have to put your hand up and ask to be allowed to comment when it's your turn rather than just comment when you wish to?
Old 08-19-2018, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Just keep it consistent and then it's easier for others to interrupt, either you think Stevie's in love with Lindsey still or she hates him, which one is it?
Yeah, well....

Do whatever you want. I don't care. Just like SnL.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-19-2018, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, well....

Do whatever you want. I don't care. Just like SnL.
Oh gosh, thats very embarrassing....actual apologies to you then.
I was actually supposed to write I.N.T.E.R.P.R.E.T !!!! Interpret, Not INTERRUPT at all. Typing the wrong word has the complete different meaning to what I intended too.

Shows how well I proof read what I write. Sorry again, you were right to think I was totally nuts and crazy....
Old 08-19-2018, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I respectfully disagree. I don't see any pendulum. They are competitors; two people that have almost zero in common when it comes to what they want from art. One wants "to be happy" and ride out pretending that she's some kind of important diva, and the other wants to continue to use his gifts and create and play new music. And it's been moving in that direction for a very long time.

They dated in the 70s, broke up and maybe had some break up sex along the way. But the truth of the matter is, people keep calling this part of some love/hate back and forth. I call bs on that.

And from a human level, (let's assume that $tevie did what most of us know $he did) that's really really the lowest thing you can do. Knowingly put into action the him or me. Having full knowledge of the consequences in that $he would end someone's legacy and career in the band. Just Wow. I mean really think about that. The fans, the crew, the people involved, etc. It's a lot.

Anyone would have a hard time convincing me that there's any sort of love there. And if they do, I say it's very disgusting and a sick love. (meaning not love) $he's hit a very low point in her life and doesn't realize it. $he will at some point.

I can't imagine the guilt I would feel from ending an institution. Unless of course, I had no $oul.
IA with you on most of this actually. I was usually an optimist about the two of them, I knew they obviously had their issues and were obviously very up and down for ages but I always thought that wasn't that unusual for a band dynamic like that and that in the end they'd always have a different kind of love and care for each other, the kind that you would think is impossible to NOT have for someone you've known THAT long and been through so much with. That's why what happened this year just absolutely floored me. I mean, even Don and Glenn never did THAT to each other. Neither have Mick and Keith. It's just insane to me. I can't imagine doing that to someone who's been such a part of your life for that long or even just letting it happen. It genuinely blows my mind.
Old 08-19-2018, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh gosh, thats very embarrassing....actual apologies to you then.
I was actually supposed to write I.N.T.E.R.P.R.E.T !!!! Interpret, Not INTERRUPT at all. Typing the wrong word has the complete different meaning to what I intended too.

Shows how well I proof read what I write. Sorry again, you were right to think I was totally nuts and crazy....
I don't think you're nuts and crazy, and no need to apologize. You did nothing wrong.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-19-2018, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I respectfully disagree. I don't see any pendulum. They are competitors; two people that have almost zero in common when it comes to what they want from art. One wants "to be happy" and ride out pretending that she's some kind of important diva, and the other wants to continue to use his gifts and create and play new music. And it's been moving in that direction for a very long time.

They dated in the 70s, broke up and maybe had some break up sex along the way. But the truth of the matter is, people keep calling this part of some love/hate back and forth. I call bs on that.

And from a human level, (let's assume that $tevie did what most of us know $he did) that's really really the lowest thing you can do. Knowingly put into action the him or me. Having full knowledge of the consequences in that $he would end someone's legacy and career in the band. Just Wow. I mean really think about that. The fans, the crew, the people involved, etc. It's a lot.

Anyone would have a hard time convincing me that there's any sort of love there. And if they do, I say it's very disgusting and a sick love. (meaning not love) $he's hit a very low point in her life and doesn't realize it. $he will at some point.

I can't imagine the guilt I would feel from ending an institution. Unless of course, I had no $oul.
I know what Stevie did was awful. I don't understand it.

The only thing I can think of is that grief messed her up, and that she's lost touch with reality and become so egregiously egocentric that she's destructive not only to those around her but to her own spiritual growth.

I mean the whole "I want to spend the rest of my life dancing around my apartment" thing... that's the way a child thinks, and she's displaying a child's selfishness, a child's tantrums, a child's cruelty.

Will anyone or anything be able to bring her back to reality, or will she continue this scary devolution until she lies dying with a plethora of people who adore her from afar, but no one near who's not on the payroll, or who doesn't hope to get a piece of her estate?

That's the way she's headed if she doesn't WAKE UP before it's too late.

WAKE UP, STEVIE!!

Old 08-19-2018, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I know what Stevie did was awful. I don't understand it.

The only thing I can think of is that grief messed her up, and that she's lost touch with reality and become so egregiously egocentric that she's destructive not only to those around her but to her own spiritual growth.

I mean the whole "I want to spend the rest of my life dancing around my apartment" thing... that's the way a child thinks, and she's displaying a child's selfishness, a child's tantrums, a child's cruelty.

Will anyone or anything be able to bring her back to reality, or will she continue this scary devolution until she lies dying with a plethora of people who adore her from afar, but no one near who's not on the payroll, or who doesn't hope to get a piece of her estate?

That's the way she's headed if she doesn't WAKE UP before it's too late.

WAKE UP, STEVIE!!
I was a fool for thinking Christine could bridge that gap. I think it may have made things worse because of the very beautiful chemistry between BuckVie.
Old 08-19-2018, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

See no one in her immediate circle will dear encourage her to do the right thing now by Lindsey and apologise, or at least make some sort of peace.

The only person in my mind who could have had the biggest impact and stopped this was Christine and she either chose not to or didn't try hard enough.
Old 08-19-2018, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think you're nuts and crazy, and no need to apologize. You did nothing wrong.
Well I was pretty annoyed you said I was interrupting you which was unkindof me, when it was my fault I wrote that word by mistake in the first place....anyways, the apology was there in case you wanted it

Back on topic then
Old 08-19-2018, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was a fool for thinking Christine could bridge that gap. I think it may have made things worse because of the very beautiful chemistry between BuckVie.
We were all fools to think she could bridge the gap.
It's still in her power too, it's whether she choose to act on it
Old 08-19-2018, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
See no one in her immediate circle will dear encourage her to do the right thing now by Lindsey and apologise, or at least make some sort of peace.

The only person in my mind who could have had the biggest impact and stopped this was Christine and she either chose not to or didn't try hard enough.
I don't think a person will be able to do it, you're right. I think at this point it will have to be an event... something happening that makes her understand. Maybe while touring without him, maybe later... but there's only so much time at this point. That's what I'm afraid of.... that they'll run out of time.

And Christine decided to accept that Stevie is the boss and she (Christine) doesn't even need to be told until after the fact, much less asked her opinion. I don't see her rocking the boat now.

Old 08-19-2018, 06:11 PM

Quote:
I don't think a person will be able to do it, you're right. I think at this point it will have to be an event... something happening that makes her understand. Maybe while touring without him, maybe later... but there's only so much time at this point. That's what I'm afraid of.... that they'll run out of time.

And Christine decided to accept that Stevie is the boss and she (Christine) doesn't even need to be told until after the fact, much less asked her opinion. I don't see her rocking the boat now.
According to Richard's tweet, Christine is torn and feels bad. And while I hate to assume her circumstances: contract, etc. I honestly feel like she should feel like crap that she didn't say something and stop it.
Old 08-19-2018, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Yup

Quote:

I agree. Stevie loves the IDEA of her and Lindsey in some great love affair that broke apart. It fits in with her whole storybook fantasyland type of thinking/living. They both continue to write songs about one another, but as for their spectacular "love"....meh, they only dated a few years. I don't doubt they still love one another deep down....it's hard to not care about people, even after they massively hurt you. You can certainly love someone, but not like them. LOL

They are just too different in their personalities, goals and ways of thinking to be together...in any capacity, really.
Old 08-19-2018, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post
I agree. Stevie loves the IDEA of her and Lindsey in some great love affair that broke apart. It fits in with her whole storybook fantasyland type of thinking/living. They both continue to write songs about one another, but as for their spectacular "love"....meh, they only dated a few years. I don't doubt they still love one another deep down....it's hard to not care about people, even after they massively hurt you. You can certainly love someone, but not like them. LOL

They are just too different in their personalities, goals and ways of thinking to be together...in any capacity, really.
I agree. But, I think it's more of a real love than a romantic love. I love one of my ex boyfriends. (even tho he's still an big jackass). But not with romantic love. More like caring love. Like a family member.