Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-20-2015, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Well That Was Rough

I feel bad!
Old 07-20-2015, 07:38 PM
Registered

What's worse, the bass player going crazy or Stevie forgetting the second verse? The cocaine was off the boundaries that night.

Waddy was the only one keeping his cool it looked like.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

yeah even the girls were all messed up.

such a shame because her voice was still awesome then and she p!ssed it away.
Old 07-20-2015, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That was when Stevie used to rock the house. Those were the good old days. If you had been there you would know how the energy level was amazing during those shows.

Coke fueled shows were the best. She was young, and so full of energy and life. Loved it.

You have no idea what you missed out on.

She looks like a sweet little lamb from afar, but when you get close, you find out that she skinned and ate the darn thing just to use it as a coat. She's a beast.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Jesus! Thank God she didn't end up face down in a bathtub, a washed up has-been. I can see why Jimmy dumped her. She was out of her freaking mind.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:12 AM
Senior Ledgie

Ah, yes, the old days. This was my first Stevie Nicks tour. Luckily I saw a show early (and maybe less cocaine fueled) in the tour. There were some great moments, vocals, and awesome stand out performances. Then there were some like the Stand Back referenced in this thread .

When Family Guy did a bit several years ago about Peter and Lois performing in a talent show baked, I thought of this tour.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebokandlace View Post
That was when Stevie used to rock the house. Those were the good old days. If you had been there you would know how the energy level was amazing during those shows.

Coke fueled shows were the best. She was young, and so full of energy and life. Loved it.

Yeah, I can't deny she rocked, but she rocked a little too excessively. It's entertaining, albeit a bit tragic seeing the messy state she was in she was . This clip is pretty much an sample of the entire show I attended. At the time I wasn't keenly aware of her predicament. I was just disappointed how disjointed the show was ---awkward dead spaces between songs which ruined the pace of the show.

She would leave the stage often (sniff, sniff). She missed cues, forgot lyrics. There was air of desperation. Whenever she chatted to the audience between songs, she garbled quickly, and no one could understand what the hell she was saying. She sang every number a frantic manner that often derailed or sucked the charm or essence out of the songs. She was in her own world. It was a train wreck.

I recall telling myself she is better than this spectacle I was witnessing. It bothered me for weeks after the show. With a hindsight and perspective I can find amusement in it. It was what it was -- unique style and time, but also a very precarious period in her life. I'm grateful she had the support and fortitude to pull out of this potential death spiral.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 07-21-2015 at 01:01 AM..
Old 07-21-2015, 05:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Agreed that the performance in this vid is god awful. But then, Stand Back is always god awful live. A cacophonous mess of thudding noise with hoarse bawled lyrics and a lot of running/staggering around.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:57 AM

I swear that some time ago this same performance has been posted in a thread that talked about the best performances of Stand back.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I swear that some time ago this same performance has been posted in a thread that talked about the best performances of Stand back.
You are correct and it was ME that posted it. It is my FAVORITE live performance of Stand Back. The audience is on edge wondering what will happen next
I hate to say it but I miss the wild Stevie so much.

That was a coke fueled Stand Back. Here is a Klonopin fueled Stand Back. I feel the worst for Chris because playing the keyboards gave her the hardest job of trying to get back in form.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI2djwEnJPM
Old 07-21-2015, 06:41 AM

I understand, I've come to love the Red Rocks performance even if the close-ups are re-registered and the vocals doesn't match with her mouth.
Not all the Klonopin Stand backs are bad, this personally is one of my favourite:

Old 07-21-2015, 07:01 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebokandlace View Post

yes they were especially the Concert September 9, 1983 Colt State Park in Bristol RI ( not Bristol CT ) Someone was flinging pineapple at her (coolers and booze was allowed ) she was pissed and tried to climb down off the stage to kick some ass
Old 07-21-2015, 07:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
yes they were especially the Concert September 9, 1983 Colt State Park in Bristol RI ( not Bristol CT ) Someone was flinging pineapple at her (coolers and booze was allowed ) she was pissed and tried to climb down off the stage to kick some ass
I've read lots about that show. Gosh if only there was a video of that
Old 07-21-2015, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
She will kick some a$$ and throw the pineapple back at them and bop them off the head with it.She's lucky it wasn't a beer bottle.
She did not try to throw it back in return because she could get sued.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 07-21-2015, 01:37 PM
Ledgie

What a mess.

Nobody can tell me "those were the good 'owl days." I'd take calm, cautious stage Stevie anyday over that disaster in the video above.