Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fashion Icon

This is from handbag.com. Click the link for photos

http://www.handbag.com/fashion/celeb...hion-2/gallery

Folk tales
Posted by Leisa Barnett on 07/06/2010

Just hearing the name Stevie Nicks invokes images of a freewheeling age: suede platforms, fringed shawls, draped lace, desert sun. Google her and, alongside details of her prolific musical legacy (with Fleetwood Mac and beyond), what you'll find is page after page written on her style. Little wonder, when you consider that her ethereal look - part gypsy, part hippie, part Dickensian dandy - defined a generation.

A Nicks classic performed live just isn't the same without the lady herself swirling and wheeling about the stage in a trademark shawl. She even wears them in certain colours for certain songs: red for Sara, gold for Gold Dust Woman, and so on. Her easy, breezy style is in keeping with the pop edge she famously brought to Fleetwood Mac on joining the established band with then-boyfriend Lindsey Buckingham in 1975.

Even though her personal life has been marred by failed romances, drug abuse, weight issues and in-fighting within the group, Nicks' personal style has remained a constant. "I'm an extremely modest woman," she said in a 2008 interview with Foam Magazine. "I guess you can probably see it through my clothes all down through the years with my long chiffon skirts and my big wispy sleeves. I always looked at it like, people wondering what was under all that was much sexier than having all that out there."

With festival season upon us, you could do worse than to look to Nicks' penchant for billowy silhouettes, psychedelic prints, a neat line in denim and anything edged with a swingy fringe to perfect your summer style.

Click on for your Nicks fix, and see just why Stevie's our fashion favourite this month.

Picture: Stevie posing on a car in a low-cut halterneck, shawl, flares and clogs for an early Fleetwood Mac shoot, 1975.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Style Icon, November 5, 2010
http://topfashions.org/fashion/style...vie-nicks.html

Style Icon: Stevie Nicks

Fleetwood Mac frontwoman Stevie Nicks has been called many things in her life—singer, songwriter, enchantress, bohemian, gypsy, rock legend, the Gold Dust Woman, to name just a few—but here at Mama’s A Rolling Stone, there is only one title that comes to mind when we think of Stevie: style icon. After all, for years now, Stevie has been turning heads and inspiring burgeoning fashionistas with her whimsical sense of style and vintage gypsy aesthetic. And that, dear readers, is exactly why Stevie Nicks is the perfect subject for today’s Style Icon story! On that note, we suggest your crank up your Fleetwood Mac tunes, sit back and get inspired by Stevie Nicks: Gold Dust Woman and true style icon.

1. Bow Beret ($16) from Topshop
Stevie wore many hats in her heyday, from a magician-esque top hat to a floppy crochet sunhat to a feather-embellished beret, which is why we love this pretty bow beret from Topshop. It might not be as theatrical as Stevie’s, but with the addition of a gypsy-inspired dress and boots, you’ll be channeling our style icon in no time.

2. Folk Scarf ($29.99) by French Connection
There are a slew of photographs of Stevie, twirling and whirling across a stage. In many, you’ll find a scarf—covered in flowers or adorned with long tassels—draped across her arms or around her neck, or even trailing in the wind as she dances. Accordingly, we think French Connection’s scarf is perfect for the dancer inside you.

3. Gypsy Rose Vest ($99.99) by Winter Kate
Stevie’s signature look was an eclectic mash-up of 1970s hippie pieces, gypsy-inspired looks, and Victorian gothic garments. For that reason, we just couldn’t take our eyes off this crocheted Winter Kate vest. Pair it with denim cut-offs or wide-leg jeans and a simple blouse to give your ensemble a Stevie-inspired spin that is still fresh and modern.

4. Lovely Omen Dress ($57.99) from ModCloth
One of the many things we love about Stevie is the way she transformed every outfit into something worth talking about; it is clear she had fun putting together every last ensemble. This lace dress is sure to turn a few heads, especially when you pair it with Stevie-inspired accessories like a pile of silver bangles and a pretty scarf.

5. Gypsy Suede Fringed Cross-Body Bag ($230) by Banana Republic
There is just something about this bag that makes it so right for today’s story. Whether it’s the super-soft suede, the long braided strap, or the fringe detail, we can totally see Stevie walking the streets of San Francisco with this bag on her shoulder. Naturally, it’s guaranteed to be tangled in a mass of lace, crochet, and flowing scarves.

6. Floral Graduated Dress ($170) from Topshop
If you have spent any time looking at old photographs of Stevie, you know she loved to wear long, flowing dresses and skirts, usually in lace, or crochet, or covered in an array of pretty hippie prints. When worn with a velvet jacket and lace-up boots, this gorgeous Topshop dress will give any ensemble a Stevie-inspired twist.

7. Cross Pendant ($174) by Lois Hill
While we’d be content with just about anything in Stevie’s closet, we’re pretty sure her accessory collection is to die for. Since that scenario is only available in our dreams, we’ll settle for this cross pendant, which is similar in style to a pendant Stevie once wore. No styling necessary: simply layer it over all your gypsy dresses and bewitching velvet jackets.

8. Silk Gypsy Blouse ($909.51) by Roberto Cavalli
This gorgeous silk blouse is a must-have if you’re looking to channel Stevie’s gypsy-woman vibe. The silky fabric, breezy silhouette, pretty floral print, sheer edges, and lace trim all instantly call Stevie’s style to mind. Wear it over wide-leg jeans for a hippie-inspired look or layer it over a pair of skinny jeans for a modern twist.

9. Dame-115 Boots ($43.95) by Funtasma
All the pieces in today’s story have a Stevie Nicks vibe about them, but if you truly want to channel the Gold Dust Woman, you must add a pair of these boots to the mix. The black lace overlay, pointy toe, and corset-style laces have a Victorian gothic vibe, which is just one of the many styles that Stevie used to channel.

10. Stevie Top/Dress ($115) by Jen’s Pirate Booty
This top by Jen’s Pirate Booty is the perfect way to finish today’s story. Not only is it named after Stevie, it is certainly inspired by her: the flowing silhouette will give you an easy, breezy hippie vibe, while the ribbon trim and kimono-style sleeves add flair. The best part, however, is the fact that it can be worn as a top or dress.

Please note that this post may contain one or more sponsored links. If you happen to shop using these links, Mama’s A Rolling Stone will receive a commission from the store.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love how other celebs get their style ideas from her. Here's a few that I thought were particularly neat.

Photobucket

Looks like:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Old 11-05-2010, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

They sure didn't pick Stevie's best moments in fashion, in my opinion!
Old 11-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I don't think I've ever seen Stevie in Pink besides that last picture. Pink pants, really? Besides that I don't really mind these looks
Old 11-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I was thinking exactly the same thing!
Old 11-06-2010, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post

Photobucket
Okay, this is weird: that thing Kesha is wearing looks EXACTLY the same as this thing owned/donated by Stevie to a Hard Rock Cafe somewhere in Germany (I wish I could remember where I got this pic from):

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 11-06-2010, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That cape looks like the very same one. Unless she's into things Stevie, and had it remade?
Old 11-06-2010, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
Okay, this is weird: that thing Kesha is wearing looks EXACTLY the same as this thing owned/donated by Stevie to a Hard Rock Cafe somewhere in Germany (I wish I could remember where I got this pic from):
Wow! That is verrry similar. Kesha probably did have it remade or something, who knows. I like her thinking.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Senior Ledgie

Wow, Sanne, you're good! They're identical!
Old 11-06-2010, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^ I wonder if Ke$ha's has that button on the top too, but can't see from...all that...hair! gahh
Old 11-06-2010, 11:30 AM
Senior Ledgie

Speaking of fashion.. I don't know if this has been posted before, but here's some Stevie influence in Vogue:
http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/l...tevienicks.jpg
Old 11-06-2010, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, no way Ke$ha's jacket's resemblance to Stevie's is a coincidence.... still ruling the world, mama Nicks!
Old 11-07-2010, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

These people don't get it. It wasn't just that Stevie was wearing these things--it was that she was wearing them while singing songs like "Rhiannon" & "Dreams" in a fantastic rock band. She wasn't just some college girl walking down the street in chiffon--she was the cynosure of the whole show, getting all billowy in the breeze onstage at the DAY ON THE GREEN in front of 100,000 people under the noonday sun.

As they always say about Fleetwood Mac, too, the whole was greater than the sum of the parts with Stevie Nicks.

Old 11-07-2010, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
These people don't get it. It wasn't just that Stevie was wearing these things--it was that she was wearing them while singing songs like "Rhiannon" & "Dreams" in a fantastic rock band. She wasn't just some college girl walking down the street in chiffon--she was the cynosure of the whole show, getting all billowy in the breeze onstage at the DAY ON THE GREEN in front of 100,000 people under the noonday sun.
I love what you wrote here. In fact, just last night, I was watching the film clips you provided of the 2 DOTG events.