Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-22-2008, 08:52 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Blue Lamp

Does anyone know if stevie ever did a video or live performance of blue lamp? I would be in heaven if i could find a video or a live performance of her singing this. I have looked everywhere. All i found was her singing it in the recording studio.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

she did it on the Bella Donna tour, and there are about one or versions floating around there that im sure someone can post for you. Unfortunutly the quality kind of sucks, but at least its something.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 11-23-2008, 05:35 AM
Senior Ledgie

Didn't she do it on the HBO special?
Old 11-23-2008, 06:00 AM
Senior Ledgie

No, she didnt- but i found one from LA, 81; here it is:
http://www.mediafire.com/?wdmkwjnnyzm

lemme know if it works.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Played on the 1981 tour, as the others said. There are tape recordings of BLUE LAMP from Houston Nov. 28, Oakland Dec. 3, Bev Hills Dec. 12, & Bev Hills Dec. 13.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-23-2008, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What's the deal with the blue lamp?

LOL
Old 11-23-2008, 08:42 PM
Junior Ledgie

thanks everyone for answering my post and for the video's. Much appreciated. The Blue lamp has always been my favorite stevie song that i've wanted to see her sing on video.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

July 12, 2015 by Beverly Paterson, Something Else Reviews

http://somethingelsereviews.com/2015...otion-picture/

Sammy Hagar, Don Felder + others, Heavy Metal: Music From The Motion Picture (1981)

To begin with, the title of this double album soundtrack is a bit misleading, as a smattering of entries don’t exactly qualify as heavy metal. For instance, there’s the jazzy vibe of Steely Dan’s Donald Fagen’s “True Companion,” Devo’s robotic new wave cover of Lee Dorsey’s “Working in a Coal Mine,” the fluttering pop rock palpitations of “Blue Lamp” from Fleetwood Mac’s Stevie Nicks — and “Open Arms,” a lovey-dovey ballad by Journey tailor-made for slow-dancing at the high school prom.
Old 07-14-2015, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It always cracks me up when she answers the question about the Blue Lamp on "Storytellers" and says "It sits in my living room and people see it and write songs about it..."

"People" meaning "Stevie". Or else people actually HAVE written songs about it and we just don't know who or what songs.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
It always cracks me up when she answers the question about the Blue Lamp on "Storytellers" and says "It sits in my living room and people see it and write songs about it..."

"People" meaning "Stevie". Or else people actually HAVE written songs about it and we just don't know who or what songs.
Zomg, her response to the Blue Lamp question on Storytellers continues to crack me up. Whenever I fly, I can't help but think about Stevie kicking and screaming to get her lamp onto the plane.
Old 07-15-2015, 12:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
Oh, put Vanessa Carlton down for a song. I can just imagine her sitting in the living room staring at the blue lamp.

I imagine Ariana Grande would lick it.

Michele
Old 07-15-2015, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Blue Lamp was the very first Stevie Nicks solo song released to the world, prior to Bella Bella Donna.

I remember getting the soundtrack album; primarily to hear Stevie's song. I was captivated from the start, even though "there was no message in sight." I had no idea what the song was about, but was intrigued nonetheless.

It was performed only on her first tour, and made a welcome appearance on her Enchanted box set.
Old 07-18-2015, 02:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Blue Lamp was the very first Stevie Nicks solo song released to the world, prior to Bella Bella Donna.
It was also, apparently, the first song that she ever recorded for the Bella Donna project, which I find to be extremely interesting. In her own words...

"It was very important that it found a place for itself. I love that song. It was really the beginning of Bella Donna because it was the first thing I'd ever recorded with other musicians, and it was the first time I'd ever recorded by standing in a room singing at the same time that five guys were playing."

In my opinion, I wish that "Blue Lamp" had made it onto the record and that they would have stayed with and used the "mystical vibe" that the song provides throughout the record. But I guess they were trying to get away from that aspect of her persona and market her as a straight "rock and roll" act. "Kind Of Woman" "Outside The Rain" and "How Still My Love" are really the only other tracks that continue that atmospheric alchemy.

However, it is what it is and I still appreciate the half pop rock/half country rock artistry of it all...even if it is basically "Stevie Nicks & The Heartbreakers".
Old 07-18-2015, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I almost like the opening riff of "Blue Lamp" as strictly a guilty pleasure thing because it does sound so mainstream 80's rock, but elsewhere the guitar is pretty cool and Stevie's vocals and lyrics are so great.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I had looked everywhere..

"..don't listen to her.. listen through her..."

the only way to listen and appreciate Stevie Nicks.. trying to be wiser to get out... ahh.. those emotional stars..