The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It sounds like she may have had a few procedures done after coming out of the Klonopin/Prozac haze. This must have been around the time she had her vision corrected too. I remember her telling the crowd at an East Coast show that she could finally see everyone, "I'm not blind!"
Old 08-17-2013, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb Another Version ie Broken Bosoms

I read an off the cuff interview where she asked the interviewer if she wanted to see her broken breast implants...she declined...she keeps them in her giant stainless steel refidgerator/freezer...they were so broken the surgery to clean her breast cavities took a dangerously long time...they are yellow, green, black brown...etc...then Stevie offered to show her the giant hole in her nose...again, the reporter declined. In summary, she said she could die any second from a brain annurysm...because the coke tore through her sinuses and was ripping into the braIn blood barrier...finally, she said she is now possibly prone to auto immune diseases...cancer etc....because of the implants. That is why she keeps them...in case they need to study them for a cure or whatever.

Personally, I think her breasts were much more grandious circa 1986ish...rock a little into Tango...The Other Side OTM...then whoppers when she really gat weight...Mask Tour, Timespace...President Clintons Party Etc....I wonder if she went back and ordered a large because on stage her huge hair, corsets with push up bras and huge 757 shoulder pads...that gave her more of an hourglass illusion. I met her in street clothes {plain flowered summer dress and bolero jacket and that huge Rasta hippie hat with her hair down]. She wasn't FAT but certaintly not hourglassish.

Does anyone notice them being bigger in late 80s 90s?

I love her. I do feel creepy discussing this...but, these are real questions I ask unspoken when my mind wanders....
Old 08-17-2013, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Gott in himmel!

I waiver between seeing her as a tragic mess, an awful fool, or an admirable survivor.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca View Post
Gott in himmel!

I waiver between seeing her as a tragic mess, an awful fool, or an admirable survivor.
well, almost by definition you have to have been an awful mess at some point to have ultimately become an admirable survivor. I tend to see her as both, though the awful mess is more "was". I think she's a definite survivor now and trying to make up for the mess she was/the messes she caused whilst she was so effed up.
Old 07-18-2015, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Page Six

http://pagesix.com/2015/07/15/stars-...t-implants/#12

Stars who removed their breast implants Posted: July 15, 2015

Stevie Nicks got breast implants in 1976, and waited almost 20 years to remove them. The Fleetwood Mac chanteuse told People, “Like cocaine, the whole world was getting them back then, and everyone was told they were safe. But I’m living proof that they aren’t safe.”
Old 07-19-2015, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Page Six

http://pagesix.com/2015/07/15/stars-...t-implants/#12

Stars who removed their breast implants Posted: July 15, 2015

Stevie Nicks got breast implants in 1976, and waited almost 20 years to remove them. The Fleetwood Mac chanteuse told People, “Like cocaine, the whole world was getting them back then, and everyone was told they were safe. But I’m living proof that they aren’t safe.”

If everyone jumped off a roof into the pacific ocean would stevie jump off a roof into the pacific ocean this disappoints me. i prefer the part of Stevie's personality that gives absolutely no $h! ts and does whatever the hell she wants
Old 07-19-2015, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
If everyone jumped off a roof into the pacific ocean would stevie jump off a roof into the pacific ocean this disappoints me. i prefer the part of Stevie's personality that gives absolutely no $h! ts and does whatever the hell she wants
that's the thing... Stevie has ALWAYS cared what other people think, what's "in" and all that... It's really Lindsey who's the one who truly, truly doesn't care what other people think about most things and lives his life doing whatever he wants. Stevie herself described him "You're not like other people, you do what you want to"
Old 07-23-2015, 03:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
that's the thing... Stevie has ALWAYS cared what other people think, what's "in" and all that... It's really Lindsey who's the one who truly, truly doesn't care what other people think about most things and lives his life doing whatever he wants. Stevie herself described him "You're not like other people, you do what you want to"
yeah i know.
but more recent years, she's become more like that.
she is a PEOPLE PLEASER for sure
but she doesn't care if everyone thinks she's a witch, lives in airy fairy fantasy land, sings the SAME damn songs at every show, wears the same damn clothes at every show ...
Old 07-23-2015, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I did not see Dolly in the article .

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 07-23-2015, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
yeah i know.
but more recent years, she's become more like that.
she is a PEOPLE PLEASER for sure
but she doesn't care if everyone thinks she's a witch, lives in airy fairy fantasy land, sings the SAME damn songs at every show, wears the same damn clothes at every show ...
well to be fair, no one can control what other people think about them. I mean, some people have heard the propaganda for decades that she's a witch and all that and they're not likely to go back and rethink it. So by the time you get to be almost 70 yeah, I can see where you just don't give a sh*t anymore about that particular battle and in fact decide to have a little fun with it.

Now the singing same songs and wearing same clothes-- it seems like that goes to her not really wanting to stretch her boundaries anymore. She's gotten to the point of knowing she is the 'legend' she always was striving to be, and it really seems like she feels she's made her mark and she a)doesn't have to prove herself anymore and b) isn't gonna mess with her legend legacy. She's kind of adopted that attitude Lindsey always gripes about "find what works and run it into the ground". She knows what's worked so far and she's not gonna change it now--- for better or worse.