User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-03-2018, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
THEN Neil Finn came on, and talked about FM, and I thought "What twilight zone am I in??" I have nothing negative to say about him or Mike, but it just seemed so strange to have someone that I know little about, discussing FM like he is a seasoned member.
Yeah, whenever his voice pops through my speakers it's jarring. And for some reason his bumpers seem to be really long; like everyone else has 10 second soundbites and he gets 3 min. monologues...?

I fault him for nothing, though. Just sayin'.
Old 05-03-2018, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This may be a naive question, but how does Sirius XM work? It seems like it is basically radio in the sense that it is streaming and certain content is scheduled for a certain time. So I’m basically wondering if it is worth it to subscribe or take advantage of a free trial. Is there any way to hear interviews or content mentioned here when it’s not currently airing? For instance, is there an archive that I can click to hear interviews, etc? Or do I just have to catch it on the air?
Old 05-03-2018, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I only have Sirius in the car and have been working at home the last couple of days. Tomorrow I will probably have the usual oppressively long commute though, so hopefully I can finally hear some. It sounds pretty good so far from all your reviews.
Old 05-03-2018, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
This may be a naive question, but how does Sirius XM work? It seems like it is basically radio in the sense that it is streaming and certain content is scheduled for a certain time. So I’m basically wondering if it is worth it to subscribe or take advantage of a free trial. Is there any way to hear interviews or content mentioned here when it’s not currently airing? For instance, is there an archive that I can click to hear interviews, etc? Or do I just have to catch it on the air?
Like any other radio station, it is live. However, they often repeat blocks of programming, especially on the talk stations.

I've never used the website, so I can't speak to that, but I do stream from the app while at work. On there, you can jump around and listen to specific segments; it's the closest thing to an archive I'm aware of.
Old 05-03-2018, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
I have it in the car and at home but I've never paid much attention to how it works, I just listen to stations I like. You can always cancel after the free trial. Why not call them and see what they say?
The FM channel is playing a lot of great stuff. My only complaint so far is they don't explain much about the eras or who the songs were written by as often as I'd like. A standard Rumors era fan could use more info on the non Rumours era songs.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Channel number?
Old 05-03-2018, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
Channel number?
channel 30
Old 05-03-2018, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Oh wow, did I say how much I love this channel

Cruising to work this morning to Emerald Eyes and Homeward Bound.
Are you kidding me?
Best part was driving the Florida turnpike today to The Chain live 1982.

Interesting interview with Stevie about Say You Will. She said after writing the song she thought it was going to be a huge hit. She was sad it was not a hit and the record company was so disappointed with Say You Will sales. She said how proud they were of the album but without Christine there was no magic.
Heard Freedom and Got A Hold On Me and Oh Well live 1975 with Lindsey.

Heard Save Me on the radio coming home. Have not heard that on the radio since 1990

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-03-2018 at 04:32 PM..
Old 05-03-2018, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i've been listening in my car. they play interesting music.

i just cannot stand Mick's voice. and that douche seems to like a lot of music that i do too. on my ride home from work, he selected George Harrison song, than talk at length how much he loves Walk a Thin Line and played that, and then Why.

i want Lindsey's commentary now. and his selections.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-03-2018, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i've been listening in my car. they play interesting music.

i just cannot stand Mick's voice. and that douche seems to like a lot of music that i do too. on my ride home from work, he selected George Harrison song, than talk at length how much he loves Walk a Thin Line and played that, and then Why.

i want Lindsey's commentary now. and his selections.
He played “All Things Must Pass” just before I got home tonight and I thought “ugh I hate that this pompous jerk likes this wonderful song.” I missed Walk a Thin Line thankfully.

Last edited by jmn3; 05-03-2018 at 05:51 PM..
Old 05-03-2018, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
He played “All Things Must Pass” just before I got home tonight and I thought “ugh I hate that this pompous jerk likes this wonderful song.” I missed Walk a Thin Line thankfully.
Walk a Thin Line has been my number one request from Lindsey since 2011. i only got that one verse back in 2012 in Chicago Winery.

i knew Mick liked it, he said several times it's probably his favorite rumours era FM song. at one of the m&gs i was trying to get him to push LB / FM to play it. he said - LB NEVER played that live...... i was happy to dispute that considering that one verse. when he heard that, Mick looked at me like i grew several heads.

but i'm still waiting to hear the whole, proper live version of WATL from Lindsey.

and, it was glorious and extremely sad at the same time to hear it on that FM channel today.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-03-2018, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Love the Fleetwood Mac channel

I've been listening to it whenever I'm home and I'm pleasantly surprised at how they are doing a terrific job with the playlist - playing the different eras, etc.

I'm not a big fan of the artists influenced by Fleetwood Mac - but the songs played are usually very good.

I hope this station stays around for a while.

Just had to pop in and give my applause for the Fleetwood Mac Sirius XM station.

"You Make Loving Fun" live just started... bam..
Old 05-03-2018, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The channel overall is pretty cool. I've heard everything from The Everly Brothers to Peter Green to a bunch of Say You Will tracks. I just have to listen and enjoy and not think about this stupid firing Lindsey stunt. I was late to a meeting today when they were playing Sara from the Tucson 1980 show.

I'm less of a fan of hearing things like Boys of Summer which IMO is beyond a stretch to link to the Fleetwood Mac channel. Additionally, I can't get into hearing Neil Finn talk about the band. It's just bizarre. Hearing someone say "When I got called to join Fleetwood Mac, about three weeks ago now.." about their involvement in a 51 year old band is just jarring and bizarre. I know he's technically in the band now but he has absolutely not one ounce of involvement in any of the music at all unless they start playing audio from that cell phone video rehearsal of The Chain.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My biggest gripe is too much Jackson Browne, not enough Crowded House.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-03-2018, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I'm less of a fan of hearing things like Boys of Summer which IMO is beyond a stretch to link to the Fleetwood Mac channel.
Not really, though, since the band’s current lead guitarist co-wrote it.

THE Stephen Hopkins